Andrew Luck Retires (merged X6) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck Retires (merged X6)

I hope threads like this and all the other ones make fans have more appreciate for Tannehill.
It's hard as hell to play the position.Heck, in the same time frame i'm not sure of any other QB that took more of a beating than Tannehill including Luck.

Overall, I hope it lends some thoughts to all the other players that don't have the big name like Luck, nor the type of financial security, he has, to retire early.
Joe Philbin got both of these guys killed.

The Ricky news was stunning for sure, but this was on an entire new level. He would have been going to the hall of fame if he would be protected. Plus the Colts may have now entered QB purgatory. Not a great place to be

Ricky Williams is going to hall of fame bud. Easily the best back I have ever seen play the game in the modern age. Perfect combo of speed, strength, and elusiveness.

Ricky Willams in his prime would dominate this NFL. No one runs like he did back then. Whenever I am bored I watch RB highlights for fun and the ones I always go back to are Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, and Ricky Williams.

Some players are beasts but Ricky Willams was a monster.

Ricky Williams is going to hall of fame bud. Easily the best back I have ever seen play the game in the modern age. Perfect combo of speed, strength, and elusiveness.

Ricky Willams in his prime would dominate this NFL. No one runs like he did back then. Whenever I am bored I watching RB highlights for fun and the ones I always go back to are Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, and Ricky Williams.
I agree w this. Such a fluid runner too.

He's not the coach or GM, and the team is too talented.

We thought that about the 2011 Colts as well:

The Colts were coming off a 10–6 record in 2010 and a second consecutive AFC South championship, as well as a ninth consecutive playoff appearance. In 2011, the Colts were looking to set an NFL record for the most consecutive playoff appearances (10) and be the first NFL team to play a Super Bowl in its home stadium (Super Bowl XLVI was held in Indianapolis).

The Colts had placed their franchise tag on star quarterback Peyton Manning before the season started but he sat out the entire season due to neck surgery. The Colts turned to retired quarterback Kerry Collins and then to Curtis Painter, neither of whom could fill Manning’s void.[1] The team finished the season with a 2–14 record, the worst regular season record by a Colts team since 1991, and failed to make the playoffs for the first time since 2001.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Indianapolis_Colts_season

Yet mysteriously in 2012 they are back to an 11-5 team.

Just sayin'.....

Why couldn't this be Brady? I'm seriously starting to wonder if Brady has been using PEDs. Wouldn't be shocked in the slightest. If any player could get away with it, it would be him. They created the Brady rule for him - can't hit the QB.

Maybe the owners will stop treating players like cattle and protect their investments...

Man, shocked and disappointed to hear this. Not disappointed with Luck making the decision, but that we won’t get to see him play again. While I am no Indy fan, those times I got to see Luck play were just fun to watch. Guy had a classy, yet quirky personality that I really thought was cool.

I remember watching RT and Luck square off for the first time and thinking that both of them could be really special, but Luck just had next level moxie that you could see was going to make him excellent, and was already ahead of RT. Ironically, in the end, neither were able to fully realize their full potential due to the same exact problem, their teams both thought that they didn’t have to protect them on the OL. Injuries happened, and now this.

The FO better learn from this quickly, or the same thing will happen to Rosen or our next draft pick.

Why couldn't this be Brady? I'm seriously starting to wonder if Brady has been using PEDs. Wouldn't be shocked in the slightest. If any player could get away with it, it would be him. They created the Brady rule for him - can't hit the QB.
Somehow they can win SBs w the QB only throwing the ball 3 yards in the air all day. Dude never gets touched.

I guess it's possible that he comes back down the road, but man has he been through the ringer with injuries. It was a shocker, but when you look more closely definitely understandable. The Colts now go from a super bowl contender to maybe a fringe playoff team at best.

If Andrew Luck wasn't serious about retiring and just maybe didn't want to to play for the Colts anymore if imIthe Cowboys I'm offering Dak Prescott and a first could you imagine Luck with that offense line and Ezekiel Elliot has his running back.

Man, shocked and disappointed to hear this. Not disappointed with Luck making the decision, but that we won’t get to see him play again. While I am no Indy fan, those times I got to see Luck play were just fun to watch. Guy had a classy, yet quirky personality that I really thought was cool.

I remember watching RT and Luck square off for the first time and thinking that both of them could be really special, but Luck just had next level moxie that you could see was going to make him excellent, and was already ahead of RT. Ironically, in the end, neither were able to fully realize their full potential due to the same exact problem, their teams both thought that they didn’t have to protect them on the OL. Injuries happened, and now this.

The FO better learn from this quickly, or the same thing will happen to Rosen or our next draft pick.
Great point. Miami's offensive line currently looks really, really bad. Maybe some of the young players develop, but most likely the Dolphins will be looking to add two or three starters to the unit next year. That's a heavy load, especially if Rosen doesn't pan out and you're swinging for another quarterback.

I wonder what the people who labeled RG3 a bust have to say about Luck.

I'm sure it's all best wishes and great career.

Ricky Willams in his prime would dominate this NFL. No one runs like he did back then. Whenever I am bored I watch RB highlights for fun and the ones I always go back to are Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, and Ricky Williams.

Some players are beasts but Ricky Willams was a monster.

Hard to argue Ricky wasn't (as Dikta did) worth an entire draft!

Back
Top Bottom