Andrew Walter, Arizona State | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Walter, Arizona State

Joey 22 said:
... 72 yards flat footed, only missed in 1 throw in the hole workout 40.5 vertical he is amazing...

The NFL is littered with workout wonders. Individual workouts are often well run and choreographed by the player's agents, who's best interest would it be for the player to be "amazing"?

I just don't think a player's work-out is anything to get excited for, other than seeing that the player is in good health and doesn't do anything stupid. It is amazing that he can throw a football 72yrds flatfooted, but so what? Maybe he'll have a chance to win the QB challenge next summer. He does have good potential and is a very good athlete, so does Campbell.

I think Walter may be the only available prospect with less mobility than Drew Bledsoe. Not really a fan of his at all so no thanks unless he lasts later than expected such as rd 4 or 5.

He's not immobile. He just looks awkward doing so. This statement also contradicts your lust for the much lesser armed, inaccurate, pedestrian speed of Orlovsky.

I'd love to get Walter but I just don't think we need a quarterback.

Oh you even have a picture of him in your sig I think that even if we dont need a QB you dont pass on a 1st rd quality QB that is available in the 3rd or 4th.

sports24/7 said:
I love Walter. If he hadn't injured his shoulder he could easily be the third QB taken. He probably has the best arm of the bunch coming out. He does have limited mobility, but I would take a slow guy with a rifle for an arm anyday. If he is there in the 4th we should jump all over him.

If he hadn't injured his shoulder he would have been the FIRST QB taken. He was the #1 QB on almost all of the mock draft boards until he injured his shoulder.

Face it people, that noodle armed Alex Smith is a project QB that jumped into the first round because of injuries to Kyle Orton and Andrew Walter.

Cheapshotz said:
If he hadn't injured his shoulder he would have been the FIRST QB taken. He was the #1 QB on almost all of the mock draft boards until he injured his shoulder.

Face it people, that noodle armed Alex Smith is a project QB that jumped into the first round because of injuries to Kyle Orton and Andrew Walter.
No I don't think he would have. On all of the scouting reports and mock drafts I saw he was always below Rogers and after Smith's rise he wouldnt have been ahead of him either. Before this year maybe, but he didn't have the year people expected from him before he was injured. Smith didn't jump into the first because of injuries either. That wouldn't change anything except the stock of the people who got injured. Smith's stock wouldnt be high unless people thought he was a good QB, and his workout proved he was.

No way Orton is better than Smith.:shakeno: And maybe just maybe a healthy Walters can be better than both Rogers and Smith. He is bigger, stronger has a better arm, reads defenses better, its a film junkie and has passion for the game the only but in Walters ability its his mobility. Was Marino or Aikman mobile?

sports24/7 said:
No I don't think he would have. On all of the scouting reports and mock drafts I saw he was always below Rogers and after Smith's rise he wouldnt have been ahead of him either. Before this year maybe, but he didn't have the year people expected from him before he was injured. Smith didn't jump into the first because of injuries either. That wouldn't change anything except the stock of the people who got injured. Smith's stock wouldnt be high unless people thought he was a good QB, and his workout proved he was.

LOL, Smart guy, Can you tell me when Smith became a first rounder? I was keeping up with the QB's in college when we started out 0-4 and Smith never made it past the 3rd round until the bowl game. He plays WEAK competition and above all he's a system QB. I wouldn't mind taking a guy like him the 3rd round, but no way in HELL would i waste a first round pick on that guy.

Cheapshotz said:
LOL, Smart guy, Can you tell me when Smith became a first rounder?

When he declared for the draft? He waited until after the Fiesta Bowl to declare (after Meyer was going to Fla. no less). Leinart and Rogers had always been above Smith, I'll grant you that. Once Smith delared the mocks assumed his selection. Smith was in the 1st round with Rogers, and steadily climbed to the top QB on most boards.

He used to be considered a 1st round qb

So he might even be worth a look, I mean, he has been around a while, not like an alex smith or aaron rodgers one year wonders. But I don't really follow college football So I would not know.

Cheapshotz said:
LOL, Smart guy, Can you tell me when Smith became a first rounder? I was keeping up with the QB's in college when we started out 0-4 and Smith never made it past the 3rd round until the bowl game. He plays WEAK competition and above all he's a system QB. I wouldn't mind taking a guy like him the 3rd round, but no way in HELL would i waste a first round pick on that guy.
Ok, well I have been keeping up with Walter for a few years now, and maybe last year he was the highest rated QB, but towards the end of the college season, when the draft starts to take shape he wasnt even close. Smith was never really on anyone's radar until his great job this year. As the draft got closer and closer and people started to really look into prospects Smith started to pick up steam. Thats the way it works. The same thing happened with Phillip Rivers last year. As far as Smith being a systems QB, then that is fine with me because he would be using the same system in Miami that he did in college. But I guess you know more than the NFL scouting personell that have this guy as a high first round QB.

sports24/7 said:
Ok, well I have been keeping up with Walter for a few years now, and maybe last year he was the highest rated QB, but towards the end of the college season, when the draft starts to take shape he wasnt even close. Smith was never really on anyone's radar until his great job this year. As the draft got closer and closer and people started to really look into prospects Smith started to pick up steam. Thats the way it works. The same thing happened with Phillip Rivers last year. As far as Smith being a systems QB, then that is fine with me because he would be using the same system in Miami that he did in college. But I guess you know more than the NFL scouting personell that have this guy as a high first round QB.

You know what. Sometimes i do know more than those idiot sportswriters. I believe i'm 100% correct on Alex Smith and the sportwrters are wrong. Alex Smith is the type of player you pick in the 3rd round and develop. He's now going to be picked by a crappy team in the top 5 and will be expected to start either this year or next year and he WON'T be ready for it. He'll FLOP for sure if he's picked by SF or Cleveland.

Cheapshotz said:
You know what. Sometimes i do know more than those idiot sportswriters. I believe i'm 100% correct on Alex Smith and the sportwrters are wrong. Alex Smith is the type of player you pick in the 3rd round and develop. He's now going to be picked by a crappy team in the top 5 and will be expected to start either this year or next year and he WON'T be ready for it. He'll FLOP for sure if he's picked by SF or Cleveland.
I don't doubt you know more than some sportswriters. Some of them have no clue about what they are writing about, but it isnt the sportswriters that are projecting the guy to be good. It is scouts and talent evaluators that get payed to do that. Sure he may not be successful right away if he is thrown into the fire, but I doubt anyone is expecting that from him. You dont have to wait until the third round to take a guy who needs to be developed. If the guy is going to be a great player then its worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom