Andrews + 3? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrews + 3?

72phin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Today's Hearald article speculates that there are four players that the phins are hoping are available at pick 20 (Andrews plus three others). If those players aren't available, they will entertain trade-down offers.

Any guesses on the three?

My Guesses: Starks, DJ Williams, Dansby

My guess, including Shawn Andrews:

1. Shawn Andrews OT Arkansas
2. Vernon Carey OT/OG Miami
3. Justin Smiley OG Alabama
4. Matt Ware CB/FS UCLA

There is great Safety value ion rounds 2 and threee in this draft, so I imagine Ware is not one of the three. As for Smiley, I dont think they would stay at 20 just to draft him. He could be had even after moving down. I say:

OT Andrews
DT Starks
OT Carey
WR R Williams

Originally posted by Surferosa
There is great Safety value ion rounds 2 and threee in this draft, so I imagine Ware is not one of the three. As for Smiley, I dont think they would stay at 20 just to draft him. He could be had even after moving down. I say:

OT Andrews
DT Starks
OT Carey
WR R Williams

My turn. I agree with Surfer, 20 is too high for a lot of these guys, especially guards and safeties. It is really a 'tweener' spot to be picking, Very tricky. After not having a #1 for so many of the last few years you would like to see them stick at 20, but I have my doubts.

D. Hall (no way)
V. Wilfork
R. Williams
S. Andrews

I think there is a greater chance that Smiley will be taken before the next 5 picks are up than Carey would be. A lot of people have Smiley rated as the 2nd best lineman in the draft, period.

You are going to be surprised at how high he will go. Like maybe New England at the 21st pick. Everyone thinks NE will take a RB, but Belicheck is not known for grabbing a RB that high.

I also believe that Lee Evans may still be high on their list. The temptation to take a WR will be there, even if it muddles things up a bit with the Chris Chambers negotiations.

I agree with KB...Smiley is going to go higher than many think he will.

I would not mind at all, if we took him @ 20.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
I also believe that Lee Evans may still be high on their list. The temptation to take a WR will be there, even if it muddles things up a bit with the Chris Chambers negotiations.

Keith.......you know I would love to see them take Evans, but I really think 20 is too high for him. There is so much comparable talent at WR after you get past the top 4 guys, that I think they will be looking for the stud player to drop than reach a bit for someone that just happens to be there. They may just take the best available player, because except for RB and TE, you could make a case for adding a young prospect at just about any other position on the team.................................................................. But man I would love Evans on this team!!!!!!!

Originally posted by inFINSible
I agree with KB...Smiley is going to go higher than many think he will.

I would not mind at all, if we took him @ 20.

I don't diagree with that either, he is clearly the #3 lineman in the draft. I just don't think at 20. Don't you also think he is more suited to LG than RG? His atheleticism would not be fully maximized on the right side. They could move Jeno James to RG, and actually that might suit his style of play better. So, in short, I think Smiley is a real posibility, BUT, not at 20.
They will hope a top 15 drops.

Originally posted by Jorser

I don't diagree with that either, he is clearly the #3 lineman in the draft. I just don't think at 20. Don't you also think he is more suited to LG than RG? His atheleticism would not be fully maximized on the right side. They could move Jeno James to RG, and actually that might suit his style of play better. So, in short, I think Smiley is a real posibility, BUT, not at 20.
They will hope a top 15 drops.
Maybe I've never thought about this before.....what is the diff between a RG and a LG? I always assumed it was just a matter of which side a player feels more comfortable on...for example, if he slide steps better to his right or left.....Now, I'm a little confused?

As far as a top15 talent dropping, I think the talent between 10 and 25 is practically interchangeable.....I believe that Smiley is in that group, which is why I wouldn't have a problem picking him up at 20.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Maybe I've never thought about this before.....what is the diff between a RG and a LG? I always assumed it was just a matter of which side a player feels more comfortable on...for example, if he slide steps better to his right or left.....Now, I'm a little confused?

As far as a top15 talent dropping, I think the talent between 10 and 25 is practically interchangeable.....I believe that Smiley is in that group, which is why I wouldn't have a problem picking him up at 20.

They could be interchangeable I guess, teams will run the same play to either side. I was just always of the opinon that the more powerful, less athletic type, is better suited to the right side and the player with better footwork is better on the left. Dixon and Nails being examples of that in their prime.

If the players between 10 and 25 are all equal, why not try to trade down then? I am not sure the cut off for that is 10. I think there are about 15 or so that are at the top. I just have an issue with them selecting a guard that high.

I would also watch out for Nat Dorsey. Dave and Rick are good friends with Chan and if he recomends Dorsey, then that might make us want him more.

Back
Top Bottom