Andrews + 3? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrews + 3?

Originally posted by Jorser

They could be interchangeable I guess, teams will run the same play to either side. I was just always of the opinon that the more powerful, less athletic type, is better suited to the right side and the player with better footwork is better on the left. Dixon and Nails being examples of that in their prime.

If the players between 10 and 25 are all equal, why not try to trade down then? I am not sure the cut off for that is 10. I think there are about 15 or so that are at the top. I just have an issue with them selecting a guard that high.
One of the reasons I wouldn't trade down is I don't think he will be there much after our pick at 20...and I really want him.

I love it when a profile of a college lineman says his ONLY weakness is lack of NFL strength. That's what Smileys' says. Get him with an NFL S&C coach, and some *cough*dietary supplements*cough* and, Bang! All-Pro guard for a decade.

Would you spend the 20th pick on a Kuetch or Little? ;)

Originally posted by FireinCairo
I would also watch out for Nat Dorsey. Dave and Rick are good friends with Chan and if he recomends Dorsey, then that might make us want him more.
Shula is the HC at Bama..;)

*see sig*

Originally posted by inFINSible
I agree with KB...Smiley is going to go higher than many think he will.

I would not mind at all, if we took him @ 20.

I second that. The tremendous ability, combined with that attitude. I wouldn't doubt him going to NE at 21 if we traded down. They'd get an excellent player that we coveted.

Originally posted by Jorser
Don't you also think he is more suited to LG than RG? His atheleticism would not be fully maximized on the right side. They could move Jeno James to RG, and actually that might suit his style of play better.

You know, that's a really nice idea. Hadn't thought too much about that. I like it. But even if the Phins are considering that, I wonder if they'd plug a rookie into that LG spot right away. Seems like it's the more "difficult" of the two spots. But how much more difficult??

The last rookie LG I can remember on our squad is Keith Sims. But was he thrown right into the mix at LG?? Or did he start camp on the right side??

Man, wouldn't it be nice to have a young left side reminiscent of Webb and Sims. Except this duo should run block better.

I think the 4 players are Andrews, Darnell Dockett, Jonathan Vilma and Justin Smiley. I also think, despite signing Reggie Howard, they will monitor Dunta Robinson.

I don't see them taking Dorsey or Jacob Rogers because I don't see either of them playing RG when McIntosh is healthy, whereas I can see Andrews doing that. I think we'll sign Robinson-Randall to back-up Wade Smith and to push St Clair to start at RT till D-Mac is 100%.

Originally posted by inFINSible

I love it when a profile of a college lineman says his ONLY weakness is lack of NFL strength. That's what Smileys' says. Get him with an NFL S&C coach, and some *cough*dietary supplements*cough* and, Bang! All-Pro guard for a decade.

I know he only did 19 reps. But everything else I read about Smiley suggests that he's got good power, as he doesn't get pushed back and moves people. Upper body strength is where I'm guessing he might lack.

No need for "additional supplements". Just get him in the weight room, which doesn't sound like a problem seeing as he's a dedicated pro off the field.

I really hope we get this guy. He or Andrews. The athleticism is what really tips the scales for me.

Like the 40, the bench often belies how strong a player is on the field. Smiley is much stronger than 19 reps. The guy is one of the best drive blocker in the draft.

Originally posted by Muck

I second that. The tremendous ability, combined with that attitude. I wouldn't doubt him going to NE at 21 if we traded down. They'd get an excellent player that we coveted.

You know, that's a really nice idea. Hadn't thought too much about that. I like it. But even if the Phins are considering that, I wonder if they'd plug a rookie into that LG spot right away. Seems like it's the more "difficult" of the two spots. But how much more difficult??

The last rookie LG I can remember on our squad is Keith Sims. But was he thrown right into the mix at LG?? Or did he start camp on the right side??

Man, wouldn't it be nice to have a young left side reminiscent of Webb and Sims. Except this duo should run block better.

I believe Webb and Sims both started in their rookie year at LT and LG and were a terrific combo for a number of years. I think they moved Roy Foster to RG when they drafted Sims

Smith and Smiley????

Originally posted by Boomer
Like the 40, the bench often belies how strong a player is on the field. Smiley is much stronger than 19 reps. The guy is one of the best drive blocker in the draft.

Good to know. The opposite would be Tim Ruddy, who was always among the strongest Dolphins on the bench, but far from it on the field.

I think the 4 players are Andrews, Darnell Dockett, Jonathan Vilma and Justin Smiley. I also think, despite signing Reggie Howard, they will monitor Dunta Robinson.

I agree Boomer that they will moniter Robinson and of course DeAngelo Hall (Hall highly unlikey). Madison is on a short leash and is not getting any younger. Howard is here now for the nickel and to replace Madison at some point in the future. Once that occurs, we are back at sqaure one with shortages at CB in the nickel and dime, not to mention there is still no legitimate 4th CB currently on the roster, although T. Buck is still likley he is no spring chicken either at 33. While selecting a CB high would enrage many fans, it would be a sensible choice. Had Fletcher panned out, a young up and coming CB, would sure look good on the roster today so to do that again would not be illogical and in hindsight for many fans should not be the 'bad choice' that it was then. They just took the wrong CB.

will here my guess???

ot andrews
wr reggie.williams
dt v.wilfork
db D.Hall (to trade to other team)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jorser, I also think that Pat Surtain's lingering knee problem is casuing more than a little concern.

I do know also that we have spent a lot of time and interest in Oklahoma's Derrick Strait.

I do know also that we have spent a lot of time and interest in Oklahoma's Derrick Strait.

Argh, this draft could be another Jamar Fletrcher fiasco all over again :sleep:

What do you mean? Strait is a different player to Jamar.

The are monitoring realistic #20's, but that doesn't mean they have 4 guys on the board. The 2 biggest positions where a fall can happen is OL and WR. If you take Gallery and Andrews off the board, there should be no other lineman taken at 20, unless you reach with your fingers crossed for a future player. No need to spend #20 money on a reach, especially not a real NEED anymore, we have plenty of lineman to plug a rookie in automatically. There is so much talent at Wide Reciever, that it only will take on team to start a fall of recievers. There are 4 recievers that should go ahead of the #20 pick, but if one falls, we pick up probably one of williams. On Lee Evans, the thing with him, he is a smaller player in the draft. The top 4 are 6'2 and bigger, Evans is 5'11. Evans is sickly speed wise, so he is not a real reach at 20, with such a great recieving core and recievers coach, he could turn out to be a player. They also will watch for the 3 D men from Miami, Williams, Vilma, Wilfork. We are sitting in the drivers seat. I just hope we don't go O-line, that would be the biggest gamble, and a wake up call to anyone out there, unless we get Gallery, no lineman in this draft is coming in and going to the Pro Bowl. Don't get your hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom