another brady quinn thread! serious question. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

another brady quinn thread! serious question.

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
honestly how can you watch this video and seriously tell me that you dont want do do everything we can to get BRADY QUINN i mean have some of you not watch games the past 7 years? we dont have a qb period! i am tired of the feeleys, lucas, fiedlers, cullpeppers ect. i am sick of it! we are at a crossroad we can either get trent green and go 8-8 for the next few years until he retires and then pick up another washed up qb and contine the cycle or we can suck it up and do what ever it takes and i mean what ever! to get quinn. i can't promise you that quinn will be the next great qb but i can promise you that trent green or any other old qb that we waste another pick on will give us nothing but 8-8 or 9-7 quinn could be the next great one he can make all the throws he is smart, and loves the game and dont give me that big game crap its a team sport quinn did his part, watch the video he is a future star we will regret it if we dont pull the trigger. sometimes you have to take a chance and this is our chance take it muller take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make saturday the best fins draft ever! trade up get our franchise qb and build from there! this time next week we will not have a qb problem! whatever it takes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJgmeEH1lrE

only way i trade up for him is it he falls to 6 and then trade washington our 1st rounder, and ether our late 2nd or our 3rd

I do agree that we should draft quinn its been far to long since the phins have drafted a qb that they can groom through their system. But i also think that it would be a wise decision to bring in trent green to groom quinn for at least a year, it worked out with carson palmer and i think that would be the best thing for the dolphins to do. Also i don't think we would have to trade the whole draft for him. probably swap 1sts and trade a second or third this year and next year.

I do agree that we should draft quinn its been far to long since the phins have drafted a qb that they can groom through their system. But i also think that it would be a wise decision to bring in trent green to groom quinn for at least a year, it worked out with carson palmer and i think that would be the best thing for the dolphins to do. Also i don't think we would have to trade the whole draft for him. probably swap 1sts and trade a second or third this year and next year.

If you were referring to my post, I simply meant to point out, that doing whatever it takes to get Quinn is not that smart of a decision.

Its a highlight video, the interceptions against good teams arent on there.

You build through the draft, not trade all your picks for one player. A la Ricky Williams.
:yeahthat:

It will take too much to trade with the Lions and Washington (with so few picks) will also be asking too much. Not worth it IMO.

awesome video man thanks!!! Yeah id love to have this guy i think hed be ready to start mid season and is pro ready as they come... the only thinghe lacks is an elite arm but he makes up for it with all the brains in the world and thats why cam f-in loves him...lol

thanks for sharing nolefin!!

You build through the draft, not trade all your picks for one player. A la Ricky Williams.

If that statement were to be true, then Washington should have won several Super Bowls since then. They received all those picks from New Orleans for the position in wich Ricky was picked. So there is no garuntee either way.

You make the best decision you can based on ALL the information available. Some make better decisions than others. Therefore there are busts and gems in every draft.

We should do everything we reasonably can to get Quinn no doubt about it. Should we pull a New Orleans and trade our whole draft? No. Could we dump 2 or so picks to move up with Washington or higher? Yes.

I think several teams will be looking to move down, and we could perhaps move up for a decent price. Sometimes it takes a little extra to get those franchsie guys, just so long as you dont give up the farm im down with some movement.

:yeahthat:

It will take too much to trade with the Lions and Washington (with so few picks) will also be asking too much. Not worth it IMO.

we have 10 picks how is that few? don't we have the most of any team in the NFL? and according to the draft charts all it will take to trade with washington would be a 3rd rounder or our late second. If that all we have to give to get the possible franchise QB this team has been waiting for, i say do it.

we have 10 picks how is that few? don't we have the most of any team in the NFL? and according to the draft charts all it will take to trade with washington would be a 3rd rounder or our late second. If that all we have to give to get the possible franchise QB this team has been waiting for, i say do it.
Reread my post, Washington is the team with "few picks". :wink:

And they may be looking for more than what the draft chart "allows" to make up for that. Seriously, the draft chart is not the official rule to trading. I'm sure some GM's use it and some don't, Randy being one of the guys that doesn't (according to the article posted on the main board). That might explain why it is hard to make trades during the draft.

I agree with you totally bro! Some of the people on this site need to wake up! Quarterback is what we need the most and I am also tired of giving up picks for old, washed up quarterbacks. Trent Green is not the answer and either is Culpepper. Its funny that people don't want to give up picks for Quinn but they will give up picks for washed up older signal callers. Quinn is worth moving up for. We have enough picks that we could move up for Quinn and get some linemen. I hope we do whatever it takes to get him. If not I promise all the Quinn doubters that Taylor and Zach will never get that ring with the fins - peroid!

Reread my post, Washington is the team with "few picks". :wink:

And they may be looking for more than what the draft chart "allows" to make up for that. Seriously, the draft chart is not the official rule to trading. I'm sure some GM's use it and some don't, Randy being one of the guys that doesn't (according to the article posted on the main board). That might explain why it is hard to make trades during the draft.

ahh i misinterpeted what you meant, thought you were refering to us having few picks.

Back
Top Bottom