another brady quinn thread! serious question. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

another brady quinn thread! serious question.

I agree with you totally bro! Some of the people on this site need to wake up! Quarterback is what we need the most and I am also tired of giving up picks for old, washed up quarterbacks. Trent Green is not the answer and either is Culpepper. Its funny that people don't want to give up picks for Quinn but they will give up picks for washed up older signal callers. Quinn is worth moving up for. We have enough picks that we could move up for Quinn and get some linemen. I hope we do whatever it takes to get him. If not I promise all the Quinn doubters that Taylor and Zach will never get that ring with the fins - peroid!

Oh yeah Quinn is just gonna march right in and win us a super bowl, oh and start none the less from day 1. Highly, highly doubtful my friend. Not worth blowing a majority of our picks on a skilled COLLEGE qb who we dont know if he will cut it in the NFL. Quinn fans may think so but you/we have no idea. All these players are a risk but again not worth blowing most of our picks. Lets just say we do blow our picks on him, and he flops (a la danny weurfel, eli manning, etc.) then what? thats right, we're screwed once again and would be laughed at more b/c we blew all our picks on the flop when we could have used more picks to pick up MORE, maybe more talented, players.

I agree with you totally bro! Some of the people on this site need to wake up! Quarterback is what we need the most and I am also tired of giving up picks for old, washed up quarterbacks. Trent Green is not the answer and either is Culpepper. Its funny that people don't want to give up picks for Quinn but they will give up picks for washed up older signal callers. Quinn is worth moving up for. We have enough picks that we could move up for Quinn and get some linemen. I hope we do whatever it takes to get him. If not I promise all the Quinn doubters that Taylor and Zach will never get that ring with the fins - peroid!
I agree some people need to wake up!!! Quinn is no better then Edwards, Beck, Stanton or Kolb. I will even take Troy Smith and save are picks that are that high in the draft, with Miami haveing so many needs! That is like tradeing Wes Welker and are 9th pick for Quinn, he is not worth that when he has not even won any big games in colleges like Russell did, or Smith. I think Beck and Kolb throw more acc. then him too. I am not sold on Quinn and I do not think Cam is. That is way we had all the QB's in Miami lately, he knows that they all are very good QB's. To many good QB's in this years draft to waste more then one draft pick on Quinn, if he drops then fine take him, but do not trade up!

I agree to an extent i want BQ badly on this team but dont think we trade unless its to get to the 6th spot

Draft Quinn.
Its not a question its a f***n statement do itt. Draft Quinn, an olineman and a wr and then we can really start moving in the right direction.

I agree some people need to wake up!!! Quinn is no better then Edwards, Beck, Stanton or Kolb. I will even take Troy Smith and save are picks that are that high in the draft, with Miami haveing so many needs! That is like tradeing Wes Welker and are 9th pick for Quinn, he is not worth that when he has not even won any big games in colleges like Russell did, or Smith. I think Beck and Kolb throw more acc. then him too. I am not sold on Quinn and I do not think Cam is. That is way we had all the QB's in Miami lately, he knows that they all are very good QB's. To many good QB's in this years draft to waste more then one draft pick on Quinn, if he drops then fine take him, but do not trade up!

buddy, peyton manning never beat florida. he didnt win big games.
look at roethlisberger, tom brady they never did big things.

they have the TOOLS, SKILLS, AND ATHLETICSM to succeed as an nfl qb. you dont judge them based on only their big games. you see if they can make the passes, lead a team down the field etc.

troy smith instead of quinn...are u f***** kidding me how???? worried about winning the big game??? beck hasnt had a big game!!

Be honest, you've never seen any of them play. There is a reason why NFL scouts, people who get paid to do this for a living, rate Quinn a first rounder and the guys you mentioned 2-3rd rounders. It isnt because they all have the same talent level.

Brady Quinn will play for the Browns and be a total bust. Be thankful he isn't destined for the Aqua ranks.

Even if he becomes a good qb it's not goiong to happen in time to get those guys their ring. They have probably 2 years left each.

Be honest, you've never seen any of them play. There is a reason why NFL scouts, people who get paid to do this for a living, rate Quinn a first rounder and the guys you mentioned 2-3rd rounders. It isnt because they all have the same talent level.

The only reason Quinn is rated above those guys is because he played under Weis in a pro system . He may be more NFL ready than those other guys, but it doesn't mean he'll be a better pro. I wouldn't say he's more athlethic than those second round guys. I would say Beck and Stanton are more athletic than he is.

Here's the dilemma for Cam Mul on this....

1) we don't have a QB for this year. CPep's injury questions make relying on him dangerous. He's probably 50-50 to return to his previous form. Even if he does, will there be enough time for him to prove his worth to Cam ?

Green fits the bill for a year or two at most. The Green deal is basically a foregone conclusion. He knows the system and will assimilate easily for Cam. Lemon isn't the guy either, otherwise why the interest in Green.

2) A rookie is going to be drafted on day one, that's already been confirmed by Meuller himself. So, which rook ??

3) Quinn...to trade up or not to trade up. Well, we'll spend at least one pick for Green probably two. Do you spend two more picks for Quinn ?? So if we give up say a 4th rounder for Green. Then we'd have to, at best, if Quinn falls to #6, give up our #60 pick, which is 50 pts more than the value chart indicates (50 points is worth a low 4th round pick).

But the real question is whether that is good enough for Washington, when other teams can offer more than one pick for him.

So, if we do make the deal with Wash, we'd have given up a 2nd which in reality includes that hypothetical 4th in extra value from the chart, a 4th and perhaps a 7th for Green. Is that all really worth what we end up with ?? A rookie who may or may not be the next franchise guy and a washed up bandaid. Add to that that we'd end up either cutting CPep for nothing or getting a lower round guy in 2008 at best for him. That's a pretty steep price to pay. And last, but not least, it defines Cam-Mul forever here in Miami. That move will be their legacy here. They would be hanging their reps on all these moves. Now, it's not their fault that we are in the mess, but no one will remember that if Quinn turns out to be a bust and/or Green is knocked out and spills his eggs all over the field in week 3...

So, I think the best thing to do is to make the deal for Green. (even tho I hate the move, he's the insurance we have to have for next season, no matter what). Then wait and see if Quinn makes it to #9. If he does, you don't waste any time getting the card up to Roger when the clock starts for us. If not, you take one of the next level guys at #40 (Kolb, Beck, Stanton, Edwards) and move on from there. The biggest risk there is whether Green can stay healthy long enough for the rookie to develop, be it Quinn or one of the other guys...

Brady Quinn will play for the Browns and be a total bust. Be thankful he isn't destined for the Aqua ranks.
HELL YAH, YOUR RIGHT BY SAYING THIS! If he comes to Miami at the 9th pick then take him! But your nut to trade up for him! Yes there are scouts saying he is a 1st round talent, BUT there are scouts saying he is going to be a BUST. You just don't know, so way take and trade a pick for him, is it because you have a Brady Quinn poster in you bedroom that you give a kiss to every nite? I am just saying there are a lot of good QB's in this years draft, like no other year! Maybe in the 1980's, but not for a long time did I see so much talent at the QB positoin. You can not tell me there are only two good QB's that come out of the draft every year, I just do not think that is true for you Brady Quinn lovers, I like the kid, but I would hate to see Miami trade up for him when we can use that other pick. And if he is at the number 6th pick in the draft he will fall into are lap anyway with the Minn. at the 7th pick, happy with the QB they got last year in the draft! So there will be no need to trade up or take your poster down for you Brady Quinn lovers!

honestly if we were trading for Quinn...just offer Culpeper and a 1st. Quinn can play right away most likely...if not, wait for Green to be cut and then sign him up for 1-2 years and groom Quinn. but if we get Quinn, Culpeper has to be on the way out.

Back
Top Bottom