Another Brady Quinn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Brady Quinn

This is not even a issue,If Brady is there at #9 we jump on
him.I'm for trading up for him.We are still suffering from
passing on Drew Brees (TWICE).

:sidelol: I've seen the clips many times but never with the tunes.
Look, I think Quinn is a good prospect but many are comparing the guy to Brady. A lot of the so called experts are basing their evaluations strictly on the guy's stats- which are out of this world- and appear to have failed in actually watching game tape. Even his defenders cannot argue with the fact that Quinn has failed against top notch competiton. And at times, he has failed miserably.
I believe that Quinn will follow in the very long line of much balleyhooed QBs that didn't come close to meeting expectations.
Exactly! Always too much hype with ND quarterbacks... from Rick Mirer to Ron Powlus.....although Mirer did great in those days of college ball, played in alot of great games and did very well....
But with Weis as his coach for two years....maybe this time will be different for the balleyhooed ND QB?

Exactly! Always too much hype with ND quarterbacks... from Rick Mirer to Ron Powlus.....although Mirer did great in those days of college ball, played in alot of great games and did very well....
But with Weis as his coach for two years....maybe this time will be different for the balleyhooed ND QB?

The big difference has to be Weis and his pro-system, it is far removed from the past and the QB in the new system is asked to do more than in previous years. The thing for Quinn may well be more to do with his check downs and game management, from the film i have seen he clearly has tools but he struggles under pressure and does not demonstrate good judgement some time. However he can be coached and prepared well and does demonstrate a good awareness of the pro style offense... Its a real mixed bag, could be good could be a bust nut lets face it every drafted player is the same.

Guys as nice as this talk is the following is a list of what needs to happen before we can seriously talk about Quinn being an option.

1. Kubiak getting Plummer for the Texans.
2. Carr being traded to Minnesota or a bigger surprise to Oakland who would take Calvin Johnson first and move on Moss.
3. Leaves 2 top rated QB options Quinn & Russell. we should get one.

We will not trade up to get a QB and we will take BPA at 9 if the above happens then we should get either but you never know.

The music in those videos is ridiculous. I don't think Savage Garden wrote that horrible song with the intent of it being used for football highlights.

:sidelol: I've seen the clips many times but never with the tunes.
Look, I think Quinn is a good prospect but many are comparing the guy to Brady. A lot of the so called experts are basing their evaluations strictly on the guy's stats- which are out of this world- and appear to have failed in actually watching game tape. Even his defenders cannot argue with the fact that Quinn has failed against top notch competiton. And at times, he has failed miserably.
I believe that Quinn will follow in the very long line of much balleyhooed QBs that didn't come close to meeting expectations.

Yeah. Because people who get paid upwards of six figures to analyze players commonly just take a glance at the stat sheet and and then say "Yup, Tom Brady"

Brady Quinn compares to Tom Brady because of who he is on the field, not because of who he is on paper.

This is a kid that, first thing he did when Weis arrived, was to spend an entire summer analyzing EVERY SINGLE THROW of Tom Brady's under Weis in New England. He went up to New England, got all of Brady's game tapes, and spent an entire summer dissecting them and applying them to his own game.

And what they came out with in 2005 & 2006, was a player that looked eerily similar to Tom Brady in mentality and tendency.

As for the video, obviously he had some goof-ups in it but on most of those plays there's almost a sense of what was he supposed to do? The first interception was clearly popped up by Jeff Samardjiza. The second interception he's hit in the arm by Alan Branch as he throws it. The third interception, you could actually see on the one camera angle exactly what Quinn saw and what he tried to do and that was to throw it inside and low, where there weren't any defenders to come in from a cross-angle, and have Samardjiza react to the ball. Well, Samardjiza did not react to the ball. Leon Hall did. Impressive pick for Leon Hall. Highly unimpressive game for Jeff Samardjiza.

How many excuses are we going to use for brady quinn.

bad oline.. average run game. bad defense blah blah blah

I like quinn. I think he has all the tools necessary to possilby be a good QB in the nfl. However, I am not totally sold on taking him with our ninth pick.

Fact of the matter is, he DOES beat basement teams, while struggling against higher tiered teams. And please, it wasn't just one bad game in a career. That is a sorry exaggeration.

We have glaring holes and we could get a qb in the 2-3 rounds. I still think next years qb's in the draft will be better than this years. Except for whoever gets russell.

I'm still not sure we shouldn't just trade down and get more picks. than we could almost certainly get a qb and fill more holes.

FTR... if we do take quinn I will support him. But if we take him with our first, we better have cut harrington before his bonus is due.

great post, i agree!!

Back
Top Bottom