Another Jake Long convert and here's why | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Jake Long convert and here's why

What happens when G.Cherilus isn`t available at the 32nd pick. We`ll burn our selves with picking players and hoping another is there, way to many plan B`s = a mediocre team. Going with the best OT than the BPA at the 2nd and 2b ups the overall talent level on our team. BP and JI have said in the past it`s about aquiring talent and more talent. C.Long is definitely a talent but it forces are hand to except whatever OT is available even when a more talented player is available in another position at the same pick.

Solid Logic. I know we need defense too. If we have a great running game that eat up the clock it will keep our defense fresh.

It our O line plays really well this team as with any team could really surprise some people.

Imagine this:

Phase 1 Pound the running game/ defense stacks the line

Phase 2 Aerial Assult Ginn and Ronnie/Booker out of the back field.

This offense could mature very quickly

IT ALL STARTS WITH RUN BLOCKING AND PASS PROTECTION!

you may be right and I am just in denial about how crappy a draft this is at the top

a RT as first pick in the draft?

clear.gif
No, he's not a RT! He gave up 2 sack in 4 years against some of the best speed/power rushers in the nation, some who will be those great NFL speed/power rushers we refer to. What else does he have to do to prove himself...geez. I've said this like a million times in other posts in more detail, but It's getting real tiring.

Solid Logic. I know we need defense too. If we have a great running game that eat up the clock it will keep our defense fresh.

It our O line plays really well this team as with any team could really surprise some people.

Imagine this:

Phase 1 Pound the running game/ defense stacks the line

Phase 2 Aerial Assult Ginn and Ronnie/Booker out of the back field.

This offense could mature very quickly

IT ALL STARTS WITH RUN BLOCKING AND PASS PROTECTION!

That`s why I think it`s real important to get solid TE as a 6th lineman(B.Cottam). Our run game will be awesome and force one on one coverage with the WR`s because the safties will be cheating up. Play action pass slowing down the rush will give Beck a greater chance to prove his worth.

I`D love to have C.Long but I really think he`s a luxury pick at his position and there`s no franchise QB worthy of number 1.

J.Long is the easiest decision and will be the best pick of the top 5 prospects. I`m sure some of the other Oline prospects will turnout to be good but they will be long gone by the 32nd pick and I don`t want good, I want the best and nastiest OT of the draft. J.Long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.Long is the easiest decision and will be the best pick of the top 5 prospects. I`m sure some of the other Oline prospects will turnout to be good but they will be long gone by the 32nd pick and I don`t want good, I want the best and nastiest OT of the draft. J.Long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. J Long is my #1 pick and C Long is 2nd. Two best players in the draft but if I had to pick one it's the O-line.

Just to be clear, Jake Long is a LT and Cherilius is a RT only. I really like Cherilius, he's a run blocking beast, but he's still significantly less of a run blocker than Jake Long and Cherilius is nowhere near as good at pass pro as Long. Cherilius would be a good pick in round 2, particularly 2b, but Vernon Carey is better at RT than LT, and drafting Jake Long upgrades both tackles considerably (Jake is a far better LT than Carey and Carey is much better at RT than he is at LT, giving us 2 strong tackles instead of 2 mediocre ones).

I've said it since Parcells was hired, Jake Long makes the most sense if we are forced to stay at #1 overall.

What happens when G.Cherilus isn`t available at the 32nd pick. We`ll burn our selves with picking players and hoping another is there, way to many plan B`s = a mediocre team. Going with the best OT than the BPA at the 2nd and 2b ups the overall talent level on our team. BP and JI have said in the past it`s about aquiring talent and more talent. C.Long is definitely a talent but it forces are hand to except whatever OT is available even when a more talented player is available in another position at the same pick.

Not to mention there's always 1st round talent (sometimes very high 1st round talent) that falls to the second round because of team needs or wants.

Not taking BPA with the 32nd pick, in our situation, just doesn't make sense (with few exceptions).

Not to mention there's always 1st round talent (sometimes very high 1st round talent) that falls to the second round because of team needs or wants.

Not taking BPA with the 32nd pick, in our situation, just doesn't make sense (with few exceptions).

Lets hope Kenny Phillips falls to us @ 32! Whoooo... Thats if we take Jake Long #1. If not expect a OT with #32. but then we could work on a CB or DE with our other 2nd rounder.

you may be right and I am just in denial about how crappy a draft this is at the top

a RT as first pick in the draft?

clear.gif

I see you have trouble with reading comprehension. Let me help:

Jake Long is a LEFT tackle!!!! He was a LEFT tackle in college, and he will be a LEFT tackle in the NFL.

I tried to highlight the important words for you. If you need any more assistance, let me know! :hi5:

Ridiculous.

Jake Long won the Big Ten best linemen award over Joe Thomas when Thomas was in his senior year. And Long did it as a left tackle.

I have been reading your posts regarding Jake Long and
agree with you 100%.Why do these people who are so thick headed constantly say Long is a right tackle.

His history is an incredible left tackle as he is the most finished best left tackle in the draft.He has proved it with the competition he has played against.

What I think we have here is the "parakeet syndrome"
someone hears that Long would be better suited at right tackle by someone with no more football knowledge than you or I and they just keep repeating then it snowballs
to the point where moreand more people are saying it without doing the research to find the truth.

Greyboy,
I just wanted to say that I enjoy your posts and find them informative

Lets hope Kenny Phillips falls to us @ 32! Whoooo... Thats if we take Jake Long #1. If not expect a OT with #32. but then we could work on a CB or DE with our other 2nd rounder.

That would be a great draft for us. Impact players on both offense and defense with the first two picks. It would go a long way toward settling our secondary issues.

Your draft would be sweet !!!

a 3-4 OLB as the first pick in the draft?
A punt returner as the 9th pick in the draft?

I see the common sense of drafting Chris Long the best overall player in the draft and then with the 32nd pic drafting a right tackle and leaving Carey at Left Tackle.

This way you get 2 solid players who can start from day 1. Chris Long as Linebacker/defensive end and Who ever at Right Tackle. Adding equal balance to both sides of the ball.

Why would we draft a right tackle No.1 overall when the consenses number 1 pick is Golden Haired Chris Long.

Chris Long is going to be the number 1 overall choice.

A punt returner as the 9th pick in the draft?

I see the common sense of drafting Chris Long the best overall player in the draft and then with the 32nd pic drafting a right tackle and leaving Carey at Left Tackle.

This way you get 2 solid players who can start from day 1. Chris Long as Linebacker/defensive end and Who ever at Right Tackle. Adding equal balance to both sides of the ball.

Why would we draft a right tackle No.1 overall when the consenses number 1 pick is Golden Haired Chris Long.

Chris Long is going to be the number 1 overall choice.

Or you take Jake Long first, and then the best defender available at 32, which could be a great talent that slips through the first round like Cason, Groves, Conner, Mayo, or Phillips. Same deal there, 2 solid players who can start from day 1 on both sides of the ball.

And Chris Long is not the consensus #1 pick, if there was such a thing this draft, we'd have no trouble trading out.

Back
Top Bottom