Another Jay bashing.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Jay bashing....

Right...Fiedler is a good backup with limited skills.

Originally posted by Crisdeman

LOL insult, that was barely. You really need to grow some thicker skin if your planning on posting more inflamitory posts based on horribly skewed stats.

I dont believe you have grown past the basics. People dont seem to understand that Fiedler isnt going to win many games on his own, he needs help, hes just not that good.

What perplexes me is that there are much larger and more obvious problems with the defense (no pressure on QB, no turnovers, cant stop drives, etc) yet SOME people use this opportunity to bash Fiedler.

What I want to know is why is there all this talk about fiedler and barely anything about the players that didnt show up at all. Wheres the "Jason Taylor played like @ss" thread, or the "sammy knight blew a huge tackle and gave up a 78 yard pass play" thread.

Actually the stat pointed out exactly what I wanted it to point out. The stat was referencing the Dolphins and Dolphin games.
An average of 28 points would have acquired more than 9 victories last year and 1 last week.Your response was that I was a moron.

You then told me a stat about Tampa and Superbowl winners. Moron?

If you have read page one of this thread or any other post in the thread by me, you might come to the realization that I don't believe Fiedler has to win the game for the Dolphins.

What I believe is that this defense (without the 2 new additions) has not shown the capability to shut down an above average team. So as you so aptly pointed out, 2/3 of the Dolphins money (with Super Bowl as the goal) has been a bad investment. We just added two more free agents to the mix and they still couldn't get the job done Sunday.

Realization=Can't win it with a shut down defense (Tampa).

What I believe is that this offense has shown that it is incapable of a dramatic 4th quarter win or anything resembling "explosivess" with the exception of Ricky Williams breaking one every now and again.

So to cut this short......

Since the money and long term investment is in the Defense and the dolphins are unable to purge that fact. One would think that a change has to be made elsewhere.

Ricky Williams? No, I don't think it's there.

Receivers? Yea, sure I'd take another and I've "picked bones" there.

Offensive line...Sure I've "picked bones" there.

AH.....Quarterback....Yes...The guy who holds the ball on every offensive play...The guy who (if capable) of throwing a "strike"
30 yards downfield to a blanketed receiver keeps defensive coordinators sweating bullets for a week.

The guy who accounts for 3.5 million dollars this year. The guy who could be replaced by another with 1 or 2 million more in salary to acquire the so desperately needed "threat".

The "threat" is all we need. It doesn't even have to be used if it's there. The problem is there is no threat. There is only "pot luck".

Defensive coordinators have been more than willing to roll the dice every week against what we have deemed to be our threat. I'm just tired of the D coordinators rolling the "sevens".

The Jests will probably see the "snake eyes" come sunday.

But will that really give you confidence that come the 21st in Buffalo you will not see "8 in the box" shown on 3rd and 6 yards to go?

Last edited by a moderator:
"You're partly right but the rest of the truth is that Jay was always a backup caliber QB and always will be. He cannot take this team anywhere on his own. His best games are when everyone else has stepped up but when they're flat, he can't carry the team at all. That's not really being spoiled, it's the truth"

who says Fiedler is supposed to carry the team on his own? it is a team sport after all, and if the Fish had big money invested in a QB, they would be lacking in other areas due to cap restrictions. looking back at the last three Super Bowls, none of the winners had high paid, "elite" QBs. i guess Warner could be the exception as far as being elite goes, but his Super Bowl year was his breakout year and he wasn't making big bucks.

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan

who says Fiedler is supposed to carry the team on his own? it is a team sport after all, and if the Fish had big money invested in a QB, they would be lacking in other areas due to cap restrictions. looking back at the last three Super Bowls, none of the winners had high paid, "elite" QBs. i guess Warner could be the exception as far as being elite goes, but his Super Bowl year was his breakout year and he wasn't making big bucks.

Exactly

The Ravens and Bucs could've won the sb with a qb like Fiedler. Thier D was a scoring D that didn't need the O to put up a lot of points. Your D last Sunday couldn't stop the texans all the more be a scoring D.

Drew was a probowler last year, but when our team relied on Drew to catch up , we usually lost the game because the D couldn't do their job . Despite people thinking we had a high powered O , Drew couldn't deliver the goods by himself as a matter of fact, he was the goat most of the time when under presssure.

Like someone pointed out, Fiedler is not the weak link in this team, but he is not the strong link as well. The last 3 teams that won the sb had qb's who are not HOF qb's.

Brady looked great because of the screen passes. All he did was dump off the balls and let his catchers and blockers do the rest and it made him look good. He tried that against us last Sunday and we were ready for him this time. When he was pressured to make things happen, he looked like a goat. Needless to say, so did Drew last year at the second half of the season looked bad when he is expected to carry the team.

Drew did nothing spectacular against the Pats. Our D did.

Fiedler played better than Farve, Warner and other qb's. You gotta ask yourselves, did your D play better than the other D's in the NFL.

Originally posted by justafan
The Ravens and Bucs could've won the sb with a qb like Fiedler. Thier D was a scoring D that didn't need the O to put up a lot of points. Your D last Sunday couldn't stop the texans all the more be a scoring D.

Drew was a probowler last year, but when our team relied on Drew to catch up , we usually lost the game because the D couldn't do their job . Despite people thinking we had a high powered O , Drew couldn't deliver the goods by himself as a matter of fact, he was the goat most of the time when under presssure.

Like someone pointed out, Fiedler is not the weak link in this team, but he is not the strong link as well. The last 3 teams that won the sb had qb's who are not HOF qb's.

Brady looked great because of the screen passes. All he did was dump off the balls and let his catchers and blockers do the rest and it made him look good. He tried that against us last Sunday and we were ready for him this time. When he was pressured to make things happen, he looked like a goat. Needless to say, so did Drew last year at the second half of the season looked bad when he is expected to carry the team.

Drew did nothing spectacular against the Pats. Our D did.

Fiedler played better than Farve, Warner and other qb's. You gotta ask yourselves, did your D play better than the other D's in the NFL.

A Bills fan with knowlege!!!

if there are parts of the Fins expected to carry the team, it is the D, and Ricky. unfortunately the D is lumped together, but individually they didnt play well last week. Ricky is going to live and die by the way his line plays in large part, and they didnt play well in my opinion.

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
if there are parts of the Fins expected to carry the team, it is the D, and Ricky. unfortunately the D is lumped together, but individually they didnt play well last week. Ricky is going to live and die by the way his line plays in large part, and they didnt play well in my opinion.

Exactly. Jay is only ecpected to be consistenly mistake free. Not a miracle worker. RW, was was the leading rb last year and although injuries played a huge part, your D was to blame for games played away.

Your D was what kept the fins consistent playoff material even during Marino's last years when he was a liability. Without your D , there is nothing RW or any qb can do.

Although the fins could use or benefit from an elite qb , it hasn't been a requirement for winning sb's in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom