Another Jay bashing.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Jay bashing....

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Oh the voice of reason....
People are questioning Jay because he isn't Dan Marino.....
yeah.....

Yes we were spoilt.... by Dan Marino but that era is far over with.

There is a completely new era here. I think everyone realizes that.

Most people's .... I do preface that with MOST people's, comments that question Jay that I've read on this board have brought up valid questons on Fiedlers play. Not comments comparing him to Marino but comparing his abilities and performance to what they feel make a good, avg, or bad QB in the NFL.

So take a second to think about how maybe, just maybe the questions could just simply be based on Fiedler's performances and how those compare to avg. QB's..... NOT how they compare to Dan Marino!

Possibly, but I don't think so. The ppl I'm talking about, obviously want a strong armed QB over anything else. It takes more than a strong arm to be a good QB. Just like it did with Marino. What made him a legend was he had the rocket and a football mind second to none. That combination is a rare as it comes. He was an all-time GREAT and that's why.

The main problem is those ppl think there is a Marino to be had again. My thought is, no there isn't they need to let that go. I do not believe those ppl have.

As far as Jay's performance, I have very lil problems with his performance. He did a lot to help win that game this last Sunday. many times actually.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ZOD
Oliver,

Don't get me wrong here.

I included the receivers in my post. Read it again.

There are receivers who can make QB's careers and there are Qb's who can make receivers careers.

The problem that I am pointing out is that we have neither.

As for the Defense.....I'm over that "Defense wins ball games" slogan. We don't have the defense to win the ball game.

So where does that leave us? It leaves us looking for an offense to score more than 21 points.

There are two aspects to an offense (rushing and passing). You think the problem is Ricky?

It's time to stop apologizing for inadequacies. We have them and seem to not want to talk about them.

And since you asked.....

45118269359-1.jpg

Well if you dont think the D can win games for us then be prepared for a long season because theyre not about to make any changes to the offense during the season.

Fiedler CAN take us to the superbowl. If you dont think so then sucks to be u. I dont understand why people are trying to put this on fiedler when the entire team played like GARBAGE (except for chambers). Guess some people just cant get past the basics and just blame the qb for everything.

Originally posted by Oliver

Possibly, but I don't think so. The ppl I'm talking about, obviously want a strong armed QB over anything else. It takes more than a strong arm to be a good QB. Just like it did with Marino. What made him a legend was he had the rocket and a football mind second to none. That combination is a rare as it comes. He was an all-time GREAT and that's why.

The main problem is those ppl think there is a Marino to be had again. My thought is, no there isn't they need to let that go. I do not believe those ppl have.

As far as Jay's performance, I have very lil problems with his performance. He did a lot to help win that game this last Sunday. many times actually.

Oliver...

I completely agree with everything you said

Originally posted by ZOD
A little interesting stat from yesterday.

I know you have to play the games vs. the competition you are facing but keep in mind we played the Texans.

There have been 14 games played so far this week. The winners scored 16,30,27,23,42,24,27,25,27,49,30,34,9, and 31.

You break it down to an average and you will find that to be a winner in this league you must be able to put 28 points on the board each game.

Now take the totals from the winner of our matchups last year and you find a similar result.

The total points from the winner of our matchups? 432

432 points divided by 16 games? 27 points...

If you want your team to win this year, look for 4 touchdowns.

LMAO thats the most moronic statement I'v read. It makes absolutely no sense. Maybe you should have done a little basic research before posting because if you look at last years numbers tampa, the superbowl champs. put up 17pts per game. And oakland, they put up 20 a game. So how do you explain a team that averaged 17 pts a game getting to a 12-4 record and winning a superbowl. Oh yeah its called defense, where miami spent 2/3rds of its cap $

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Very good point DeDolfan...

Some are quick to respond with "Well Jay had 3 TDs" and that is not credible. Ricky made the TD happen from the short screen pass, and CC made both plays happen with a spectacular one-handed catch that would have easily been out of bounds and also caught the first TD from a defense nowhere to be found and then a defender who fell on his own for CC to walk in the TD. If you/re proud of those TD passes against the Texans don't expect to go very far. Good point De.

Actually fiedler did throw 3 TD's last i checked. I believe the reciever is SUPPOSED to try to score when he get the ball.

People are quick to respond that fiedler threw 3 TD's because other people are trying to throw him under the bus when its was quite obvious that the D didnt show up on sunday.

Originally posted by ZOD

No Oliver....

What I am doing is getting past the fact that the defense and the running game cannot win the ball game for us....

Call it spin....But I'm not the only one doing it....

Ricky got over 100 yards through the air and the ground....The defense gave up 21 points....

Okay....So the game is a high scoring one....Where do you look?

I remember a time when this team looked to the air....

Actually all it is is Spin. Oh, and that time when the team looked to the air didnt really help much did it? How many superbowls did we win with marino's passing prowess. ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM AND PHILOSOPHY.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

[edited - please refrain from that kind of personal sarcasm. Thank you]

You are right with your post Zod.
Fiedler IS NOT the weakest link on our team but he is definitely not a strength either.
Defenses WILL continue stacking the line and doing run blitzes to stop Ricky at all costs. They will dare the Fins to beat them with Jay Fiedlers passing game. While many on here are predicting a pro bowl berth for Fiedler, Defensive coordinators for opposing teams aren't buying it! D coordinators have been game planning towards him since he's been here. That is not a sign of a strong player it is a sign of a weak link.

Again, since I know it's going to be in the next post.
I'm not saying Jay is the weakest link in the team and that everything is his fault. On the contrary the entire team melted down yesterday. I'm just saying Fiedler does not get a no blame pass here. He shoulders the blame as well for the poor offensive performance. Yes the Dolphins scored 21 points but they weren't able to sustain a drive at all especially after the Defense in the 2nd period had 4 or was it 5 ... 3 and outs against the Texans.

Now let the "all of Jay Fiedler's interceptions are the WR's fault"
arguments begin.

Fiedler is most definetely NOT the weakest link on this team, that would be the offensive line IMO.

And the defense did not come to play last Sunday! They deserve most of the blame for letting this game stay close!

And the offense put them in the position where they had to throw on that drive. Two penalties made it impossible to run it. I was so surprised to see Todd Perry being one of them.

But that throw no doubt cost them the game, and should never have been thrown. It was not his only option! And there was a wide open reciever on the other side!

Lets see how the team responds this week, and you can bet the Jets D will be stacking the line, and their offense will be spreading our D out!

Originally posted by Crisdeman

Well if you dont think the D can win games for us then be prepared for a long season because theyre not about to make any changes to the offense during the season.

Fiedler CAN take us to the superbowl. If you dont think so then sucks to be u. I dont understand why people are trying to put this on fiedler when the entire team played like GARBAGE (except for chambers). Guess some people just cant get past the basics and just blame the qb for everything.

Because they have an agenda, and have had that agenda for years. Then when ppl defend Jay they imply or out right say those types of ppl are HOMERS, that they are blind.

These are the same ppl, or darn close to it that have been saying the same anti-Fiedler thing for years. Their tone has dropped in it's venom, but it's still the same. The Dolphins lose a game it's Jay's fault alone. If the Dolphins win it's because of the defense alone.

Same ole same ole, just a dif week.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

Because they have an agenda, and have had that agenda for years. Then when ppl defend Jay they imply or out right say those types of ppl are HOMERS, that they are blind.

These are the same ppl, or darn close to it that have been saying the same anti-Fiedler thing for years. Their tone has dropped in it's venom, but it's still the same. The Dolphins lose a game it's Jay's fault alone. If the Dolphins win it's because of the defense alone.

Same ole same ole, just a dif week.

Oliver...

Yep, if thompson had caught that pass and we pulled out the game i'm sure Fiedler would be one of the last people given credit for it. Its just extremely annoying hearing these people whine and its ONLY WEEK 1. They need to give it a rest already, theyre not going to make any major roster changes and if anyone thinks that brian griese would be better in there theyre on crack.

if anyone thinks that brian griese would be better in there theyre on crack.

I've grown very impatient with Jay but I'll take him over Brian Griese 8 days a week.

Obviously the Coach who draws up the plays has an agenda too.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ep10,0,3822164.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

The Dolphins' final blown chance passing the ball was their most costly.

Fiedler's pass intended for Thompson was intercepted by Coleman along the right sideline and set up Houston's game-winning field goal. It was a controversial call because there were about 4 minutes remaining in the game and the Dolphins were leading 20-18.

Turner said the throw needed to be more outside. He said the Dolphins were confident with the play because the Texans played the coverage they expected, which was man-to-man on that side of the field, and because Fiedler had been successful making the throw in the exhibition season and practice.

"It is a tough throw [because] you have got to put it in the right spot, [and] it is a timing route," Fiedler said. " Sometimes you have to put it in a spot where only your guy can get it. Obviously that didn't happen."

And I have been on the Fiedler bandwagon since he was named the starter. My sentiment was "if he's the best we got, go for it."

But at some point the realization just might occur-that he can't get it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Ozzy

I've grown very impatient with Jay but I'll take him over Brian Griese 8 days a week.

I've grown impatient with the passing attack in general. If it's not Jay over throwing his WR, it's the WR not attacking the ball, or the WR droppping the ball.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ZOD
Obviously the Coach who draws up the plays has an agenda too.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ep10,0,3822164.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

The Dolphins' final blown chance passing the ball was their most costly.

Fiedler's pass intended for Thompson was intercepted by Coleman along the right sideline and set up Houston's game-winning field goal. It was a controversial call because there were about 4 minutes remaining in the game and the Dolphins were leading 20-18.

Turner said the throw needed to be more outside. He said the Dolphins were confident with the play because the Texans played the coverage they expected, which was man-to-man on that side of the field, and because Fiedler had been successful making the throw in the exhibition season and practice.

"It is a tough throw [because] you have got to put it in the right spot, [and] it is a timing route," Fiedler said. " Sometimes you have to put it in a spot where only your guy can get it. Obviously that didn't happen."

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think anyone has said Jay is perfect, nor did I see anyone post saying that INT was not at the very least in some way Jay's fault.

Oliver...

No....You and couple of others have just implied that it's not Fiedler's fault and deflected the blame for that exact play to the wide receiver.

I got no problem with Fiedler. I'm gonna ride his play through the whole year.

No success? I want a change. That's just this fan's opinion.

Actually all it is is Spin. Oh, and that time when the team looked to the air didnt really help much did it? How many superbowls did we win with marino's passing prowess. ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM AND PHILOSOPHY.

No-the crap shoot that is reaching the superbowl was not attained.

But week in and week out-

If it came down to the last minute (as so many games do), I knew that we could win the game with possession of the ball and a minute to go no matter what sh*tty receiver was on the field.

Back
Top Bottom