Another Jay bashing.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Jay bashing....

if fiedler doesn't throw that first interception, royals' 15 yard punt gives the texans the exact same field position. i'm not attacking nor defending jay: it was a team loss.

I think it's pretty much the consensus that our passing attack still sucks no matter where you place the blame.

Et tu Brute?

i agree the passing attack sucks and i'm going to look to where it all starts: the offensive line sucks at pass protection. the designed rollouts were the only plays where jay consistently had time to find a receiver.

Originally posted by DPlus47
i agree the passing attack sucks and i'm going to look to where it all starts: the offensive line sucks at pass protection. the designed rollouts were the only plays where jay consistently had time to find a receiver.

Hey guys look.... :chuckle: Affirmation baby!!!

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Very good point DeDolfan...

Some are quick to respond with "Well Jay had 3 TDs" and that is not credible. Ricky made the TD happen from the short screen pass, and CC made both plays happen with a spectacular one-handed catch that would have easily been out of bounds and also caught the first TD from a defense nowhere to be found and then a defender who fell on his own for CC to walk in the TD. If you/re proud of those TD passes against the Texans don't expect to go very far. Good point De.

thanks for the props, 02, but keep in mind that I said that with a VERY heavy heart! :(

Originally posted by minus
I keep reading Jay got lucky with those throws to chambers but how stupid those comments sound.Isn't Chambers job to get open and Fiedler job to get the ball to him?

Uuumm, did you SEE those throws?? Apparently not and it is rather "stupid" of you to make a remark like that without knowing! :fire:

Originally posted by ZOD
I think it's pretty much the consensus that our passing attack still sucks no matter where you place the blame.

Et tu Brute?

No I don't agree with that, and I doubt many other ppl do. This passing attack was 1 or 2 drops away from being dominate yesterday.

Oliver...

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Come on folks. So, how many TD's do we credit Marino with, two. If the QB has to make the TD inorder for you to count it then Jay probably has more TD's than Marino.

You're missing the point. Everyone is glad that Jay threw 3 TDs, of course. The point is that the Fiedler bandwagoners think that it was a "Marinoesque" performance and it was shown that it wasn't quite all that really. Truth of the matter is (granted, we should never have been in this situation to begin with) that the game was squarely in Jay's hands to protect and save and he literally botched it with throwing a pick on a throw he had NO business of throwing in the first place. Sorry, but it's the sad reality of it.

Originally posted by Oliver

This passing attack was 1 or 2 drops away from being dominate yesterday.

Oliver...

Is this comment for real?? :lol: :lol: Sorry but its super funny. I don't know which game you saw or what your defintion of domination is but that's crazy. So are we suppose to choose from Fiedler's 15 incomplete passes of which 7 were overthrown wide-open passes and 2 interceptions upon selecting your "1 or 2 drops aways from domination"?

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Bottom line, the O scored 20 points, if we have a the former #3, at home, why is that not enough?

That is pretty much what this "debacle" is all about. It's just the thread that is picking Jay apart cuz he's the highest profile and leader. My feeling has always been [with our D] is that if we score 21 points in a game, we should win. 20 should've been enuf yesterday but somebody elses D came to play, not ours!! ;)

if fiedler doesn't throw that first interception, royals' 15 yard punt gives the texans the exact same field position. i'm not attacking nor defending jay: it was a team loss.

:D :D :D :D You're probably "righter" than you think !!

another thompson comment: don't teams get big, physical receivers so they can be physical and fight for the ball? yeah, fiedler made some bad throws, but what's with sitting back while a guy steals the ball in front of you?

Same thing Chambers was/is guilty of. What's weird is that I saw a lot of Thompson going up and getting the ball in Washington highlights last year. At least that's what I remember.

cool thing about chambers yesterday (aside from the circus catch and the other TD): he caught at least one pass going toward the middle and he didn't short-arm it. he looked comfortable. i do hope he fights for the ball more in the future, because with his basketball skills he should be good at it.

Please do not underestimate a strong arm. Most starters in the NFL do. Defenses do not respect Jay. Did anyone notice Carr's arm? Jay cannot run Norv's drop back pocket offense.

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Come on folks. So, how many TD's do we credit Marino with, two. If the QB has to make the TD inorder for you to count it then Jay probably has more TD's than Marino.

OMG.....

I've heard it all now.

The big diff between the two is simply this. Marino would fire a ball between two defender's right between the numbers. Jay well, he lay's it up and makes the receiver go get it....

Look folks, we can win with this team BUTT......

There has got to be some game planning involved. We wont go any where pretending were something were not.

For instance: on Offense.

Stop trying to go long with out play action...
We dont have the O line thats gonna push any one around, so how bout some damm cross blocks, pulls etc..
Keep em guessing, like the early half of last year..
Finally I can't say this LOUD enough, get both the FB's and the TE's involved in the passing game...

D-fence:

Here's the big mistery...
The one thing i dont see them doing is challenging the receivers at the line of scrimage, Wanny himself said that the passes were for the most part made in less then two secounds. He also said that we need between 2.3 - 2.5 secounds to get to the QB.

Hey here's a idea get a clue make some damm half time adjustments by having the corners play tighter and hit the WR's at the line of scrimage...

Mabey Wanny should leave 10 mins before each half and review the film so he can at least attempt to make some adjustments.

Once again my Mighty Phin's have been out coached!!!!

Back
Top Bottom