Another misguided media man. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another misguided media man.

If Mike Celizic would have just said, "I dont think Miami will win it all". I wouldn't be so ticked off, but he states you need a great QB, a great WR corps, and a run game to win it all.

oki cant take it anymore...whats this HOMERISTIC talk what is it to be a homer....?

So how do you explain?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Oh my god. I can't believe the article its some of the most one-sided pessimistic drivel I've ever seen. Its really quite ridiculous how ignorant the guy is being.

Lets put it this way. He goes ahead and says that you can win the super bowl without a great RB, but you can't win the super bowl without a great QB. Then in the same article cites the Baltimore running attack in their super bowl as being done with no-names (only the offensive rookie of the year Jamal Lewis who had like 1200 yards in 12 starts or something like that) and fails to even mention that the guy tossing the rock was TRENT DILFER.

Kerry Collins also played in that game mind you.

Tom Brady won the Super Bowl. Is he an exciting superstar QB? Hardly, he's efficient at best. Ok Kurt Warner's good. Elway was good. Brett Favre was good. Doug Williams? EH HEM. Mark Rypien? EH HEM.

This is not your father's NFL.

Also fails to mention how only 2 teams have ever won the super bowl without having a 1000 yard rusher. Eh hem.

... Turners comments? Do you some how lump him into a person who can't tell what a QB has or hasn't have as far abilities?

I can't wait to see the answer to that one.

Oliver...

You know what..... as much a I would like to disagree with this Knucklehead I kind of like it when people go on the record to criticize our team. You see, I think that our team performs better when we are underrated. I remember the last years of Don Shula's illustrious coaching career, when he had assembled a pretty good squad and all we heard was how our Dolphins were superbowl bound; only to fall on our faces disillusioned and wondering where we went wrong.

I'll tell you where we went wrong. We opened our mouths....the media, the fans (me included), the players, everyone but the Jet fans (no surprise) picked us to go to the "Big Dance". We got caught up so much in the hype that the players and the fans lost complete focus on the most important aspect of reaching a SB. We forgot that to get there we had to go out week after week and go all out until the final whistle blew. We failed miserably to do that!

Don't get me wrong you have to have confidence to win. However it is equally important to be humble and be focused in order to go all the way.

So it is good that we have these Knuckleheads out there who print the types of articles. Look at it as a way to keep things in perspective (keep our big heads from blowing up) and realize that nothing is etched in stone. Thats why we play the games.

For the past two years our Dolphins have been overlooked and very much underrated. Thats why I believe the Dolphins have been so successful in this span. Seems the team needs the negative talk to fuel their fire. We need people like Mike Celizic, Boomer Esiason etc...; people like them give the team the motivation to go out there and make believers out of non-believers. So let's not get ****y and lets keep our mouths closed sit back and watch our Phins "overachieve" <--------(being sarcastic) once again.

some one who evaluates his team with his heart and not his mind.

Originally posted by finman006
whats a homer?

Its someone with clouded judgement. Someone who thinks the only good players in the NFL are on their team.

I see too many contridictions in this article to even call it an article. He said the last two SB champs won it without a big named RB.....is this guy the villiage idiot run amuck or what? I guess Marshall Faulk isn't a big named RB...yeah, I've always considered him second rate at best.

I'll just add this article to the list of the "I had nothing to write about so I made this up" articles.

While he's allowed to have his beliefs and comments, almost none of them make sense or the back doors himself on a comment.

This article is only opinion, a mis-informed one at that. So I'm just going to consider it a really bad attempt at humor.

Originally posted by IceStorm
I see too many contridictions in this article to even call it an article. He said the last two SB champs won it without a big named RB.....is this guy the villiage idiot run amuck or what? I guess Marshall Faulk isn't a big named RB...yeah, I've always considered him second rate at best.

I'll just add this article to the list of the "I had nothing to write about so I made this up" articles.

While he's allowed to have his beliefs and comments, almost none of them make sense or the back doors himself on a comment.

This article is only opinion, a mis-informed one at that. So I'm just going to consider it a really bad attempt at humor.

The last two champs are New England and Baltimore. St. Louis won three years ago.

I am not much of a Fiedler guy but I can see him getting around 25 TDs and 18 INTs or something like that.

Wow! I leave for a few hours and I see everyone else sure hated this article as much as I did!

Great RB's don't win the SB? Please! NO team gets to teh SB w/o a running game. Period. Tell me one who has not had a great run game to win the SB. Phins of yesteryear, Oilers, Air Coryell. How many SB did they win? 0!

Hardnosed TEAMS, with solid D's and sound run games win the SB. Not good individual players.

We'll regret trading for RW, yeah we've hit on all our other 1st rd picks before this to really make us see how much we lost out on. Who would we have drafted? An OL? A LB? A QB? tell me another player we could have gotten that would have made us a better team than RW at that spot.

Re:

"Lets put it this way. He goes ahead and says that you can win the super bowl without a great RB, but you can't win the super bowl without a great QB."

If this were the case, Marino should have won 3 or 4 Superbowls. How much you want a bet this guy is out of New York?

Er, what's ya point Mike...

"Walter Payton gained miles and the Bears went nowhere for most of his magnificent career. Only when Chicago put together the greatest defense of the day and Payton was well into the twilight playing days did he get a ring. " :confused:

So with a great running back and a great D we haven't a chance?

(He writes for the sporting news, he MUST be right - let's go down a bar and drown our sorrows).:drinkers: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom