Another Pats and Fins trade possible?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Pats and Fins trade possible??

If you look at the NFL value chart, this deal makes sense for ALL parties involved.
New England trades us #32 (600 value) and #63 (280 value) for our #20 (900 value). [I would makes them kick us a sixth round choice as well and the deal would be done.]
We can either get a solid WR (Evans, Woods, Clayton or Jenkins), OL (Carey, Smiley), DT (Dockett, Starks), or S SJones with our first. We can then use our second rounder for targeted player S (Schweigart) or get a very solid WR (Colbert, Darling, Berrian), DT (Olshansky, Sopoaga), LB (D Smith, DThomas, Watson), or OL (Snee or Butler).

New England would then have the ammunition to trade pick-starved Washington #20 (900 value) and #21 (875 value) for #5 (1800 value). NE might have to throw in a 5th-6th rounder as well. I think everyone benefits here. We could really use the extra pick in the second. The trade would also tell me we simply aren't sold on Andrews anyhow. NE is basically trading 2 firsts and a second for STaylor. With their luck drafting they would probably get three rookie pro bowlers. I say make the move. It helps us and takes alot of their picks away as well.

BTW here is the value board I went by:
http://www.nfldraftview.com/tvchart.html

I wonder when the Pats are gonna get rid of Law so we can snag him :couch:

The Fins have already helped the Patriots enough. No more dealing inside the division, especially with a team whos FO is obviously much smarter then ours. I honestly dont know how any team would trade with the defending champs to help them get an amazing player like Taylor or Hall.

According to the handy-dandy draft value chart found at http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687
the value of our #20 pick is 850 points. The combined value of #'s 32 and 63 is 866 points. According to that measure, it is a good deal for us. That said, however, it only happens, imo, if we have decided not to draft Andrews and are willing to hope for one of the pure guards at 32.

By the way, for arguments sake, the value of 20 and 21 is 1650 combined, which is half way between the 5th and 6th pick. Just for your thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom