Another Pats and Fins trade possible?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Pats and Fins trade possible??

Dealing with the Pats or any other East team doesn't bother me..it just so happens that NE has the chips to bargain with now...Next year, it could be Miami or Jests or whoever...

As far as this deal, I think IF it is offered, RS would do it...
a) I still get the feeling that they are ok with Jerman/Whitley battling out the RG spot...
b) I think they see McI as the RT when he is healthy and St. Clair as a backup across the line so losing Andrews is not the end-of-the-world situation that some think it is...
c) There is still time to pick up a retread that can man the position for this year (Page, for example).
d) That leaves us in a position to still possibly go OL (Smiley, Snee, Locklear) at #32 or they can go WR. My thought would be to go WR or DT (Starks or Dockett) in the first and OL in the third and whichever way we don't go in the 1st, go with pick #63. This fills 3 holes on our team on the first day of the draft where you expect to get quality, contributing players...

trading our 1st for pats 1st and 2nd is slightly better than the early 2nd and 3rd we were hoping for if a trade happens. if andrews will be gone by 20 i would do it, although i really hate the idea of taylor playing for pats, i think he will cause us much grief for many years.

I don't think anybody should trade with NE...LOL anyway,I'd love to have another first day pick, specially a 2nd rounder tho 63 is almost like a 3rd but I don't want the pats to have any chance at Taylor at all and I'd hate to lose out on somebody that might be there so I wouldn't make a trade till we're on the clock.BTW,I hope Andrews is on the board just to see if the FO really wants him.

Ozzy rules!!

Let's Help The Pats get the best Player in the Draft, as we move down and get what impact player to counter. You don't give the Pats that. It's bad enough we got them Corey Dillion, Sean Taylor is going to be their defense, we don't want to give them a franchise player. Whoever this unidentified source was either crazy, or it just shows how much respect Bill has for the Dolphins FO. He doesn't have to be good to pull off a steal with the Dolphins. What is it with this AFC East.

C'mon dude...If we traded Ogun to the Pats, that would be sleeping with the enemy, but trading picks...they have the ammo this year...We can't fault them for that...They are in a really good position to move up. They don't NEED us to move up if they wanted to...they could package their 1st's together and someone up there (Oakland, Chargers, etc) would take it...if they have to deal, deal with us so at least we do get something out of it...rather than a drubbing by Taylor in the yeas to come if they that is who they are targeting.

Dont do it Rick!!!!! theyre ripping us off....................................again! :mad:

I definitely do not think we should make this deal before draft day. I would consider this deal if Shawn Andrews is taken, but it will be too late by that time since the Patriots want to do this deal to package #20 and #21 to move up and get Sean Taylor.

If you're worried that we would be helping the Patriots if we did the deal, look at it this way:

The #20 and 21 picks are not going to land the Pats at #5. They will have to give up more than that...possibly one of their #1 picks next year, too (they have two #1's next year).

So, if they get to the #5 spot to get Taylor they will have only 1 pick in each of the first two rounds this year and next (a total of 4 picks). If we don't do the deal, they have two first rounders this year and next and two second rounders this year, and one next year for a total of 7 picks.

So, four picks including Taylor in the first two rounds
or
7 picks including 4 first rounders in the first two rounds

The Pats get quality in Taylor, but lose quantity...and this year's draft is deep. I say let them give up all those picks!

Of course, all those picks could put them in pretty bad CAP shape a few years down the road.

The speculation about trades is all good and fine,but this team needs impact players. To trade away spots and get average players would not serve us well. I am of the mind that we should stay where we are unless someone gives up two 2nd rd picks. Then we could take a solid o-lineman and possibly a wr or DT.Dolfanreal69

I don't think Spielman would pull off a move like that, maybe Wannstedt, but not Spielman. Haven't we helped the Pats enoughalready?

this deal makes no sense to me unless they feel we need to get cheaper depth via the draft and do not any starters (at RG). NE w/need to make the trade ASAP while we w/want to wait until we are on the clock. It w/b a reasonable if we were on the clock on Rick's top 1/2 picks are gone, i.e. Andrews; but makes no sense before the draft from the Phins perspective IMO

We have impact players....(CC, Dbo, RM, JT, ZT, PS) now....we won't be getting an impact player at #20. Andrews is the closest thing and there are quite a few questions about him. He just happens to be where it is perceived our need is....I'd love to have Andrews (the player we think he can be) manning the RT spot for the next 10 years, but I'd much rather have an adequate RG replacement (Smiley, Snee, Locklear, Whitley, Jerman) and a potential impact 3rd WR in the second round at pick #63 or whatever it is...It is simple mathmatics...We have several holes to fill (3rd WR, backup LB, DT, OL, S) so lets look at more picks on day one of the draft, not one person who has questions...

Back
Top Bottom