Another QB Evaluation Statistic | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another QB Evaluation Statistic

That's exactly what your worthless stats make me feel but I had been polite until you decided to use the asinine smiley.

Only way to know if RT is any good is on a wait and see approach, which I see as us falling flat on our faces in 2014. But, I have been wrong before, certaintley hoping thats the case this year.

56% of the variance in win percentage accounted for by the combination of WPA per game and EPA per play:

Peyton Manning .89
Aaron Rodgers .88
Philip Rivers .74
Nick Foles .71
Drew Brees .70
Tom Brady .65
Andrew Luck .60
Colin Kaepernick .59
Cam Newton .59
Tony Romo .58
Russell Wilson .56
Ben Roethlisberger .54
Andy Dalton .54
Matthew Stafford .53
Ryan Fitzpatrick .52
Matt Cassel .50
Matt Ryan .49
Jay Cutler .48
Carson Palmer .46
Alex Smith .46
Ryan Tannehill .45
Joe Flacco .43
Sam Bradford .39
Robert Griffin III .39
Chad Henne .34
Mike Glennon .33
Geno Smith .32
EJ Manuel .31
Jason Campbell .29
Matt Schaub .27
Eli Manning .26
Case Keenum .26
Brandon Weeden .26

sigh.....waited 3 days to read this thread......I should have waited longer.

No offense, but stats, while interesting do not account for the many variables that occur on the field and influence individual performance. Stick to team stats and they will be more relevant in my opinion.

For those of you who waste your time arguing with him or trying to refute his numbers........I hope you realize that is what he thrives on. My advice is to stop feeding it.

sigh.....waited 3 days to read this thread......I should have waited longer.

No offense, but stats, while interesting do not account for the many variables that occur on the field and influence individual performance. Stick to team stats and they will be more relevant in my opinion.

For those of you who waste your time arguing with him or trying to refute his numbers........I hope you realize that is what he thrives on. My advice is to stop feeding it.
Actually I thrive on intelligent discussion of objective data, of which you've contributed none.

I would've preferred you waited past the point of your own death to read the thread. ;)

Actually I thrive on intelligent discussion of objective data, of which you've contributed none.

I would've preferred you waited past the point of your own death to read the thread. ;)

LOL......I got your little love note in my inbox. I'm getting a mental image of the earlier description of you being about twelve years old and sneaking on the computer in your mother's basement as being accurate.......

Gravity, this is awesome man. I do a lot of quant work in my profession (finance) so I have a real appreciation for what your doing. Love seeing your analysis.

LOL......I got your little love note in my inbox. I'm getting a mental image of the earlier description of you being about twelve years old and sneaking on the computer in your mother's basement as being accurate.......
Continue on with your paranoid attempts at mind-reading. :)

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Gravity, this is awesome man. I do a lot of quant work in my profession (finance) so I have a real appreciation for what your doing. Love seeing your analysis.
Appreciate it. :up:

Have you found any correlation between QB WPA and the DVOA of his WR's. Maybe it would correlate with just his top WR, or maybe look at his WR1 and WR2 as 2 seperate variables? Everyone always says we need to get our QB better weapons, I'm just wondering if theres a way to substantiate that statistically, so we could plug it in your model and be able to say if we had calvin johnson on this team, we could expect Tannehill's WPA to increase to X. I'm not overly familiar with all the stats at football outsiders, would autocorrelation be an issue ?

Have you found any correlation between QB WPA and the DVOA of his WR's. Maybe it would correlate with just his top WR, or maybe look at his WR1 and WR2 as 2 seperate variables? Everyone always says we need to get our QB better weapons, I'm just wondering if theres a way to substantiate that statistically, so we could plug it in your model and be able to say if we had calvin johnson on this team, we could expect Tannehill's WPA to increase to X. I'm not overly familiar with all the stats at football outsiders, would autocorrelation be an issue ?
See what you think of this article:

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013/11/separating-receiver-from-quarterback.html

generally speaking, I get off to more content from advancednflstats.com, than I do from say brazzers.com...

I LOVE STATS.

Back
Top Bottom