another reason we will never have an openly gay athlete while hes an active player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

another reason we will never have an openly gay athlete while hes an active player

I think it's a real shame that things like this are still a factor in every day life. So many short sighted people.

Right on Dungy. Stand behind what you believe. Whether or not one agrees with Mr. Dungy he stated his opinion in a respectful fashion, which is what us Americans have the right to do. I'm sure people will want to bash him over saying it.

Also, who cares whether or not we ever have an openly gay player in the NFL? What's that got to do w/ football? I don't need to know the sexual preferences or practices of NFL players. I don't need to know about their mother, father, siblings, whether or not they had a difficult childhood, whether or not they get arrested or anything about their personal lives. It annoys me to no end that personal lives become sports news. Let's keep it between the lines.

3rdandlong you are correct in the sense that the personal lives of players should be just that, personal. But the reality is that they aren't.

Someone shouldn't have to hide who they are just because other people don't want to know about it.

Being ones self is also a form of protected freedom. It is your right to be different and not be persecuted.

3rdandlong you are correct in the sense that the personal lives of players should be just that, personal. But the reality is that they aren't.

Someone shouldn't have to hide who they are just because other people don't want to know about it.

Being ones self is also a form of protected freedom. It is your right to be different and not be persecuted.

I also believe that people shouldn't be persecuted. So what. Dungy wasn't persecuting anyone. He was simply stating his opinion as it pertains to marital status from a Christian perspective.

Tony Dungy has the most class of any coach in the NFL. He's a good Christian man; I wholeheartedly agree with him and share his beliefs. I wish all coaches had his courage to take this stance.

Right on Dungy. Stand behind what you believe. Whether or not one agrees with Mr. Dungy he stated his opinion in a respectful fashion, which is what us Americans have the right to do. I'm sure people will want to bash him over saying it

I respect his right to state his opinion, even though I disagree with him.. He was classy in the way he said it, he did not say "God hates ***s" nor did he pull a Hardaway.

Dungy is a classy guy and he has my respect as a coach and as a person.

I respect his right to state his opinion, even though I disagree with him.. He was classy in the way he said it, he did not say "God hates ***s" nor did he pull a Hardaway.

Hardaway has forever ruined his own legacy by some gay comments:lol:

Agreed

Whats up with your sig? I don't like Champ in green.

Champ in Aqua and Orange is only a dream.

I'm starting to not like Denver, they're taking everyone I want. They even got a Dre Bly, they're gonna be very good next year.

I think it's a real shame that things like this are still a factor in every day life. So many short sighted people.

I agree, its a shame that someone is cricitzed for having beliefs and values and sticking to them. :rolleyes2

Heres a newsflash most people in the USA and the world as a whole, don't want homosexuals married.

I do know that If I was gay I would rather play for a coach like Dungy who would still treat me with respect and equal, even though he disagrees with my lifestyle.

Those same values that some call shortsighted allow that.
(if only more christians could understand that)

I agree, its a shame that someone is cricitzed for having beliefs and values and sticking to them. :rolleyes2

Heres a newsflash most people in the USA and the world as a whole, don't want homosexuals married.

I do know that If I was gay I would rather play for a coach like Dungy who would still treat me with respect and equal, even though he disagrees with my lifestyle.

Those same values that some call shortsighted allow that.
(if only more christians could understand that)

HAHA you are DREAMING to make such terrible assumptions.

I like how you are trying to justify anti-gay feelings by saying "the whole world does it". Thats the argument of an 8 year old, bravo.

Just as more people embrace evolution, and we learn more about science, and move away from religion, more people will accept gays as more people accept african-americans and female equality etc, it just takes time for people to open their minds.

Furthermore, if you really were gay, I guarantee you would not want to play for a coach who pretty much would look down on you as a person. Hell, he wouldn't even WANT you as a player in the first place.

I absolutely agree with the notion that he is allowed his opinion, however closed minded it is. However, if he was really as classy as you guys want to make him out to be, he'd keep his opinion on a matter like this to a more relatively quiet manner. It's ok for him to have his view, but to go out to media and openly say you do not approve of a persons lifestyle choice is more classless if you ask me.

Although I disagree with him, it's his right to state his view. If he had stated the opposite view, it wouldn't have made the news.

Back
Top Bottom