Another Ricky Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Ricky Thread

The NFL denied ricky's appeal not because he failed the test on purpose, but because he failed it period.

with all the speculation that it was not DRO he tested positive for how can you haters hate on him still?

even if he didnt fail it for weed(probably amphetamines IMO from his weird drink) the nfl doesnt care, they still suspend him. That is why a lot of ppl are still on his side.

if the non-weed thing being true, it is not the case that ricky smoked out of cypress hill's 4 foot bong and shouted "I HATE THE MIAMI DOLPHINS" as he exhaled.

if the non-weed thing is true then the nfl IS hating on him for denying his appeal. :ricky:

HUH?? Ricky is in the NFL Drug Program and ANY drug that he tested positive for calls for a suspension. It doesn't have to be the same drug he was originally tested positive for.

The NFL denied ricky's appeal not because he failed the test on purpose, but because he failed it period.

with all the speculation that it was not DRO he tested positive for how can you haters hate on him still?

even if he didnt fail it for weed(probably amphetamines IMO from his weird drink) the nfl doesnt care, they still suspend him. That is why a lot of ppl are still on his side.

if the non-weed thing being true, it is not the case that ricky smoked out of cypress hill's 4 foot bong and shouted "I HATE THE MIAMI DOLPHINS" as he exhaled.

if the non-weed thing is true then the nfl IS hating on him for denying his appeal. :ricky:

Make some sense out of this and get back to me.

HUH?? Ricky is in the NFL Drug Program and ANY drug that he tested positive for calls for a suspension. It doesn't have to be the same drug he was originally tested positive for.

thank you mr. obvious!

the point i am making is that ricky did not light up a blunt in front of the nfl commish and then put the roach out on his eyeball, ricky reportedly failed a non weed test, meaning he didnt fail the test on purpose which means that he did not want to be suspended for the year.

i dont know why they have appeals if a valid case like ricky's stats in 06 is denied, i dont know of a more clear case to have a suspension overturned.

ricky sat out a year for something he took for yoga, once again reportedly, so stop hating on him like he snorted heroin off of the presidents daughters.

thank you mr. obvious!

the point i am making is that ricky did not light up a blunt in front of the nfl commish and then put the roach out on his eyeball, ricky reportedly failed a non weed test, meaning he didnt fail the test on purpose which means that he did not want to be suspended for the year.

i dont know why they have appeals if a valid case like ricky's stats in 06 is denied, i dont know of a more clear case to have a suspension overturned.

ricky sat out a year for something he took for yoga, once again reportedly, so stop hating on him like he snorted heroin off of the presidents daughters.

You're the one missing the point, the year Ricky took off in (2004) was self-imposed. He retired. Meaning he sent the league his retirement papers. For him to come out of retirement, he had to apply for reinstatement. Which the league approved but Ricky still had to serve out his 4 game suspension for a previous FAILED drug test. This past season that Ricky missed was league imposed because he failed ANOTHER drug test. Whether Ricky intended to take something illegal or not, to the league it's irrelevant. The league has a list of banned drugs/ingredients that is distributed to all teams and it is up to the players to know what they are taking. Sammy Morris and Shawne Merriman tried the "I didn't mean to" excuse this past year.

I'm not hating nor have I ever hated on Ricky. It is what it is.

Come back Rick!!

The 2 back system is the best way to go these days, we need a healthy Ricky to make a run next year.

thank you mr. obvious!

What the heck are you talking about? Because is was not WEED it means he did nothing on purpose? WOW !!!

First you say he "REPORTEDLY" failed a non weed test. I never knew they had a non weed test? Is that test for those who admit they smoke?

Then you follow that up with "IF A VALID CASE LIKE RICKY'S is denied. A case that has never been SO CLEAR"?

Then you follow it up with this doozy. "It was something he took for YOGA!!"

Lets recap.

First it's reportedly, second is it was a non weed test, then its totally CLEAR, then it finally reveals itself to be for YOGA!

WOW! Just WOW!!

There was a report that a league official did in fact confirm that Ricky's failed test in '06 was not for weed. There was no confirmation as to what it actually was though. Could have been anything from ephedrine to heroin. However, without knowing what the substance was, Im not sure one could say "a valid case like Ricky's".

Make some sense out of this and get back to me.

He said, "Emo emo puff puff give smokey!".

Actually, he said that Ricky is likely to be reinstated due to the nature of his last suspension and the fact that he's tested clean on every test since. Unless the NFL is harboring a grudge, and deny the application due to his past failures, in which case the NFL is just hatin, as Ricky didn't flagrantly violate the drug policy.

two words...Matt Millen!!:D

Now that actually may be an interesting option. With Kevin Jones (reportedly) out for as much as half the season the Lions may see Ricky as a plausible replacement until he returns and gets up to game speed.

We could perhaps swap our third with theirs and throw in Ricky although I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a second round pick.

IMO a healthy Culpepper and a revitalised Ricky Williams are our key to a superbowl run next season and I do mean next season.

What the heck are you talking about? Because is was not WEED it means he did nothing on purpose? WOW !!!

First you say he "REPORTEDLY" failed a non weed test. I never knew they had a non weed test? Is that test for those who admit they smoke?

Then you follow that up with "IF A VALID CASE LIKE RICKY'S is denied. A case that has never been SO CLEAR"?

Then you follow it up with this doozy. "It was something he took for YOGA!!"

Lets recap.

First it's reportedly, second is it was a non weed test, then its totally CLEAR, then it finally reveals itself to be for YOGA!

WOW! Just WOW!!

im sorry my point of view on his is so shocking and 'wow' inducing to you, but those are as close the facts as we are ever going to get on this issue unless someone leaks the facts from the nfl which is unlikely.

the nfl tests for everything, they dont test ricky for just weed.

how can the case be crystal clear when his 2006 suspension was for a failed test for something he has never tested positive for? he should have been allowed to play this year because it wasnt weed, unless it was steroids or something else that he took on purpose.

his mom is the one who speculated that it was a yoga substance, go say "WOW just WOW" to her and not to me.

bottom line ricky has not failed a test since the one that got him banned for a year again and should own the nfl once again when ronnie gets hurt in 07. whoops, if ronnie gets hurt....i hope he doesnt, but 2 years in a row we have been threated to a mid season injury, hopefully our #2 pick can shake those draft day knocks on him for being fragile in an nfl length season.

ricky will bring with him from canada some new 'great northern' moves, watch out for him in 07 unless the nfl hates on him! :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

He said, "Emo emo puff puff give smokey!".

Actually, he said that Ricky is likely to be reinstated due to the nature of his last suspension and the fact that he's tested clean on every test since. Unless the NFL is harboring a grudge, and deny the application due to his past failures, in which case the NFL is just hatin, as Ricky didn't flagrantly violate the drug policy.

The NFL drug policy is never supposed to be public information. None of us know the nature of his last suspension. All we know is the rumors spread around. None of us know if he indeed has tested clean on any test since.

The NFL should take his past failures into account. It's 100% the way it should be done. For every NFL player, not just poor Ricky. ALSO: It's not just the NFL that is envolved with the testing. The NFL Players Union and the NFL sit down and come up with the plan for drug testing. Both sides AGREE with the way the players are tested, how many times they are tested (which is going up this year), and they also agree on WHAT substances they are tested for.

As for his take on Ricky not flagrantly violating the policy. Ask any prisoner in a state or federal pen what he did, and 99% will tell you they're innocent.

I dont know Ricky Williams, and I won't pretend I do. I will not overlook any and everything he does just because he is a good Rb. If the NFL decides he can play its fine by me. I won't sit here and kiss his butt though. It is what it is, and he did what he did, and got CAUGHT! If the NFL says he paid his dues, then he should be allowed to play. If they refuse to reinstate him, it's no ones fault but Ricky Williams....

im sorry my point of view on his is so shocking and 'wow' inducing to you, but those are as close the facts as we are ever going to get on this issue unless someone leaks the facts from the nfl which is unlikely.

bottom line ricky has not failed a test since the one that got him banned for a year again and should own the nfl once again when ronnie gets hurt in 07. whoops, if ronnie gets hurt....i hope he doesnt, but 2 years in a row we have been threated to a mid season injury, hopefully our #2 pick can shake those draft day knocks on him for being fragile in an nfl length season.

Your point of view has not one fact in it! Nothing but speculation on your part!

AND you dont have a clue if Ricky has passed every test. Your just assuming it's so because no story has been leaked saying he did. Many players go thru the NFL substance abuse program, and if they follow the guidlines noone will even know that they failed a test! The system is designed to stop substance abuse, and to keep the players names from being released. Yeah, the NFL is hating on poor poor Ricky. It has nothing to do with the fact that he's failed test, after test, after test, after test huh?

There was never one draft day knock on Ronnie Brown for being injury prone. That was Caddy, not Ronnie!

The NFL drug policy is never supposed to be public information. None of us know the nature of his last suspension. All we know is the rumors spread around. None of us know if he indeed has tested clean on any test since.

The NFL should take his past failures into account. It's 100% the way it should be done. For every NFL player, not just poor Ricky. ALSO: It's not just the NFL that is envolved with the testing. The NFL Players Union and the NFL sit down and come up with the plan for drug testing. Both sides AGREE with the way the players are tested, how many times they are tested (which is going up this year), and they also agree on WHAT substances they are tested for.

As for his take on Ricky not flagrantly violating the policy. Ask any prisoner in a state or federal pen what he did, and 99% will tell you they're innocent.

I dont know Ricky Williams, and I won't pretend I do. I will not overlook any and everything he does just because he is a good Rb. If the NFL decides he can play its fine by me. I won't sit here and kiss his butt though. It is what it is, and he did what he did, and got CAUGHT! If the NFL says he paid his dues, then he should be allowed to play. If they refuse to reinstate him, it's no ones fault but Ricky Williams....

I didn't say I agreed with him, I was just translating :lol:

I didn't say I agreed with him, I was just translating :lol:

Yeah, I knew you translated for him. That's why I said his take on Ricky, not yours. I would ask you to translate this back to him, but it's obvious he won't have nothing to do with it. It's the NFL's fault that Ricky fails test after test. They just Hate Ricky Williams. Poor thing! :boohoo:

Your point of view has not one fact in it! Nothing but speculation on your part!

AND you dont have a clue if Ricky has passed every test. Your just assuming it's so because no story has been leaked saying he did. Many players go thru the NFL substance abuse program, and if they follow the guidlines noone will even know that they failed a test! The system is designed to stop substance abuse, and to keep the players names from being released. Yeah, the NFL is hating on poor poor Ricky. It has nothing to do with the fact that he's failed test, after test, after test, after test huh?

There was never one draft day knock on Ronnie Brown for being injury prone. That was Caddy, not Ronnie!

my point of view comes from looking at all the information we have at hand on the ricky situation.

your post is good if you believe there are never any leaks in the substance abuse program, but the reality is that when it involves a top tier player like ricky williams is it gets leaked quite frequently.

and i believe if he would have tested positive again he would be suspended again and it would be leaked.

about ronnie, yes there was mass speculation that ronnie could not hold up as a #1 back for a 16 game season because he wasnt even the #1 back at Auburn. tons of ppl questioned his durability.

if, probably when, ronnie gets hurt next year everyone one of you that has become a lawyer(that specializes in the substance abuse policy of the nfl) to somehow convict ricky williams of failing another test because of some personal vendetta against him for some reason(anti-weed activist? usc fans?) will be happy when travis minor steps in to fill in for ronnie in the middle of a playoff run.

i for one am supporting THE PLAYER ON OUR TEAM that is trying to come back next season. you can join in anytime.

Back
Top Bottom