Duss

Active Roster
Reaction score
Game ends because 1 team loses the coin toss

the college OT system is much more exciting and FAIR

duss12 said:
Game ends because 1 team loses the coin toss

the college OT system is much more exciting and FAIR

no, game ends cause Dallas defense didnt do their job. if they did their job, they would of had their chance

i do agree that the college system is better though

The college OT is better but Dallas' Defense let them down...

And also, College's OT has their downside too, whoever wins the toss usually pick to have the ball second so they can see If they need a FG or TD which is a disadvantage to the other team...

I hate when people complain about the OT rules. Nappy was 110% right.

If you don't like the fact that they won the toss... DON'T LET THEM SCORE.

Don't blame the rules, blame the defenses.

ScrepsMJ said:
I hate when people complain about the OT rules. Nappy was 110% right.

If you don't like the fact that they won the toss... DON'T LET THEM SCORE.

Don't blame the rules, blame the defenses.

that's a ridiculous cop out... games end tied, even 0-0.. it happens... people can have an opinion about that FACT... regardless of the defense's, or offense's "fault"

I love the NFLs system, I cannot stand the college system. I dont understand for the life of me why the NFLs system is unfair. You have to stop a team or score to win. Sounds pretty damn fair to me. Dallas deserved to lose. Sudden death is the most exciting thing in sports.

finfansince72 said:
I love the NFLs system, I cannot stand the college system. I dont understand for the life of me why the NFLs system is unfair. You have to stop a team or score to win. Sounds pretty damn fair to me. Dallas deserved to lose. Sudden death is the most exciting thing in sports.

if it's fair then why not give the ball to the winner of the coin toss at the beginning of the game and at halftime?

the NFL's OT system isn't fair, because who gets the ball in a SUDDEN DEATH overtime shouldn't be decided by a coin toss. when you have a team with identical records in a division, it takes about 11 different scenarios before a coin toss is used to decide who wins the division. why should it be the only option in OT?

that being said, i just say play another 10 minute quarter, and let the teams score until it's over. i'd let them start at the 50 yard line though, as there would probably be too many ties with that

why is it unfair to play special teams and defense? Im glad the NFL owners and the league has kept this OT, its so much more exciting than any other OT. I cant stand that sham of a system in college. The college system is set up the way it is so that southern boise bapist tech has a chance of beating someone like miami if they get to OT. The NFL is a professional league, having to stop someone to get the ball back and win is 100% fair. Stop crying about it, nothing has you on the edge of your chair like the NFL overtime.
If you A) dont win in regulation B)cant stop a team from scoring, then u deserve to lose straightup. Cant even fathom why people see this as unfair, its a great system.

I also think it's unfair, because by this point in the game everyone it tired and the 'D' usually gets the brunt of it.

finfansince72 said:
why is it unfair to play special teams and defense? Im glad the NFL owners and the league has kept this OT, its so much more exciting than any other OT. I cant stand that sham of a system in college. The college system is set up the way it is so that southern boise bapist tech has a chance of beating someone like miami if they get to OT. The NFL is a professional league, having to stop someone to get the ball back and win is 100% fair. Stop crying about it, nothing has you on the edge of your chair like the NFL overtime.
If you A) dont win in regulation B)cant stop a team from scoring, then u deserve to lose straightup. Cant even fathom why people see this as unfair, its a great system.
both teams should get a shot. every other overtime in every other sport does it this way. it only makes sense

kastofsna120 said:
both teams should get a shot. every other overtime in every other sport does it this way. it only makes sense

the only other sport that u can tie in is Hockey, and its whoever scores first in it as well. both teams do not get a shot on offense. if the hockey team cant stop them from scoring, their going to lose.

anyways, both teams have a chance, the defense has a chance to get a turnover, and score as well.

Nappy Roots said:
the only other sport that u can tie in is Hockey, and its whoever scores first in it as well. both teams do not get a shot on offense. if the hockey team cant stop them from scoring, their going to lose.

anyways, both teams have a chance, the defense has a chance to get a turnover, and score as well.
actually there are no more ties in hockey. and obviously if the team that gets the puck shoots it and scores immediately, the other team doesn't get a shot, but at least the other team has a shot by fighting for the puck when it's dropped. the equivalent in football would be if they were to do the XFL style coin toss

kastofsna120 said:
actually there are no more ties in hockey. and obviously if the team that gets the puck shoots it and scores immediately, the other team doesn't get a shot, but at least the other team has a shot by fighting for the puck when it's dropped. the equivalent in football would be if they were to do the XFL style coin toss

oh yea, i forgot about that tie thing going away.

anyway, would you honestly like to an XFL style coin toss? that would be horrible.

nope. the point is that in hockey there is at least a way for the team itself to choose which side the coin lands on, so to speak. not just calling out a name and hoping it lands on heads or whatevee

Back
Top Bottom