Another sad OT chapter of the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another sad OT chapter of the NFL

duss12 said:
Game ends because 1 team loses the coin toss

the college OT system is much more exciting and FAIR

the defensive players don't get paid???? :shakeno:

Make an f'n stop! Get the ball back.

kastofsna120 said:
both teams should get a shot. every other overtime in every other sport does it this way. it only makes sense

NO. That is a crock. NHL....one team COULD win the face off race down the ice shoot and score. Now what, let the other team take the puck and get a shot on goal before they end the game? :shakeno:

Why does every sport NEED to be the same? If every other OVERTIME is the same, why does the NFL need to follow suit? Just like no playoff in college football, that is what makes the sport unique. It's different

MikeO said:
NO. That is a crock. NHL....one team COULD win the face off race down the ice shoot and score. Now what, let the other team take the puck and get a shot on goal before they end the game? :shakeno:
::yawn:: read what i said in response to that

Nappy Roots said:
the only other sport that u can tie in is Hockey, and its whoever scores first in it as well. both teams do not get a shot on offense. if the hockey team cant stop them from scoring, their going to lose.

anyways, both teams have a chance, the defense has a chance to get a turnover, and score as well.

yes but they dont give the pick to one team they take a faceoff

MikeO said:

Why does every sport NEED to be the same? If every other OVERTIME is the same, why does the NFL need to follow suit? Just like no playoff in college football, that is what makes the sport unique. It's different

why not face off for the football like basket ball or rugby

MikeO said:

if it's so fair then why dont coach choose to kick the ball?

duss12 said:
why not face off for the football like basket ball or rugby

because its not basketball or rugby. If you like their sports so much, go watch them!

duss12 said:
if it's so fair then why dont coach choose to kick the ball?

some do if the weather is bad!:shakeno:

duss12 said:
In ot????

youve got to be kidding me

the guy for the Bears did it 2 years ago. Just one example. It's been done before.

MikeO said:
the guy for the Bears did it 2 years ago. Just one example. It's been done before.
actually none ever have, except for marty morningwheg, who coached the lions AGAINST the bears in that game. not like you haven't been wrong before

With the way rules have changed over the past years.. I think it is more unfair today than it was 10 years ago... The rules are very much in favor of more offense now days than it was in the past.. therefore yea.. the offense has more of an advantage in moving the ball down field.

kastofsna120 said:
both teams should get a shot. every other overtime in every other sport does it this way. it only makes sense

every othersport... like you mean which ones... not the most watched sport in the world... football... I mean the one played with your feet... what about Hockey??? And baseball... sudden death is the way to go...

MikeO said:
because its not basketball or rugby. If you like their sports so much, go watch them!

At what point in rugby does a team face off... If you are talking about a scrum then you are wrong! Its nowhere like a faceoff... one team (only one) has the ball and puts it into a scrum and yes the opposition has a shot to get the bll back but very rarely does. A scrum is also not used at the begining of overtime... and rugby is not sudden death... they play both ways for five... If my memory serves me right... (I havent played in about five years)

biggrouper said:
every othersport... like you mean which ones... not the most watched sport in the world... football... I mean the one played with your feet... what about Hockey??? And baseball... sudden death is the way to go...

in baseball each team as shot to score each get an at bat... if baseball had football rule the visiting team that scored a run and it's over the home would never get a shot at winning

Back
Top Bottom