Another Surtain thread (news) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Surtain thread (news)

chambersdabomb said:
i bet you that they would annouce it during the draft if it were true:confused:

Why wait? It wouldn't benefit either team waiting to announce it during the draft.

This is another one of those miths/rumors that envolve "my friend" said this and that. Most likely its not true. But it would be nice.

bdmagnum said:
Not doubting the conversation, but if it were true, why the delay in announcing it?

If true, KC may want to have him in for a physical before announcing it.

Why would there be any delay in announcing the trade? Only thing I could think of is to wait until Pat passed a physical.

But yet the Raiders' trade of their TE was announced... Just seems odd.

If a deal in principle has already been reached, this could actually have been Saban's request to keep it quiet until the Fins' pick comes up in the 2nd Round.

Kansas City & Miami likely target two different players in that round, so it keeps teams guessing right up until the pick. Then it gets announced on the ticker, Fins swoop in and hopefully take the guy they've targeted without having to worry about another competitor trading in front of them.

phinfan13/34 said:
This is another one of those miths/rumors that envolve "my friend" said this and that. Most likely its not true. But it would be nice.

If it was his good friend, do u think the friend would lie to him and make this up for no reason? Whats the friend to gain from making up this convo?

Smithboy said:
If a deal in principle has already been reached, this could actually have been Saban's request to keep it quiet until the Fins' pick comes up in the 2nd Round.

Kansas City & Miami likely target two different players in that round, so it keeps teams guessing right up until the pick. Then it gets announced on the ticker, Fins swoop in and hopefully take the guy they've targeted without having to worry about another competitor trading in front of them.

Good point. Did not think of it that way.

fisnfan0018 said:
If it was his good friend, do u think the friend would lie to him and make this up for no reason? Whats the friend to gain from making up this convo?

I know he's not lying. I question Chambers not my friend. Maybe he was just messing around or drunk.

Last week they wouldn't even give up a 2nd and now they are giving a 2nd AND a 4th, I find it hard to believe, but sure hope it's true

bdmagnum said:
Why wait? It wouldn't benefit either team waiting to announce it during the draft.

The less said the better. The less other teams now about our draft picks the better. The Fins are trying to trade down because they lack draft choices--the more they have the less teams will be willing to give to them. Why let other teams know how many picks you have and exactly where your picks are? I wouldn't if I could help it. The less said the better. The only ones who want to know in advance are the media and the fans.

These players don;t get into the business, and Nick Saban won't let them even if they did. I spoke with them, both of who are in this topic. NICK SABAN or COACH SABAN will not let players talk, and they don;t anyway. Man, Randy didn't even know who Jason Campbell was. EVEN if they did know something, they won't leak it.

Man, I so hope this is true. Word of mouth isnt enough to get excited about, but I am hoping like hell we get more than that 2nd pick in this draft.

As great as that would be I don't see it happening. They have been offering a 4th supposedly and Saban has been asking for a 2nd. They didn't want to go lower than a 4th why would they not only give in to the second but give up what they were originally offering as well in the 4th. I would love it, but it just doesnt seem likely.

Back
Top Bottom