Another victory lap for Brady | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another victory lap for Brady

If you think Brady was just throwing two yard passes this year its clear you didn't watch Brady at all. To his detriment Brady was throwing deep at an exceptionally high rate in Arian's hi-low read offense which is the opposite of the Patriots which was low to high read. Most of his dumb interceptions came from throws recklessly chucked downfield like Brett Favre as he still hasn't gotten fully comfortable after nearly two decades in a different system.

Brady had his low moments this year, and I definitely wonder what Jameis could have done if the team had actually infused the team with the talent that Brady has had to work with (years of working with subpar defense and Peyton Barber as his top running back did not help subdue Winston's hero complex), but the reality is that Brady had a really good season and helped a team break an exceptionally long playoff drought.

I'm still rooting for Jameis to get another shot. Get him in a system like RT or Baker Mayfield where the sole ability for the team to win a game isn't on his arm, and he could be lethal with his passing ability. Last year he regularly made multiple throws a game that most QBs don't make in their entire career, he just didn't know when not to make a throw.
Regarding the 2+ yd remark for the passes he made a decade out of in NE my comment here was meant to say I am surprised he actually had accuracy down field at all this year not meaning he threw in the 2-5yd range we are accustomed to

Brady’s move from NE to TB shows how a good QB helps your defense.

TB defense goes from bottom of league to middle while NE defense goes from top to middle.

Brady not turning it over and scoring points at the same rate as last year while keeping control of the football has helped the TB defense and lack of same hurt the Patriots.

The great Bellicheck defenses that NE had were always a product of Tom Brady. Even in his first SB win he was a very efficient and helped his D
NE had the #1 defense in the NFL last year and dropped to 7th this year. That's hardly the middle and some of the players on defense opted out due to covid so being down a couple of starters surely had an impact. The defense was 7th in 2018 WITH Brady under center so it's not like 7th is some mighty fall for them.

NE had the #1 defense in the NFL last year and dropped to 7th this year. That's hardly the middle and some of the players on defense opted out due to covid so being down a couple of starters surely had an impact. The defense was 7th in 2018 WITH Brady under center so it's not like 7th is some mighty fall for them.
I was talking about defensive points allowed not yards. And yes I’m sure missing some key defenders had an effect on that drop.

Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski get last laugh on Bill Belichick, Patriots with Buccaneers playoff bound (msn.com)

Seems Brady and Gronk got the last laugh on Patriots who thought they were both done.

Maybe this will stop the ridiculous talk by some that Brady was a system QB and needed the Patriots system to succeed.

Without Brady the Patriots fail to make the playoffs for first time in 12 years.

Despite being the bottom of division for 7 of the last 9 years and missing the playoffs for 12 years the addition of Brady and Gronk transformed the Bucs into playoff team.

The guy is that good. Case Closed!
Stop...

Brady has two top 10 WRs...a decent oline...and decent TEs.

He actually should have done better.

Best competitor that I have ever witnessed. He hates losing so much that it rarely happens.

when you make championship in each conference you take coaching out of the equation.

Bad ending for Brees. Brady bad day is coming. Just not today. He refuses to fail.

He did little th ou s game
Was all D
Brady sucked

14 of 21 championship games. Nobody will ever sniff that air.

any haters are just in denial at this point.

He’s also the best cold weather QB I’ve seen...the rest of Tampa Bay next week?
I’m not sure....Brady will be ready..

When somebody beats me on the go kart track I give them respect. I don’t understand this blindness to to greatness of Tom Brady because he plays for a different team. People are stupid about sports. Admire greatness, don’t hate it because you can’t do it or beat it. Try harder.

I never thought football could have a player that's the same stature as Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky but damn Brady is undeniably the Michael Jordan of his sport. He's not just the GOAT QB there's a case to be made that he is on MT Rushmore of sports icons along with Ali, Ruth, and Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom