Anthony Steen doing 'whatever's best for the team' in Miami Dolphins' offensive line | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Steen doing 'whatever's best for the team' in Miami Dolphins' offensive line

Gotta give a thumbs up to those who are consistent, when talking Oline.

The absolute nonsense from some on this subject, is a yearly cut and paste topic.

We don't need all pro's at every level, but show your QB and fanbase that you understand the game will be determined in the trenches. Also, bringing in a TE who couldn't block a 2 year old, does nothing to help the right side. Bushrod is a disaster.

Great so the coach saw the talent on the team and utilized to the best of his ability, and the result was 13 sacks in the final 11 games, Tannehill being sacked the least amount in his career, and playoff spot. That has been my exact point this entire thread. If he can get the group he had last year to produce those numbers I think he can do it with this group as well. The fewest sacks in Ryan's career + his highest ypa in his career, oh the most yards from a RB in 10+ years, in year one as coach, and its safe to say most players get better as they get more familiar with the scheme.

Correct. My response wasn't an argument against, it was an explanation of.

The absolute nonsense from some on this subject, is a yearly cut and paste topic.

We don't need all pro's at every level, but show your QB and fanbase that you understand the game will be determined in the trenches. Also, bringing in a TE who couldn't block a 2 year old, does nothing to help the right side. Bushrod is a disaster.
We also brought in the #1 rated runblocking TE in the NFL.

I thought Bushrod was decent but could be wrong. (Maybe Ajayi is just that damn good)

Ya I agree with the Julius Thomas issue with blocking but I doubt he's going to be used much as a blocker.

We did get the best blocking TE in the league in Fasano.

We also brought in the #1 rated runblocking TE in the NFL.

Caveat: According to PFF.

They also had the Eagles o-line ranked #1 and the Cowboys ranked #9 (which is ****ing garbage) and Jack Conklin as one of the best lineman.

I thought Bushrod was decent but could be wrong. (Maybe Ajayi is just that damn good)

Ya I agree with the Julius Thomas issue with blocking but I doubt he's going to be used much as a blocker.

We did get the best blocking TE in the league in Fasano.

I'm not a big fasano fan. At his age, he's a undersized lineman.

But when Fasano is in, who sits? If it's traditional 2 TE pkgs, I see his worth. But outside of that, I see limited production from Fasano in this offense. Production would primarily be his blocking, as he can't threaten seams and in his limited production in Tennessee, it was basically 2-3 yard passes to the flat.

You put your eggs in that beat up undersized tackle basket. I won't.

You honestly don't think Fasano was a good pickup to replace Sims?

I'd take Fasano over any TE when it comes to blocking..

Everyone is entitled to their opinions..

Idc. I just want to win and I believe Fasano was an underrated pickup.

PHINS UP!!!

Not saying Steen is the answer but Larsen isn't athletic enough to warrant playing Center IMO.

The depth chart for the interior 3 are nothing more jumbled scrabble tiles on a place card for the time being. Bushrod is the main name I don't want to see scribbled in the starting lineup, but Larsen and Asiata aren't necessarily fit for the zone run game either.

Larsen played center at Chicago. I think that played an important part with Gase's confidence level of him. He knows those guys, and he knows that Larsen can handle his system. Steen got injured quickly, and we moved to Urbik, who IMHO is better suited at guard.

Chris Foerster has been here one year and led an overachieving rushing offense as well as lowering our sack count with a patchwork o-line. What's the knock on him again?

But when Fasano is in, who sits? If it's traditional 2 TE pkgs, I see his worth. But outside of that, I see limited production from Fasano in this offense. Production would primarily be his blocking, as he can't threaten seams and in his limited production in Tennessee, it was basically 2-3 yard passes to the flat.

I disagree. We can run more 2 TE sets and his presence will help with protection / run blocking / play action, anything. Yeah it sucks he's not a true dual threat but he can sneak out for an occasional pass. 2 wr sets with Parker / Landry would be fine. Throw Stills in at times.

I totally understand your point.

I just don't think it's that simple.

Thomas can lineup in the slot since like you said he's just a pass catching TE and can't block.

Gase has done wonders with a team way less talented. I believe he has ideas on how to utilize both Julius and Anthony.

Time will tell but it's def better than having Jordan "concussion" Cameron and Dominique Jones.

I disagree. We can run more 2 TE sets and his presence will help with protection / run blocking / play action, anything. Yeah it sucks he's not a true dual threat but he can sneak out for an occasional pass. 2 wr sets with Parker / Landry would be fine. Throw Stills in at times.

That's more than likely what we'll do.

Gase has a lot of toys to play with now that he left his mark on the team.

We're way more talented based off personnel and camaraderie.

Cameron and Sims or Julius and Fasano? Not a tough decision

PHINS UP!!!

Chris Foerster has been here one year and led an overachieving rushing offense as well as lowering our sack count with a patchwork o-line. What's the knock on him again?

For one the majority of our rushing yards came after contact as our line was one of lowest rated units in allowing early contact. Also, Gase was the coach who saw our early line struggles and changed our pass blocking to more aggressive dish sets from the traditional vertical sets following the bye.

Back
Top Bottom