Antonio Cromartie: Starting CB and WR3? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Cromartie: Starting CB and WR3?

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
Not a FSU fan here so I know nothing of this young man from his college days. I understand that he's a fantastic athlete as his recent workouts have suggested. I also have heard he was the next (and bigger....more physical) Dion Sanders before he blew out his knee. And as the title suggests....I'm hearing ths kid could actually play WR....he's that talented.

Thoughts? I think this guy would be HUGE value at 16 if the medical stuff checks out OK cause he could possibly fill 2-3 needs (KR?)!

I seriously doubt it. Saban knows his DBs and I'm sure he'd want them to focus on defense, especially with the size of the defensive playbook. Two-way players are extremely rare in the NFL. As far as returning kicks, we already have 2 very solid return guys but I guess anything is possible.

He could be Daunte's backup too, or kick if we release Mare!

Sorry, it wasn't really a bad question. I doubt he plays both ways, especially with his injury history. Two times the playing time = Two times as likely to get hurt.

Seriously, can Cromarite play safety too?

he did play receiver in high school...i could see him possibly playing offense on situational downs

THOMAS_54 said:
Seriously, can Cromarite play safety too?

Yeah I'm sure he could but he's much too talented at CB to be put at safety.

That would be freakin Sweeeeet! lol but i dont know it that would happen.

Cromartie was workin out at reciever prior to the 2005 season but like others here have already said its very rare that a player plays both sides of the ball. As for him playing safety i think he could make the transition but he is too talented at corner. I think we should just move daniels to safety.

Thanks for flaming me guys...lol.....but I'm a big boy and I can take it. But in all seriousness, the boys from the NFL Network are talkin on him like he'd be a top receiver in this draft which I find intrguing when you consider the Dion comparisons already. And as far as playing both ways. Our std offensive set won;t be sporting 3-wide so lets not get ahead of ourselves with the "too much play time = injury talk". Saban does know corners and he, like his mentor in NE, knows versatility when he sees it. And if Cromartie is as versatile as he is a naturally gifted athlete that equals the number 16 pick in the draft in my books.

Flame away boyzzzzz.

i personally wasnt flaming you.. i was just simply giving my opinion that i dont think he will play both ways.

Canuck said:
Thanks for flaming me guys...lol.....but I'm a big boy and I can take it. But in all seriousness, the boys from the NFL Network are talkin on him like he'd be a top receiver in this draft which I find intrguing when you consider the Dion comparisons already. And as far as playing both ways. Our std offensive set won;t be sporting 3-wide so lets not get ahead of ourselves with the "too much play time = injury talk". Saban does know corners and he, like his mentor in NE, knows versatility when he sees it. And if Cromartie is as versatile as he is a naturally gifted athlete that equals the number 16 pick in the draft in my books.

Flame away boyzzzzz.
From what I read, Cromartie could be either a top CB or WR not both. Dion may have played both ways but it wasn't as a 3rd receiver. He usually came in just to run fly or clear out patterns. By the way, the same things was said about Champ Bailey when he came out of college. It's good to talk about but will at best be only for situational purposes.

You're comments were fine Madman.

Actually I was hoping to hear from some FSU fans who actually saw this kid play and could speak to his hands and potential to contribute as a part time receiver. Anyone? Anyone? I know precious little of this fella (I'd rather form my opinion from watching him myself) save for what I've seen at workouts and the NFL Network boyz (Mayock and Kirwan) who think he's got receiver type ability.

Canuck said:
Not a FSU fan here so I know nothing of this young man from his college days. I understand that he's a fantastic athlete as his recent workouts have suggested. I also have heard he was the next (and bigger....more physical) Dion Sanders before he blew out his knee. And as the title suggests....I'm hearing ths kid could actually play WR....he's that talented.

Thoughts? I think this guy would be HUGE value at 16 if the medical stuff checks out OK cause he could possibly fill 2-3 needs (KR?)!

This is the guy I've really warmed to us picking at 16.

He has the upside to be a superstar in the league.
Out of all the names I hear us being able to pick at 16 I think he has the most upside to be a big impact player.

I don't see him playing both ways though.
Rookies have too much to handle relearning their primary position in the NFL without having to learn a 2nd one.

Alot of players in the NFL have the physical ability to play numerous positions in the NFL, however it takes perfection and repition to really master a position and be great at it. Most of these guys played all over the place in highschool and many dont even play the position they played in college. Its nevr a stretch to say some1 cant play another positon, its just likely they wont get the opportunity in the nfl to do so.

Back
Top Bottom