Antwan Edwards FS will be coming in for a visit. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antwan Edwards FS will be coming in for a visit.

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is,what was said by Howard Davis the Fins play
by play guy on wqam

please don't ask me for a links
this was say on his radio shows

I guess we will see in a couples day.

:cool: :cool: :cool: ps I just passing the news a long

trust me:evil: :evil: :evil:

if a.edwards is sign then Freeman will have some competition:eat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Competition is good. I wonder why Antuan Edwards never really reached his potential. Reminds me of Tebucky Jones.

the competition will be coming from yeramiah bell .. this guy can play ... he reminds me alot of a young brock marion ... a tall, lean, sleek safety ... with a year under his belt to learn the system and now being finally healty .. we dolfans are in for a treat ... antwan edwards would just be for depth ... bell is a guy that miami had their eyes on since his junior year ... they got a steal.. he would have been a 3rd - 4th rounder if it wasn't for his injury ...

True, it would be nice to see Yeremiah Bell actually get some action. The way we picked him up thinking toward the future reminds me a lot of how we picked up Ogunleye as an undrafted free agent thinking about the future. Bell is a guy that would have been drafted far higher than we got him had he been able to play in his rookie season.

A lot of the packer fans Ive asked about him say hes injury prone (27 missed games the last 4 years, 42%) and would help us about as much as Jamar Fletcher did. In other words, just say no to Edwards

Ouch. Guess the FO should just look to the draft instead of picking up a has-been/never-was

I like to see Bell get a chance too. He could be our next Ogun. A guy that got hurt coming out and we took a chance and now it can pay off.

Ozzy rules!!

I really like Bell. He was as high as #2 at SS on some draft boards prior to his knee issues and he still has above average SS speed. Low risk, potentially high reward here.

Originally posted by Boik14
A lot of the packer fans Ive asked about him say hes injury prone (27 missed games the last 4 years, 42%) and would help us about as much as Jamar Fletcher did. In other words, just say no to Edwards

Note: Packer fans are the most ignorant fans on earth, after Patriot fans. If Favre left this year, they'd say he was too old to contribute anymore. If Javon Walker was traded for a 7th-rounder, they'd say that there are 100 better receivers in this draft. They're stubborn when it comes to former players.

Like CK said, Edwards always had a load of potential. He's worth a shot, as long as it doesn't change our drafting strategy for safeties.

I think Bell is more suited to be a SS than a FS. Edwards would definately be a quality FS pick-up

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Note: Packer fans are the most ignorant fans on earth, after Patriot fans. If Favre left this year, they'd say he was too old to contribute anymore. If Javon Walker was traded for a 7th-rounder, they'd say that there are 100 better receivers in this draft. They're stubborn when it comes to former players.

Like CK said, Edwards always had a load of potential. He's worth a shot, as long as it doesn't change our drafting strategy for safeties.

If you think Packer fans are bad, obviously you have never been in a stadium full of jet or Faider fans. Those dudes are highly retarded. I sit in the meadowlands every year for our jets/fins game (last year NYG too) and i swear every year they get dumber. Faider fans you just cant even talk to about their team. Regardless of how valid a point you make with them youre wrong.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Note: Packer fans are the most ignorant fans on earth, after Patriot fans.

I go to the University of Minnesota and live with two of them, and I can't agree more. One of them called me outside Friday night because I disagreed that Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson, AND Javon Walker are all better than Boston. I held firm to the opinion that I'd take DB over any of them. VERY STUBBORN, VERY OPINIONATED about their Packers. They think that because their team has been around the longest, they as fans know the most about football. Irritating.

Minnphin

Here are some notes on Antuan Edwards from some free agent lists.

Mel Kiper has him 10th of 32 safeties. (for comparison he has Arturo Freeman 5th, Shawn Wooden 14th and Chris Akins 19th.)

"This former first rounder has never been able to find a comfort zone. Given a chance to make the grade at both CB and S, he wasn't up to the challange at either. Until suffering a season-ending hamstring injury in late November, Edwards had done little to impress as their starting SS. He's not a big enough hitter to make his presence felt there, and lacks the speed necessary to make the grade at CB. In summation, you have a guy who can see action at two positions, but isn't the answer at either. Logical thinking dictates he'll be somewhere else this summer."

Frank Coyle of Draftinsiders must have been looking at a differant guy however because his write up is VERY differant.

First, he too has him listed as a SS, 6'-1", 213lbs. Coyle has him 6th among 29 safeties. (Freeman is 12th, Wooden 13th, and Akins 22nd)

"Former corner has made a smooth adjustment to his new and more natural safety position. He was having his best season to date in '03 when a hamstring injury landed him on IR with four games remaining in the season. He has excellent size/strength combination, is agressive in coverage, and has good recovery speed and excellent leaping ability. He doesn't have great lateral movement, lacks a great burst out of his pedal, and appears stiff at times."

Also did Bell play FS or SS at EKU, I thought it was FS and he was being looked at as competition for Freeman not Knight. Edwards would be competition for Knight and even more so for Wooden. Either would also make a strong possibilty for dime back which until last year had traditionally been played by a S for the Phins. In fact it was his excellent play as dime safety in 2001 that earned Freeman his shot at starting at SS in 2002.

Thanks, Ohio. Here's another interesting article on Edwards from last season, this has to do with performances...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1670408

Also, remember the article about the safeties available on FA not getting play? The one topped with Marion on ESPN? It was about Marion, Edwards, Tongue, & Lynch. Anybody still have it?

Back
Top Bottom