Any Chance This Happens? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Chance This Happens?

BrowardDolfan

Club Member
Reaction score
Fitz has been with Gailey for years with Buffalo, NY, and now Miami. He is a Harvard grad and knows this offense like the back of his hand.

Could you see the Dolphins cultivating Fitz as a future OC over the next couple of seasons as he backs up Tua? He can learn the ins and outs of coming up with a game plan, calling plays during a game, while being a mentor for Tua. When it is time for Gailey to retire, Fitz could take over the OC job and the Dolphins bring in a new backup QB.

I actually think he will be moving on shortly (6 days-6 months) unfortunately

Fitz has been with Gailey for years with Buffalo, NY, and now Miami. He is a Harvard grad and knows this offense like the back of his hand.

Could you see the Dolphins cultivating Fitz as a future OC over the next couple of seasons as he backs up Tua? He can learn the ins and outs of coming up with a game plan, calling plays during a game, while being a mentor for Tua. When it is time for Gailey to retire, Fitz could take over the OC job and the Dolphins bring in a new backup QB.

I could see QB coach (and hope that could be on the table) but I think OC would be much farther down the line.

Come to think of it, are there any OCs in the league that were NFL QBs?

I think Flo wants consistency and simplicity, which I guess Gailey’s offense is. I already feel they will promote from within to keep the system just not sure it will be Fitz.

I really think this guy wants to retire... specially after this.

I think he has fuel in the tank still. He’s said he wants to play and there are qbs with longer careers right now, but his options as always will be limited to 3 awkward teams where he ends up in an identical situation as a bridge qb

1-2 seasons more has him just outside top 25 all time yards and tds probably, no HOF. Would love for him to do something with the Dolphins organization but I think he would be great in calling games like they’ve done with romo.

He is what he is, a very good journeyman QB. Sucks he lost the starting job but if he didn’t see it coming I don’t know what to say. It’s not like we are 6-0. Liked his time here but if he takes his sulking to another level, adios amigo.

If it was me after is Twitter hissy fit I’d package him and a pick to Dallas for Garret.

Have to believe this was his last rodeo.

Back
Top Bottom