Any feasible trade down options? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any feasible trade down options?

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of people suggesting us to trade down due to being in a tough spot should the board stay "chalk". With 4 QBs likely going in the top 10 along with the other blue chippers Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick and Barkley all likely to be in the top 10 as well.

Best case should that transpire is we get whoever is left over from Edmunds, Smith and James, Vea etc.

That is assuming we like any of those guys or have anybody left on our board with that high of a grade.

So the question is should we decide to trade back what is your reasonable scenario? You can say that a certain player fell and we trade or just stay the case that they're not sold on anybody and decide to move.

Mine....

Trade with Panthers who go from 24 to 11 to pick Vita Vea. Losing their stud guy in the middle lotulelei they jump to grab the closest thing to him in this draft so it's somewhat reasonable.

Panthers get...
2018 1st (11) 1250 points

Dolphins get...
2018 first (24) 740 points
2018 2nd (55) 350 points
2018 3rd (85) 170 points
Total: 1260 points

Personally I think we could go O line with Hernandez at 24 or Price etc etc.

Then with 2 2nds we could grab TE and RB or go all defense... lots of options with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I don't personally think we will trade back I think we have a high grade in someone for that spot but still fun to think about.

Last edited:
Would also allow the Fins to get that "2nd Tier" QB that I've been screaming for............Not a bad idea.

If we don't get Nelson at G, Alex Cappa is a guy I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on in a later round.

I see a lot of people suggesting us to trade down due to being in a tough spot should the board stay "chalk". With 4 QBs likely going in the top 10 along with the other blue chippers Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick and Barkley all likely to be in the top 10 as well.

Best case should that transpire is we get whoever is left over from Edmunds, Smith and James, Vea etc.

That is assuming we like any of those guys or have anybody left on our board with that high of a grade.

So the question is should we decide to trade back what is your reasonable scenario? You can say that a certain player fell and we trade or just stay the case that they're not sold on anybody and decide to move.

Mine....

Trade with Panthers who go from 24 to 11 to pick Vita Vea. Losing their stud guy in the middle lotulelei they jump to grab the closest thing to him in this draft so it's somewhat reasonable.

Panters get...
2018 1st (11) 1250 points

Dolphins get...
2018 first (24) 740 points
2018 2nd (55) 350 points
2018 3rd (85) 170 points
Total: 1260 points

Personally I think we could go O line with Hernandez at 24 or Price etc etc.

Then with 2 2nds we could grab TE and RB or go all defense... lots of options with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I don't personally think we will trade back I think we have a high grade in someone for that spot but still fun to think about.
Great post. The trade down is thrown out there as if it's as easy as Sunday morning. But in actuality very difficult to find that trade partner. You example is actually a possible one. Although it would hurt to miss out on who we would miss from 11 to 24 I wouldn't be opposed to this one.

I doubt Carolina is giving up its first two days of the draft for a defensive tackle, no matter the need. Maybe this year's 1st and 3rd and next year's 2nd.

For a team that’s solidly built, with little star power, I’d rather stay at 11, and take one of the top 5-7 players that will fall thanks to the run on QBs

What if a QB is there (Mayfield? Allen?) and the Cardinals need to get ahead of Buffalo?

If we trade back I would want to target Vander Esch. He could very well go in the teen's tho. I say stay put and draft at 11 if you can get Edmunds/James/Fitzpatrick/Smith even

There will be a star player for us at #11. We will snag a super TE with #42, after that trade down. You have for example, a killer LB and TE going into round 3. That's the time to gather more picks imo after we've secured 2 new starters.

I would entertain that just so I could get a DT, TE and a LB. We are going to be hard pressed to get all 3 and have them contribute.

I would entertain that just so I could get a DT, TE and a LB. We are going to be hard pressed to get all 3 and have them contribute.

I believe if our first three picks were Vea, Hurst and Jerome Baker, all three would contribute. I’m not saying that’s the route I’d go but it is possible without trading down.

Back
Top Bottom