Any final FAs you’d like to see Dolphins pick up? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any final FAs you’d like to see Dolphins pick up?

I think along those same lines regarding front loading deals, but then I think, "Hmm... Doesn't that also make it easier for a guy to hold out for a new deal?"

Maybe someone can explain where I'm wrong with that train of thought.

You can only front load a deal so much, the signing bonus is prorated evenly for the duration of the contract and the player can be forced to pay back that SB money.

In some cases it might not be a big deal if a player has one year left on the deal. Most players with that kind of leverage carry big hits for their signing bonus’s so paying that money back isn’t usually in their best interest.

If your a guy like Zeke Elliot on rookie deal you can take the chance of being sued, paying back the money and becoming a FA.....because your that damn good/young.

If your are severely under paid and your team needs you, you have the leverage.

Defintely another solid OL guy...I think everyone is itching for the C from NE.

Brandin Cooks is someone who intrigues me. We can Cut Albert Wilson free you the cap space to cover most of Cooks salary, maybe a 3rd and 2021 mid to late round pick is enough to get a deal done. He has ties to Flores with time in NE and he’s perfect fit in the Slot with Parker and Williams outside those 3 could be scary good.

Also Cooks is only 26 which is crazy considering he’s been traded multiple times and been in the league for 6 years but he’s still a young guy

Artie Burns, maybe a move to safety might do him some good.

Leonard Floyd as well.

Last edited:
Eli Apple,Dante Fowler,Markus Golden,Ted Karras

Yeah I liked Reader also I think he got PAID I believe like 4 year 53 mil

Really pleased that we built half a defense in FA and improved our ST unit. We still have some money to spend id guess around 20 mill or so, that’s budgeting for rookies and saving some money to roll over for next season. Who interests you guys?
For me it’s: Andrus Peat (not sure why he hasn’t had a big market I thought he was a really solid player), Ted Karras (Wanted McGovern but he’s a Jet now), and then I’d really like to add one more nickel corner I know we already spent a boatload on corners but Brian Poole or Mackensie Alexander one of those young Nickels to really solidify the back end. Probably can only Afford 2 Of those guys for my budget. But that’d have me super optimistic heading to draft (already very pleased)
You’re way off we have about 50 million left. You think we spent 80 million?

No one has mentioned a certain someone who recently applied for reinstatement and hasn’t played in 3 or 4 years but at one point was on pace to be one of the greatest pass rushers of all time.

I understand why no one has mentioned him but if there is no risk?

I’m just saying, kick the tires and see how much dust comes off. If the Ferrari is now a Corolla, move on.

30 isn’t the same as 33 or 34 when your talking Ferrari’s.
?

Back
Top Bottom