Any News On Lance Shulters? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any News On Lance Shulters?

I am also curious on what is going on with Schulters. As of Sunday he was "close to signing". Guess it was not really that 'close', but seriously... is he going to sign with the Phins or Falcons? I guess it is probably which team's defensive scheme is closest to the one he is used to. Let's face it he won't have a lot of time to learn a new defense. So he will probably go for whichever is easier to learn.

John Clayton reported on ESPN radio yesterday that he believes Schulters will sign with Atlanta.

Our run D is probably our biggest concern

jason_taylor said:
IMO OUR D WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE NFL AGAINST THE RUN .. :evil:

Maybe if Chester if fully healed, we will have a decent run stopping D. Timbo and Chester were sorely missed last year.

What the hell are Mueller / Saban waiting for???...

The longer we wait, or let him keep searching, the less chance we have to sign him. Just a couple of days ago, Atlanta was out of the picture. Now they're the front runner???...

Things must not have gone as well in Miami as we speculated if this is the case with Atlanta. This would be a huge mistake letting him sign elsewhere, especially with the scrubs Saban has brought in at safety this off-season.

How can we afford to pass on this opportunity???...Schulters would be a beast in our secondary, and without question an immediate upgrade. The way it looks however, we're just coasting on the chance to sign him. We should have made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and even if we overpaid, his skills on the field / lockeroom woul have paid off IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BillsCA said:
Yes Lance Shulters would improve your secondary but if you think that he is the missing piece to bring you to the superbowl let alone the playoffs you are in for a disappoiting surprise.

Nope, but JP Losman is DEFINITELY yours!!! :lol:

OK, I'm tired of all the talking about who we're going to sign.let's give the guys we got a shot,like Tony"BIG HIT" Bua he played saftey at ARK. '' A FEW RACKS UPSIDE A HEAD MIGHT GET A LITTLE RESPECT ROUND HERE"(IKE FROM TOMBSTONE)

BillsCA said:
Yes Lance Shulters would improve your secondary but if you think that he is the missing piece to bring you to the superbowl let alone the playoffs you are in for a disappoiting surprise.

and all j.p. losman has to do is not suck... riiiiight.

Law is coming for a second look because he could not run last time he was in (May 12), but he ran for JAX at his visit (June 12), so I'm sure they are just doing due diligence.

I agree though, if he wants Surtain money, then I wish we would have just kept Pat.

I would like us to get Schulters.

AtlantaPhin said:
John Clayton reported on ESPN radio yesterday that he believes Schulters will sign with Atlanta.

WTF!

Just a couple of days ago we was "suppost" to be close to a contract and now he may end up with the Falcons(who did want him after he visted with us). I hope that Saban will watch closely on his situation and sign him quick.

whatsburning said:
In the next few days after we sign Schulters, Ty Law will be complaining to the media that the Dolphins played him. That they had Schulters in mind all along and they were using him as bait so Lance would sign.:goof:

:yeahthat:

PhinDude88 said:
WTF!

Just a couple of days ago we was "suppost" to be close to a contract and now he may end up with the Falcons(who did want him after he visted with us). I hope that Saban will watch closely on his situation and sign him quick.

See that's the problem with this forum. Your all too gullable. There was nothing in the Miami media about him close to signing. All there was was an article saying he liked the defense and since he was there that day an Atlanta site guessed he was going to sign with us and this board just ate it up. Gullable gullable gullable.

jason_taylor said:
IMO OUR D WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE NFL AGAINST THE RUN .. AND IF LANCE AND TY SIGN WE WILL BE OK ON D AND 4 THE OFFENCE OUR OL WILL BE VERY MUCH IMPROVED LOOK AT THE PATS GAME AT THE END OF THE SEASON WE WAS NOT LETTING THEM GET TO THE QB AND OOOOOO YEA AJ HOW MANY PASSES DID HE THROW AS OUR OL WAS COMING TOGETHER NEXT TO THE END OF THE YEAR AND I THINK BOSTON THEY WILL TAKE IT EASY ON HIM IN TC SO HE WILL BE WORKED BACK IN THE RIGHT WAY SO TELL ME JILLS CA WHAT ARE OUR MISSING PEICES DONT SAY QB CAUSE THEY ALL KNEW HE WAS GOING TO THROW EVERY DOWN CAUSE WE HAD NO RUNNING GAME WE SHALL SEE IF WE WE HAVE SO CALLED MISSING PICESES LMAO WE SHALL SEE :evil:

Any chance of turning the volume down? Law will not be a Dolphin, guaranteed. Schulters is a 50/50 proposition.

VanDolPhan said:
See that's the problem with this forum. Your all too gullable. There was nothing in the Miami media about him close to signing. All there was was an article saying he liked the defense and since he was there that day an Atlanta site guessed he was going to sign with us and this board just ate it up. Gullable gullable gullable.

Thats why i said "suppost" instead of suppost to be close to a contract. I guess i need to give out a bigger hint for ya.

PhinDude88 said:
Thats why i said "suppost" instead of suppost to be close to a contract. I guess i need to give out a bigger hint for ya.

No there wasn't even a 'suppose' and I'm not picking directly on you. You just happened to be the last guy before I posted. There are plenty in this thread that thought there was this high chance and there really isn't.

He could still sign here but the chances are about 1 in 6 that the team doesn't get outbid due to the limitations in offers it can give.

One article saying he likes the defense and one article from an atlanta website guessing he might sign here just cause that's where he was the day they wrote that article isn't anywhere close to substantial.

VanDolPhan said:
There are plenty in this thread that thought there was this high chance and there really isn't.

Says who???...you???....

You don't know anything more about it than the rest of us do. Unless of course you're his agent. Are you Lance Schulters agent???....didn't think so.

Case closed....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom