Any news on Michael Egnew? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any news on Michael Egnew?

OMG, Miami fans are awful for expecting a mid round 3rd pick to produce results or at least get onto the field. I mean they should know that only Miami drafts a project prospect in the 3rd rd. People aren't patient with Egnew because he's half of the Marshall trade and he's not doing anything and Miami needed a WR there instead of him.

Yeah, the arguements are truly idi0tic too. So much so that they are a little funny.

What did Brett Farve do his rookie year or Tom Brady?

Hartline is the perfect example, that was a very good comparison made above.

Running back is the easiest position to play on offense. WRs and TEs need to understand the plays or they will cause turnovers and ruin the ENTIRE offenses ability to execute. We have a rookie QB, he is looking good because the rest of the offense is performing well.

Someone said he was having trouble still learning the plays during practice.

If the coaching staff didn't see Egnew having potential then he would already have been cut. Good things sometimes take time. At 6'5" with good hands, (he also excelled at the Combine), he can be a decent target for Tannehill. The coaching staff know what they are doing. Don't rush to judgement.

Egnew doesn't have to become Gronkowski by next week. We drafted him and planned on coaching him for awhile. He'll be ok. Not next week though! He's got good hands and size. He'll be a red zone target before long. Give him some time...
Well that's a valid point, but giving him some playing experience on his rookie season is what I would expect of a 3rd round TE.
It's week 6 and looks unprepared yet. Let's hope he can get a few of valuable plays after the bye week.

I am not surprised that he is not playing this year because he is a rookie, but I just hate his attitude. On Hard Knocks, it seemed like he couldn't focus and doesn't know what he is doing out there.

The MO on Agnew on draft day was, he was more about wide receiver tight then a blocking tight end. The draft gurus from both ESPN and NFL.com said it would take a year of putting on muscle for him to play as a true NFL tight end. Based on that, and his lack of maturity shown on hard knocks, I would say you won't see him, this year, unless injuries decimate the depth chart.

I for one am willing to give this coaching staff the benefit of the doubt on their judgments at this time.
This thread is about Miami Dolphins TE Michael Egnew not former Miami Dolphins CB Vince Agnew[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]:crazy:.

By the way Agnew is playing in Canada for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Sorry bout that, I normally use dictation software due to my disability (spinal injury) and it often gets similiar words wrong. But I figure it was close enough, of course I was referring to Egnew.

I don't know about his attitude, but he sure seemed like an enormous, what's that all girl Russian punk band called? :d-day: :chuckle:

After one of those many drops in preseason he was punching the floor when he was down there.

He looked just like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum :boohoo:

according to Omar

This is how Dolphins coach Joe Philbin broke down rookie TE Michael Egnew's development.
"He’s making progress....The system in Missouri was a little bit different. Obviously, he was a very productive college player and we’re hopeful that he can make the transition to the Miami Dolphin offense sooner as opposed to later. But we’re seeing development," Philbin said. "He’s got to be able to play a little more inline. He didn’t do a whole lot of that at Missouri and he’s starting to get used to having his hand down in a three-point stance, being involved in pass protection and more involved in the run blocking than he’s ever been as well as the route running aspects of it. We’re seeing progress.”

Sorry bout that, I normally use dictation software due to my disability (spinal injury) and it often gets similar words wrong. But I figure it was close enough, of course I was referring to Egnew.
Don't get me wrong, I was kidding. Of course I understood it was a mere typo.

Have a nice day!

Give the guy a break. It is his 1st year. The same was being said about Reshad Jones in 2010/11.
Now look at him in his 3rd year.

No patience with this fan base at all. Its all about instant gratification even though he is a 3rd round pick.

Welcome to the Microwave Generation.

When it comes to the assumption that because a guy isn't playing must mean he's struggling, to me these offensive coaches lost the benefit of the doubt by continuing to put Legedu Naanee out on the field.

That's not a big deal, but whenever it comes to one of these questions like...why isn't Egnew on the field oh he must suck, or why isn't Rishard Matthews on the field oh he must suck...I'm just saying I do not connect those A's to B's. I stay neutral.

Back
Top Bottom