Any optimists still out there? | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any optimists still out there?

Nope not at all and I believe this entire coaching staff should be fired.
Since you don't know how to read.

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Wild since we did this year, lol. Guess there are people who were born yesterday.
Some just feel the need to push things to the limit. I warned him twice, 3 strikes, and you're out. Must be a Bills fan in disguise... :shrug:

Stats that tend to be predictive of better next seasons:

We were the only playoff team in the bottom 10 in turnover differential. ( tends to regress, lots of randomness).

We were 8th in DVOA and EPA differential - which would add up to better than a 9-8 record and has been historically predictive for improvement.

** And my own stat (as far as I know - I'm sure it's out there somewhere else also) - **Record based on Net yards per play.** Team with more net yards per play get the win for purposes of this stat. We were 12-5 last year. Really good. I believe this is a good stat for judging teams. I'm biased for calling "my stat" (probably isn't), but whatever.

Figured I'd put this in the optimists thread.

I thought the injuries to the secondary may buy hi one more year. That said, fans have no idea of the relationship between Mcd/Boyer or that of players/Boyer. Not disappointed to see him gone and looking forward to the identity of his replacement.

Remember when our DL was lining up offsides for like 3 plays in a row and McDaniel had to go over to Boyer and say, get that ****ing **** handled!? McDaniel was probably thinking WTF, lol!

Seriously though, I am still very optimistic because I believe another year in our offense will really pay dividends. The core is there, but I expect there to be tweaks, especially at TE and the type of player we have there. Sure, McDaniel needs to get better but considering it was his first year and we had a turnstile at QB, I think he did pretty well holding it together. I think he is smart and will adjust. Honestly, I can't wait to see what he has in store for next year. If we can upgrade our DC and get our defense (and ST) back on track, we could be in the mix post-season. There is still a lot to be excited about around here. Let's go!

Back
Top Bottom