Any safeties in the draft that could be the next Polamalu? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any safeties in the draft that could be the next Polamalu?

WvFinFan

Starter
Reaction score
Do you guys think any of the safeties coming out this year play like Polamalu?
He was drafted really close to #16 so it would be nice to get a guy like that. I am not really familier with the defensive class this year so give me the scoop on the guys?

Any safeties in the draft that could be the next Polamalu
If you were implying that he was the best safety in football

Give me Reed any day of the week

Ko Simpson Safety from South Carolina.

It is totally rocking of a player. Do a search on him and all.

IMO i do not think Saban would allow a player such as Polamaoloououo to run all around the secondary aimlessly as he does sometimes. He can lay a nice hit on someone, he is quick and he has leadership qualities but i feel he is a bit overrated.

I feel Huff could be twice the Polamalu

huff won't be around when we pic. he's the top cb/s is the draft

Polamalu misses a lot of assignments and is burned frequently but he does make big and great plays often enough to offset that.

Huff would be the closest thing although Huff isn't as good of a tackler that Polamalu is he is a better coverage guy.

Havent heard of anyone are you kidding me this is the year of the Defense with all these great corners and safetys by the way not to mention the year of the amazing Crop of Tight Ends around 10 to 15 are looking to fit the gates/mcmichael mold.

Corners/ Safetys: Top 5 of each in my opinion and to most.

Corners

1. Jimmy Williams - VT (40)- 4.40 Pro- Tall 6'2 Con- Awareness
2. Ashton Youboty - Ohio State Pro- Tall 6'1 and quick Con-Blocking
3. Tye Hill- Clemson (40) 4.30 Pro- Fast Con- small at 5'9
4. Antonio Cromartie - Florida State Pro- Size at 6'2 202lbs Con- health
5. Kelly Jennings - Miami (40) 4.40 Pro - size and coverage skills Con- Weak

late round great pick up in Demario Minter out of Georgia

Safetys

1. Michael Huff - Texas (40) 4.40 Pro- Versatile- Corner and Safety and Size Con- Awarness
2. Darnell Bing - USC Pro- Big Saftey with Polamalu type of intensity Con- lacks technical skills at the position
3. Ko Simpson - South Carolina Pro- Size and speed Con- Recognition
4. Pat Watkins - Florida State (4) 4.50 Pro- Rare Size of 6'4 and 205lbs very impressive stature for a safety Con- Needs to bulk up and not a vocal leader
5. Greg Blue- Georgia (40) 4.45 Pro - Size and speed Con -Lacks initial insticts

Hope this helps and i hope we get at least 1 maybe even 2

i definately think polomalo is quite overrated too. he does make some good plays but half the time he over pursues or gets burned but people just see the good plays he makes even with his wreckless abandon.

finally! more people that think TP is overrated! i didnt know that more of us exsisted!

Back
Top Bottom