Any safeties in the draft that could be the next Polamalu? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any safeties in the draft that could be the next Polamalu?

nick1 said:
Hope at SS and Simpson at FS would be great. the DBs would be much improved

I would be so happy if we could pull that off. I dont think we'd give up too many big plays, or get burnt like we did last year

well so much for Hope he's with the Titans now, the Titans seem to be doing a good job this FA

whitner is probably the most like Polamalu, good tackler, fast(not quite the range), and not great in coverage. not that means anything.

miadfins said:
whitner is probably the most like Polamalu, good tackle, fast(not quite the range), and not great in coverage. not that means anything.
Finally, I don't know how anyone can put Darnell Bing ahead of Donte Whitner. I don't know much about Ko Simpson, but I know that Donte Whitner can flat out knock anyone out. And he's projected to be a first rounder as well.

miadfins said:
whitner is probably the most like Polamalu, good tackle, fast(not quite the range), and not great in coverage. not that means anything.
HUH?? Whitner is much faster then Palamalu and was the better of the Ohio State safeties in coverage.

Geforce said:
HUH?? Whitner is much faster then Palamalu and was the better of the Ohio State safeties in coverage.
yea whitner is might be straight line faster the polamalu but polamalu covers more ground on the football field. he is good in coverage but not great for an nfl safety. i like whitner and would like a chance to take him.

i highly doubt well get huff but if we dont theres nothing wrong with Lance we should re sign him

andysanchelima said:
i highly doubt well get huff but if we dont theres nothing wrong with Lance we should re sign him
Except for those long TD passes he gave up late in the year to some TEs, you're right, there's nothing wrong with him. Those can be corrected and I agree we should try to resign him.

LIQUID24 said:
Polamalu ran a 4.37 on his Pro Day. Whitner is listed as running a 4.37 and 4.39.
Thanks for the time on Palamalu...looks like I have to update my stats on him.

Back
Top Bottom