any truth to the rumor | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any truth to the rumor

What happened to Plan A?

Not sure about any "rumor" regarding Harrington ... but there WAS a Game Plan a few months back - remember? Saban grabbed Joey Harrington for the purpose of starting the season. That's what they told him when they brought him to Miami - that Culpepper was not ready.

Palm Beach Post: Dolphins should return to Plan A!l

"Harrington was supposed to be more than just an insurance policy, remember. He was supposed to be the Dolphins' starting - that's starting - quarterback until Culpepper worked his way back from the ravages of a wicked knee injury .... Instead, there was Culpepper rushing the plan and convincing the Dolphins he was ready to go in the pre-season opener Aug. 12."

I and many others agreed. Now the Team has made a terrible mistake which could wind up blowing the season, IMHO. Seems like they're running the Team like a high school popularity contest with the Media in control.

And just think - Harrington had serious talks with Kansas City among a half dozen other teams. He'd be playing right now in KC. As Aikman said last Thanksgiving, he's a starting quality QB and wants to start for a decent team finally. Saban talked him into coming to Miami with the idea (promise?) that he'd see playing time. If I'm Joey right now - I'm getting a bit frustrated on the bench watching another guy stumble and fumble on a bad knee, just because he's been crowned "fan favorite" and "savior" by the press.

He didnt have a good stats or wins in Detroit. And everybody knows no one can come to a new team and turn it around. I bet if you look in the NFL history books you would find that no QB has ever been traded to a new team and had more success there.

One thing that bothers me is that everyone was talking about how our QB Depth is so much improved this season, but the second anyone starts talking about JH actually playing, about a hundred D-bags come out of the woodwork talking about how bad he is. Isnt this the reason we brought him in as insurance in case Dulpepper didnt work out?

littlemarino said:
He didnt have a good stats or wins in Detroit. And everybody knows no one can come to a new team and turn it around. I bet if you look in the NFL history books you would find that no QB has ever been traded to a new team and had more success there.

One thing that bothers me is that everyone was talking about how our QB Depth is so much improved this season, but the second anyone starts talking about JH actually playing, about a hundred D-bags come out of the woodwork talking about how bad he is. Isnt this the reason we brought him in as insurance in case Dulpepper didnt work out?

You say that, but yet you criticize C-Pep. He was traded here.Do you just not like C-Pep at all??? I mean your so anti C-Pep on all your post about him. Do you honestly believe that Joey can out play him??????

I'm not bashing you, just want to know why you are so against Daunte after 3 games.

icephinfan said:
You say that, but yet you criticize C-Pep. He was traded here.Do you just not like C-Pep at all??? I mean your so anti C-Pep on all your post about him. Do you honestly believe that Joey can out play him??????

I'm not bashing you, just want to know why you are so against Daunte after 3 games.
\

I like C-pep the person, he seems like a good guy, I also liked to watch him in Minn. because he was entertaining. He can throw the long ball, make great runs and shake off would be tacklers. However He makes so many mistakes that I always said it would be hard to watch my team with this guy. Now we have him and he is not giving us really any of his good attributes to take with the bad. I mean if the guy was scoring 4 touchdowns a game and having 3 turnovers that would be a lot easier to take. And I honestly think Joey could run OUR offense more efficiently than PEP. Just because he is more of a prototypical QB. Dante is a monster of an athlete, and if he was playing like one I would no doubt be getting my roll on as we speak. I think it is time to igive our insurance policy a shot. Either way Im gonna be the same crazy fan I am every sunday. GO FINS

littlemarino said:
\

I like C-pep the person, he seems like a good guy, I also liked to watch him in Minn. because he was entertaining. He can throw the long ball, make great runs and shake off would be tacklers. However He makes so many mistakes that I always said it would be hard to watch my team with this guy. Now we have him and he is not giving us really any of his good attributes to take with the bad. I mean if the guy was scoring 4 touchdowns a game and having 3 turnovers that would be a lot easier to take. And I honestly think Joey could run OUR offense more efficiently than PEP. Just because he is more of a prototypical QB. Dante is a monster of an athlete, and if he was playing like one I would no doubt be getting my roll on as we speak. I think it is time to igive our insurance policy a shot. Either way Im gonna be the same crazy fan I am every sunday. GO FINS

I totally hear ya. I personally think the O-Line is the problem, I mean when the protection is there, he makes nice passes and accurate ones at that.If Joey goes in, I think he would encounter the same problems, with no protection our QB's are ineffective.

icephinfan said:
I totally hear ya. I personally think the O-Line is the problem, I mean when the protection is there, he makes nice passes and accurate ones at that.If Joey goes in, I think he would encounter the same problems, with no protection our QB's are ineffective.

The line might be below average. but NFL QB has to make such quick decisions. I really wish he would look at his primary reciever, then the tight end, and if niether are open, run every time. I think the more he runs the more comfortable he will get and that might make defenses more off balence. I dont know if the line is giving him enough time to do that. but it might work, It seemed like the threat of the run made him a lot more Dangerous with the vikes. without it he plays like a shell of himself in some ways.

littlemarino said:
The line might be below average. but NFL QB has to make such quick decisions. I really wish he would look at his primary reciever, then the tight end, and if niether are open, run every time. I think the more he runs the more comfortable he will get and that might make defenses more off balence. I dont know if the line is giving him enough time to do that. but it might work, It seemed like the threat of the run made him a lot more Dangerous with the vikes. without it he plays like a shell of himself in some ways.

True, but I think the knee injury is still in the back of his head. I mean when he scrambles it looks like he is in slow motion, and we know the C-Pep can run.
I just hope the O-Line will protect him more so he can hit the recievers down field, instead of all the dump passes.

icephinfan said:
True, but I think the knee injury is still in the back of his head. I mean when he scrambles it looks like he is in slow motion, and we know the C-Pep can run.
I just hope the O-Line will protect him more so he can hit the recievers down field, instead of all the dump passes.

This is what really bugs me. I jst dont think of Pep as a true pocket passer, or a pure passer for that matter. He always used his legs to make plays and keep defenses off balence because they had to respect the QB run. I just dont know what leads people to believe he is gonna still be proficient playing a very different style in a new offence. I mean no wonder the guy looks uncomfortable. thats why I say we think of him as an investment, let heal heal and see what JH can do. I don't no why but I think Miami might be the place JH can turn it around. He has shown flashes of greatness at Detroit, but I think in a llimited role he could really do his thing here. He might come in and be terrible. Im a positive thinker so I want to give him a chance.

littlemarino said:
This is what really bugs me. I jst dont think of Pep as a true pocket passer, or a pure passer for that matter. He always used his legs to make plays and keep defenses off balence because they had to respect the QB run. I just dont know what leads people to believe he is gonna still be proficient playing a very different style in a new offence. I mean no wonder the guy looks uncomfortable. thats why I say we think of him as an investment, let heal heal and see what JH can do. I don't no why but I think Miami might be the place JH can turn it around. He has shown flashes of greatness at Detroit, but I think in a llimited role he could really do his thing here. He might come in and be terrible. Im a positive thinker so I want to give him a chance.

Joey has definetly shown good signs here, when he played in the pre-season. I just hope if he does go in, it will be for the best and not worst. My concern is the O-line, I know I have said it alot but without good pass protection, we don't have productive yards. I feel bad when I see C-Pep get caught from behind by a D-lineman. Who knows man, maybe Joey will get in the game if C-Pep continues to struggle. This game will be an eye opener, due to the fact that the Texans have allowed teams to run and pass on them. We shall see.

icephinfan said:
Joey has definetly shown good signs here, when he played in the pre-season. I just hope if he does go in, it will be for the best and not worst. My concern is the O-line, I know I have said it alot but without good pass protection, we don't have productive yards. I feel bad when I see C-Pep get caught from behind by a D-lineman. Who knows man, maybe Joey will get in the game if C-Pep continues to struggle. This game will be an eye opener, due to the fact that the Texans have allowed teams to run and pass on them. We shall see.

Well, every teams game plan is going to be pressure DC, Make him uncomfortable, test his knee. Thats no secret, and it is putting added pressure on our line and defenses are sending more blitsers. You here of QB's talking about beating the blits by going over the top. I think if DC does that a couple of times some Pressure will be off the line and we can let ronnie run and have a welled oiled offence that everydody wants to see. I not a Negative Guy but I just don't think DC is ready to do it yet. I will be watching intently tho.

Harrington

DoggPhin said:
Not sure about any "rumor" regarding Harrington ... but there WAS a Game Plan a few months back - remember? Saban grabbed Joey Harrington for the purpose of starting the season. That's what they told him when they brought him to Miami - that Culpepper was not ready.

Palm Beach Post: Dolphins should return to Plan A!l

"Harrington was supposed to be more than just an insurance policy, remember. He was supposed to be the Dolphins' starting - that's starting - quarterback until Culpepper worked his way back from the ravages of a wicked knee injury .... Instead, there was Culpepper rushing the plan and convincing the Dolphins he was ready to go in the pre-season opener Aug. 12."

I and many others agreed. Now the Team has made a terrible mistake which could wind up blowing the season, IMHO. Seems like they're running the Team like a high school popularity contest with the Media in control.

And just think - Harrington had serious talks with Kansas City among a half dozen other teams. He'd be playing right now in KC. As Aikman said last Thanksgiving, he's a starting quality QB and wants to start for a decent team finally. Saban talked him into coming to Miami with the idea (promise?) that he'd see playing time. If I'm Joey right now - I'm getting a bit frustrated on the bench watching another guy stumble and fumble on a bad knee, just because he's been crowned "fan favorite" and "savior" by the press.

I couldn't agree more.

Back
Top Bottom