Any Updates On Dustin Keller? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Updates On Dustin Keller?

no team will sign him till after Week 1 when the contracts aren't guaranteed.

Keller's NFL career is probably over

At his age, and the severity of that injury, I have to agree.

Read an article or a Twitter post (can't remember) a few weeks ago that said that Hickey has been in touch with Keller's agent. My thought is they will wait until after the draft and see how he is progressing. If we don't draft a TE, I would expect we resign him to a one-year deal if he is healthy. Would love to have him back.

May have been both.

Barry Jackson's Sports Buzz
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...aluation-from-philbin-heat-marlins-items.html
### Philbin wouldn’t rule out re-signing Dustin Keller. Hickey said he has spoken to Keller’s agent (Eugene Parker) but wouldn’t say if he wants Keller back.

“He’s one of those guys we’re evaluating and considering like a lot of other free agents out there,” Philbin said. “We’ll see.”

Armando on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/448480924909711360
Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero

Dennis Hickey says the Dolphins have had conversations with Dustin Keller's agent.

If we don't draft a TE, have to at least take a look at Keller over Egnew. He is likely to get the minimum this year.

Dustin is a good player who got cheap shoted last year if he's 100% healthy sign him to 1 year deal

tannehills bad pass got him hurt in my opinion same with gibson.

I hope that Keller is healthy enough to come back but I don't think that we can bank on it. I expect that we draft a TE in the first 4 rounds or we draft a very big WR to be the seam threat. We have a lot more pressing needs but we will know a lot more after the draft. However, if by a miracle of medicine, Keller is progressing well, we mightn't need to spend that draft pick.

Dude has always been injured. Clay and Keller are the same player. Draft another TE and develope Sims.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I would love to see the team bring him back, whether or not we draft a seam busting TE threat.

Egnew and Sims aren't doing it for me.

Just draft someone to be a seam threat. Why give him a prove it deal when we did that last year??? What did he prove??? He proved he can't stay healthy and that injury probably ruined his career. I'd take a 21 or 22 year old rookie with speed over an aging vet that will never be the same as before that injury. Pray for Ebron to be at #19 cause he's the seam threat we need.

Dude has always been injured. Clay and Keller are the same player. Draft another TE and develope Sims. Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
They're not. A healthy Dustin Keller is twice the player Charles Clay is. It's also wrong that Keller has always been injured. His first four seasons he had played all games before getting injured as a Jet midway through the 2012 season. The knee injury in 2013 was hardly his fault, everyone's knee would have been shredded with that hit.

isn't he a FA

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

you need to take that back, Keller is a good player, but clay proved that he belongs last season, I never seen Keller do what clay did last season.

I don't think he will be worth much of anything this season. Keller relied on speed. A knee injury like that has to eliminate some if not all of his speed. He might also be a bit timid. I would start from scratch with someone else.

So the db going low and hitting Keller in the knee had nothing to do with it?

im not saying that what im saying is, as a qb you should never put your receiver in a position to get popped as soon as he catches it. tannehill does this all the time, hes young, but thats not the point. my point is, YES tannehill is the main reason keller got hurt, im not so definitive on gibson i dont remeber the play that well.

im not saying that what im saying is, as a qb you should never put your receiver in a position to get popped as soon as he catches it. tannehill does this all the time, hes young, but thats not the point. my point is, YES tannehill is the main reason keller got hurt, im not so definitive on gibson i dont remeber the play that well.

Gibson jumped. Straight up. That's it.

Watch any QB in the league though. Sometimes they all have to put the ball in an area where the WR takes a hit. It's football, hits happen. Cheap shots are different. Keller got hit by a cheap shot.

isn't he a FA

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

you need to take that back, Keller is a good player, but clay proved that he belongs last season, I never seen Keller do what clay did last season.

I don't think anyone can sign him unless he passes a physical

Back
Top Bottom