Any way that we keep Ellerbe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any way that we keep Ellerbe?

BAdkins159

Active Roster
Reaction score
The dude hasn't been great but what else is out there besides maybe Perryman in the draft?

I hope he restructures... he may place nice behind Suh

I was thinking the same. Hope they work something out for a reduced rate actually. OLB is his natural position, correct?

I'm with a couple of you guys I hope he stays thought he got a raw deal last year & was expecting an improvement this year then he got hurt in the 1st game. His contract is terrible but I think if we can make it work he's worth keeping. MUCH better than Wheeler.

I have to be honest, I think Ellerbe kind of took a lot of heat because he gets lumped in with Wheeler but I thought he was and still can be a good player. He played out of position for us. If he restructures I'm very ok keeping him

He won't take the kind of pay cut he needs to get... You just have to cut your losses and move on.

i say he has one chance to restructure or hes out the door

There's a good reason Ellerbe hasn't been released yet (or even seen lately).

tumblr_m0jjzsF8QZ1qcuxfvo1_500.gif

I think Ellerbe is worth investigating whereas Wheeler was addition by subtraction.

Ellerbe, Misi, Jenkins is solid. I think you mix in McCain and even Jordan as situational and we're looking real good.

A restructure vs June 1st cut would actually probably save us more money towards the 2015 cap. If you got him at 3 yrs $12 million you still save a ton of cap money for all three years ($10 million over the 3 years). He might find he is better off taking the money we owe him and hitting the open market though. His health is also a question I suppose.

With Suh, I can see maybe movi9ng him back to MLB. He could actually be the best available option, at a reduction or a 1 year prove it deal.

There's a good reason Ellerbe hasn't been released yet (or even seen lately).

tumblr_m0jjzsF8QZ1qcuxfvo1_500.gif

I did that to a dead frozen goose once, some douchebag shot one and left it in my buddies brand new freezer and never told anyone. It didn't even slow the chipper shredder down lol.

Back
Top Bottom