Any way that we keep Ellerbe? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any way that we keep Ellerbe?

I keep saying - he's a good player. He was OK for us his first year and made some impact plays had a couple INTs. One of best friends is a Ravens fan - they loved him there - he's legit. Restructure him at 25%-33% and then its all good.

There were plenty of games where Ellerbe was worse than Wheeler.

But restructuring him takes the heat off a little bit, if not enough to be comfortable we have a viable Mike.

Ellerbe on the cheap, I'm ok with. From what I remember, he was never terrible, just not really amazing or impactful and obviously not worth his huge contract.
But with Suh on the team now, I think things will change. He may see a big increase in ability to help stop the run now that lanes will be closing for RB's, and/or even focus on coverage some more.
He's also great insurance in-case Misi goes down, who tends to get injured pretty frequently.
I'd have to imagine the guy doesn't want to fizzle out of the NFL at this point in his career, especially after going on IR. I bet he plays hard to earn his cash back.

I almost wish we could play a 4-4 defense so we could have Ellerbe on the edge, Jenkins and Misi in the middle, and Jordan/McCain on the other side so we can funnel runs inside and still provide good intermediate coverage. Ellerbe/Jenkins/Misi/Jordan with OV/Mitchell/Suh/Wake on the line and Grimes/Jones/ Taylor in the secondary.

Playing with only 3 DB's in a pass happy league sounds like a recipe for trouble to me.

Thats why we play off so hard, we are banking on the fact that our pressure is going to cause an errant throw and we have small quick twich corners to pick it off

Back
Top Bottom