Any word on Henne or White for#2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Henne or White for#2

Once the 3rd or emergency QB goes in you can not put the #1 or #2 back in. I never heard of them being listed as "inactive" unless they are not suited up though. I don't know what it all means, was Henne on the sidelines suited up? Anyone see him?

I know a few years Back the Steelers starting WR was their #3 or emergency QB, they mentioned that every game seamed like.

Yes, Henne was on the sidelines suited up. The 3rd string QB is eligible to play but is still considered inactive and it frees up a spot. Last year, Beck was always suited up, but was inactive. You can play him in the 4th quarter, or earlier, however if you play earlier, #1 and #2 can't go back in. It can backfire on you.

Put it like this . . . If Pennington cannot continue . . . Henne goes in, but that also shelves White, unless Henne gets hurt.

The WildCat didn't stop the momentum.

THE 4 FUMBLES, & 1 INT DID. Especially the Fasano fumbles, they happened on the tail end of 2 scoring drives. Don't blame White, he's just getting his snaps, they're priming him...hate it or love it. I love it because he gives us a good chance to win. Whether you like his style or not.

THE 4 FUMBLES, & 1 INT DID. Especially the Fasano fumbles, they happened on the tail end of 2 scoring drives. Don't blame White, he's just getting his snaps, they're priming him...hate it or love it. I love it because he gives us a good chance to win. Whether you like his style or not.

3 fumbles, not 4. It was bad enough, don't make it worse than it was :up:

That remains to be seen.

I'm not so sure i like it because it gets away from the basics, the basic running formations, the basic running plays. Messing around with WildCat trickery is wasting downs and possessions in which we could be giving the ball to our proven solid backs Williams and Brown.

I think the WildCat should be used only in the Red Zone.

That remains to be seen.

I'm not so sure i like it because it gets away from the basics, the basic running formations, the basic running plays. Messing around with WildCat trickery is wasting downs and possessions in which we could be giving the ball to our proven solid backs Williams and Brown.

I think the WildCat should be used only in the Red Zone.
Wow! The wildcat is run by Ronnie Brown who then has the option to hand Ricky the ball... YOU! my friend, make no sense...

I just can not get over all these little myths that people create about this team...

The Wildcat slows down our offense

Henne is not being developed because he is the emergency QB

Pennington is more at fault for the loss more than the collective turnovers and poor offensive line play

rrrright

What game were you watching?? Our offence is horrible!!! We cant run the ball.. penny wont throw deep and all we do is dink the ball for 5 yards throws.. DONT blame the wildcat when it saved us last year.. And yes the fumbels and INT stopped us.. not white!!!

Lack of execution is the demise of our offense right now not because Pennington cant throw the ball 50-60 yards down the field, or that Pat White comes in for a couple plays.

Turnovers and lack of execution is the problem yet everyone else needs to mask our problems and blame it on some sort of bias they have towards issues such as Pennington and the Wildcat.

They kicked Gruden out of practice. They kicked all media out of practice so no one could "leak" any info about gameplanning for Indy.
well that explains why we don't know who #2 is then, this new regime likes keeping our gameplan close to the chest...I like that...keeps the opponents guessing!:up:

Anybody hoping that Pennington is the #2?? Maybe not the best week with Mathis and Freeny.

Seriously, if they didn't learn last week that putting White at #2 paints them into a corner they are idiots. Nothing against White (although I don't want to see his style QB at the reins of the Dolphins) but why don't they just list him as another position like RB and be done with it.

I don't know the rules and I've made no effort to figure out what the "emergency QB" rule is, BUT, the coaching staff is a BUNCH OF IDIOTS because they have Henne as that aforementioned "emergency QB" that I know nothing about, instead of White who is OBVIOUSLY better suited for whatever role it happens to be.

What the hell difference does it make if Henne is the #2 QB, if the front office has no intentions of playing him?

let me just clear up this emergency QB stuff for some folks in this thread...

an NFL team can only dress 45 players for game day, leaving 8 players inactive... the emergency QB rule was supposed to help this... if you designate a QB as an emergency QB, he acts like an inactive player, but he still dresses and he can play... if he plays before the 4th qtr the 1st 2 QBs cant come back in anymore, if he plays in the 4th, the other guys can still come into the game at anytime... it can be a coaches decision to bring in the emergency QB, it is not dictated by injury...

now if you designate an emergency QB, you only have to have 7 other players inactive... but if you dont, you still have to have 8 inactives... so if you make Henne the number 2 QB, and Pat White as a WR or QB or anything but the emergency QB, you still have 8 other players you have to designate as inactive, and last week we already had most of our Oline depth as inactive, Wake a big pass rusher, etc... its tough to find inactives, and not having an emergency QB takes another important player off the field for the game...

IMO it will be Henne because if Pennington struggles i wouldnt be suprised if they put henne in

Back
Top Bottom