Any word on J. Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on J. Allen

The Aqua Crush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything, or seen a thread beyond opinions. Anyone know how he's been progressing at Saftey during this last week of practises?

Any sort of realistic prediction when he may become a starter, I heard he was on SP during the Pitt. game but didn't see much of him?

Just an area of interest as we seen our secondary needs some skill injected.

He is struggling on ST's and last week said he was a baby and needed to learn to crawl before he could walk. Saban needs to go ahead and take his stroller away and tell him to put his pacifire in his mouth, strap a little man on him and hit the feild.

BTW if our secondary don't show nothing this week then it couldn't hurt to put him in and I would hate to predict right now but I sure hope he gets some starts or at least gets on the feild on something besides kick offs and KO coverage.

Thanks G-Force, not the best news, but i agree, if our secondary can't get on the same page we need to give him a shot. A first round pick should not take a large portion of the season to get his feet wet.

but thanks for your update, much appreciated.

I hope Loserman shows his last year form when passing this week. Although our secondary is weaker than most, a good outing against a suspect qb could be what the doctor ordered in terms of confidence.

it cant get any worse, all i gotta say, throw that 1st round pick in. he aint going to do any worse then tillman.

The Aqua Crush said:
Thanks G-Force, not the best news, but i agree, if our secondary can't get on the same page we need to give him a shot. A first round pick should not take a large portion of the season to get his feet wet.

but thanks for your update, much appreciated.
Of course the way I stated it wasn't the exact quote. Saban also said it would take him a while to get to where he would feel comfortable playing him. The article was in the Palm Beach Post if you want to check the archives. I heaven't heard of any updates since though. I would get the page for you but I can't ever get them damn things right.

hes not good enough to play in our very average secondary. but dont worry people on this site will tell you hes a stud just like they did jamar fletcher a few years ago:sidelol:

jbyrd423 said:
hes not good enough to play in our very average secondary. but dont worry people on this site will tell you hes a stud just like they did jamar fletcher a few years ago:sidelol:
I didn't like the pick and hate what he has done in holding out and not contributing but it's a little early. I will say he wasn't worth the 16th overall and we should have got someone that could contribute immediately though. He definantly wasn't worth holding out longer than anyone except Leinart and the team giving in to his demands.

jbyrd423 said:

hes played less football in the past year than Daunte Culpepper and got into camp real late. gezus, give him a break.

****, Sean Taylor couldnt break this secondary if he was in this situation. in fact, his first year, he didnt start over bad safeties in Washington from the get go either.

some of yalls football knowledge(or lack there of) is seriously mislead.

G-Force said:
Of course the way I stated it wasn't the exact quote. Saban also said it would take him a while to get to where he would feel comfortable playing him. The article was in the Palm Beach Post if you want to check the archives. I heaven't heard of any updates since though. I would get the page for you but I can't ever get them damn things right.

I'll tell ya, the news archive at the Dolphins site is pretty awesome and the transcripts are easy to speed read for quotes.

Nappy Roots said:
hes played less football in the past year than Daunte Culpepper and got into camp real late. gezus, give him a break.

****, Sean Taylor couldnt break this secondary if he was in this situation. in fact, his first year, he didnt start over bad safeties in Washington from the get go either.

some of yalls football knowledge(or lack there of) is seriously mislead.
A situation brought upon by himself. As you said he missed almost his whole senior year and we gambled in taking him. He and his agaent then thought that since we were so hard up for secondary help they would suck us dry. An unproven rook coming off of major hip surgery is worth what they demanded?:shakeno:

G-Force said:
A situation brought upon by himself. As you said he missed almost his whole senior year and we gambled in taking him. He and his agaent then thought that since we were so hard up for secondary help they would suck us dry. An unproven rook coming off of major hip surgery is worth what they demanded?:shakeno:

once again, you have no clue what your talkin about.

he asked for 16th overall pick money, which is where he was picked. he wanted his market value, the dolphins refused it. its obvious to anyone who actually paid attention and didnt just look to blame the player for being "greedy".

the dolphins wanted to play hard ball and it hurt no one but them.

Personally .. Im disappointed in J.Allen... Not that I care about him starting. But i would like to seem get a little more playing time. The fact Saban thinks he needs more time before he feels comfortable playing him makes me think he's not picking up Sabans system more than him not having talent. He shouldnt have held out those few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom