Any word on negotiations with Soliai?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on negotiations with Soliai??

zackmandude63

Poconos Phinatic!
Reaction score
Dude was the beast this season, and I really hope we can sign him to sure up our NT position....any word on how the negotiations are going?

This is from a few weeks ago.

"Canter admitted that he was disappointed the Dolphins did not offered Soliai an extension during the season, but insists that they are definitely on the fourth-year pro’s radar.
“I will always continue to negotiate with the Miami Dolphins,” he said, “because at the end of the day I live here and want to keep Paul on the team. And he loves the Dolphins and wants to stay. But the numbers have to work.”

Link~ http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/dolphins-nt-soliai-in-high-demand/

This is from a few weeks ago.

"Canter admitted that he was disappointed the Dolphins did not offered Soliai an extension during the season, but insists that they are definitely on the fourth-year pro’s radar.
“I will always continue to negotiate with the Miami Dolphins,” he said, “because at the end of the day I live here and want to keep Paul on the team. And he loves the Dolphins and wants to stay. But the numbers have to work.”

Link~ http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/dolphins-nt-soliai-in-high-demand/

Thanks...I hope they can get the deal done!

We're kind of retarded if we don't get a deal done.. that's a huge hole filled (literally) with Soliai here. Need all the picks for offense that we can get.

If we don't get this done no fast food chain in Miami will support us next year

Considering how much perception there was that we need to bring in a NT last year or in this year's draft, I have to say it's relieving that this position has been filled and we don't need to focus on that position for FA or the draft this year. Obviously they need to get him signed first, but I would be flabbergasted if they didn't sign him. It's not often you find a run stuffing NT and these guys usually take a few years to develop anyway. When you have one that has developed, you make sure to hold on to them.

Draft offense, sign offense in FA, QB, 2 RB's, TE, 2 interior lineman (2 guards or a guard and center). Those 2 lineman will need to start so make sure you at least get 1 in FA (PLEASE GET MANKINS).

There's no reason to not resign him. He is more then capable of being our NT for a very long time. It's not like we would have to break the bank for him. This would be a TRUE headscratcher if he doesn't get resigned. McDaniels too, but not as odd if it doesn't happen.

In a season where we need to revamp the offense, there is no point in creating holes in areas that we are more then fine in. It's one thing to upgrade, but to create a whole??

Considering how much perception there was that we need to bring in a NT last year or in this year's draft, I have to say it's relieving that this position has been filled and we don't need to focus on that position for FA or the draft this year. Obviously they need to get him signed first, but I would be flabbergasted if they didn't sign him. It's not often you find a run stuffing NT and these guys usually take a few years to develop anyway. When you have one that has developed, you make sure to hold on to them.

Draft offense, sign offense in FA, QB, 2 RB's, TE, 2 interior lineman (2 guards or a guard and center). Those 2 lineman will need to start so make sure you at least get 1 in FA (PLEASE GET MANKINS).

I agree. If the whole offseason was devoted to just the O-line I would be ok with that. However, Mankins doesn't seem like it will happen. However, guys like Gallery and Dahl would be nice pickups and upgrades for sure. Dahl/Gallery and TE MIller would be a huge a great FA period for me personally.

Absolutely essential to retain him, we spent the last 4 years developing him and now you'd consider letting him go?

Lets see if the staff can get at least 1 thing right this offseason and resign the guy, he more than deserves it, and was one of the few bright spots this season.

As long as he doesnt want top NT money resign him but breaking the bank for one good year would be quite stupid although would be quite in line with the dolphin offseason

Soliai showed spurts of what he finally put all together on a consistent basis last season his whole short career. Pay the guy, he played like a top NT.

Its like saying not to pay Cam Wake, just because he only had one good season.

Sometimes you just know when these guys are for real, and when they show spurts of that type of play and finally put it all together you better lock them up long term or another team will gladly do so for you.

Soliai is just as important key to our defense as Wake, GET R DONE.

Back
Top Bottom