Any word on negotiations with Soliai?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on negotiations with Soliai??

Soliai showed spurts of what he finally put all together on a consistent basis last season his whole short career. Pay the guy, he played like a top NT.

Its like saying not to pay Cam Wake, just because he only had one good season.

Sometimes you just know when these guys are for real, and when they show spurts of that type of play and finally put it all together you better lock them up long term or another team will gladly do so for you.

Soliai is just as important key to our defense as Wake, GET R DONE.

Wake season almost leading the NFL in sacks was quite differant than Solai's. I would say not to make either one one of the top paid at theier position because one year does not make either one so.

Wake season almost leading the NFL in sacks was quite differant than Solai's. I would say not to make either one one of the top paid at theier position because one year does not make either one so.

There is not a stat for how many double/triple teams a player commands or how much a player clogs a running lane, but if their was you can bet Soliai would have been right towards the tops of those lists.

Its not just a veteran having one great season out of no where, its young still developing players having break out seasons. Guys that have already shown flashes of these talents in previous years but just didnt have it all together yet. Soliai and Wake will only get better, so why not give them good size contracts filled with big money incentives? NT and WOLB make or break a 3-4 defense and we have two pretty darn good ones that are young and still getting better. Lock them up so we can focus on building on the foundation and not always trying to repair it.

There is not a stat for how many double/triple teams a player commands or how much a player clogs a running lane, but if their was you can bet Soliai would have been right towards the tops of those lists.

Its not just a veteran having one great season out of no where, its young still developing players having break out seasons. Guys that have already shown flashes of these talents in previous years but just didnt have it all together yet. Soliai and Wake will only get better, so why not give them good size contracts filled with big money incentives? NT and WOLB make or break a 3-4 defense and we have two pretty darn good ones that are young and still getting better. Lock them up so we can focus on building on the foundation and not always trying to repair it.

Solai has been an up and down player so we have no clue if he can maintain the consistency he put up last season and we lose nothing by not going overboard on Wake esp since he has two more years under contract. We have given much better players than Solai big contracts like Darryl Gardner and once he got the big contract he reverted to his usual lazy self. Lets just not act like Solai is an elite NT although I agree he had a pretty damn good year

Solai has been an up and down player so we have no clue if he can maintain the consistency he put up last season and we lose nothing by not going overboard on Wake esp since he has two more years under contract. We have given much better players than Solai big contracts like Darryl Gardner and once he got the big contract he reverted to his usual lazy self. Lets just not act like Solai is an elite NT although I agree he had a pretty damn good year

Soliai had maturity issues, no doubt, and it was said many times in the past that he doesnt get what it takes to be an NFL player yet. During TC, many players and coaches alike said it seemed like the light has finally come on with Soliai and he is very improved mentally and physically. There is no doubt he showed that exactly during the season and you may not label Soliai elite, but his play this season was elite level play. There isnt a NT in the league that outplayed him this year and thats the truth.

With any player getting a good deal there is risk, but without risk there is no reward. We already know the Starks to NT was a fail, so why create another need when we got a young guy that shows great promise.

If its me, I take my chances on Soliai, he played too good not to. He had too much to do with our defense finishing the 6th best in the NFL, top 3 defense going into the meaningless game we cared not to play against the Pats in week 17.

Soliai had maturity issues, no doubt, and it was said many times in the past that he doesnt get what it takes to be an NFL player yet. During TC, many players and coaches alike said it seemed like the light has finally come on with Soliai and he is very improved mentally and physically. There is no doubt he showed that exactly during the season and you may not label Soliai elite, but his play this season was elite level play. There isnt a NT in the league that outplayed him this year and thats the truth.

With any player getting a good deal there is risk, but without risk there is no reward. We already know the Starks to NT was a fail, so why create another need when we got a young guy that shows great promise.

If its me, I take my chances on Soliai, he played too good not to. He had too much to do with our defense finishing the 6th best in the NFL, top 3 defense going into the meaningless game we cared not to play against the Pats in week 17.

just because our team played like crap did not make it a meaningless game. This game showed the true character of our team. Im all for resigning Solai at a fair price but if wants to be a top paid NT I dont care if we let him walk because one season out of 4 does not earn him that contract but hell we extended and overpaid our coach so why not.

I agree on Solai - played much better but i always get nervous about contract year guys having their best season. If that is what motivates them then fien but you have to do short deals then. You can't give these guys longterm deals because then where is the incentive? Look at Haynesworth. I'm not saying Solai is like that - hopefully he continues to improve. I don't see him top NT at all yet though.

I do think Wake is a major stud! This guy deserves top dollar. He makes plays ALL over the field. This guy is scary good and we need to make sure he is happy period.I'll also say this D does not get to elite without a top end safety. Sorry but while i like YBell he is NOT the answer. He kills us in coverage. I like the looks of RJones - think he could be a stud. He might be a better SS though but unless you find that ball hawking safety it's tough to become a dominating D. Unless of course you have some shut down DB's which are rare to have. As much as i like VDavis he is not a shut down DB - yet. Otherwise you need the safety help over the top and we haven't had that since i can't remember when.

Back
Top Bottom