Any word on Rod and Manny Wright?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Rod and Manny Wright??

MustangFinFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just curious to know if there is any news of Manny Wright, and Rod Wright? Manny played real well his first season here...i heard that Rod was backing up Vonnie Holliday...but i was under the impression that Rod was gonna be utilized at DE. im also wondering about Fred Evans too.

Just curious to know if there is any news of Manny Wright, and Rod Wright? Manny played real well his first season here...i heard that Rod was backing up Vonnie Holliday...but i was under the impression that Rod was gonna be utilized at DE. im also wondering about Fred Evans too.
They participated and Manny even picked off a pass according to posts on here.

Manny reported to minicamp at 345 pounds. About 20 more then he wants to be at. He intercepted a tipped pass yesterday in practice but was gassed after running the ball back. He is currently 3rd team on the depth chart. Rod Wright is getting snaps as a 2nd string DT not DE. Chase Page is listed as the 2nd team left defensive end behind Matt Roth. Fred Evans is said to look pretty quick off the ball and he seems fired up to have a good season. Not much else has been reported on them other then that.

Well, Holliday is a DE in the 3-4, which Rodrique Wright is better suited for.

I hope Manny Wright rebounds. He looked good in 05.

Rod can play either DE in the 3-4 or DT in the 4-3. Perfect for this team. Manny I would think should be able to play NT in the 3-4, but I would think he is in the plans for this team if he works up to his ability.

Wright, it depends how fat he is. In shape he's actually a 3-4 DE but when does that happen, so he's likely a pass rushing nose tackle for us.

well thats all good to know. im glad to see the young guys are doing well...hopefully we dont need to draft a DE or DT in the draft...unless it be a 4-3 DE in the later rounds.

why does mel have us taking okoye?

Because Mel almost exclusively goes by BPA (with only minimal thought about needs). He's basing his opinion on what he saw at the end of last year. Not taking into consideration what we have coming up behind those we lost/cut. I think we will be sitting just fine on the DL this year and possibly have some depth for rotating guys in and keeping them fresh. While I think Okeye is a great potential talent, if he is the BPA at that pick, we will be doing everything we can to move back a few spots and get someone who makes sense at that spot (and that we need) and pick up a pick or two in the process.

I am excited for Fred Evans this year. If the reports are true he is going to be a nice compliment to Traylor this year and should be able to step in next year once Traylor retires. He seems like a character guy that really is excited to be playing football. Could be a steal as far as a 7th round pick in last year's draft!

Manny reported to minicamp at 345 pounds. About 20 more then he wants to be at. He intercepted a tipped pass yesterday in practice but was gassed after running the ball back. He is currently 3rd team on the depth chart. Rod Wright is getting snaps as a 2nd string DT not DE. Chase Page is listed as the 2nd team left defensive end behind Matt Roth. Fred Evans is said to look pretty quick off the ball and he seems fired up to have a good season. Not much else has been reported on them other then that.

Now that's the kind of post I love. Facts and to the point. :)

Manny is bad out of shape

I went to mini-camp Saturday afternoon and Manny Wright is so out of shape he couldn't even bend over during warm-up calisthenics. I would like to the see the young man shape up and do well for the Dolphins and for himself, but I honestly don't think it's going to happen, because it looked to me like his heart is just not in it and we all know that "heart" can make all the difference. "Heart" is what made a pro-bowl linebacker out of someone whom everyone said was too small to play at this level, but had the heart to prove them all worng.

Manny was just going through the motions Saturday. I didn't see the interception, but it had to be pure luck that it was tipped right to him, not because of some effort or hustle on his part.

Back
Top Bottom