Any word on Rod and Manny Wright?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Rod and Manny Wright??

all three will contribute this year with evans emerging as a star

You would think that Manny W. was coming into camp in great shape!!!!

You THINK that he would!!!!! Golden opportunity right in front of you, and what do you do?????? Come in out of shape AGAIN???? I know it's only mini-camp, but come on Manny.

Keep in mind, Tim Bowens was always overweight and out of shape during minicamps. If Manny is still overweight and in bad physical condition when training camp starts then we need to be concerned.

It's April people . . . and he is a big guy. I"m pretty sure coaches talked to him and asked him about his upcomming workout regiment and what kind of shape he feels he needs to be in by TC. Manny still has "what?" about 3 months before TC . . . get off of the man for now . . . July is when we need to be concerned.

Not really criticizing, just observing

As I said in my previous post, I hope Manny will lose weight and shape up, for the good of the team and himself. I'm just afraid he doesn't have the drive, discipline and heart to do it. I say this because of what we all have seen from him the past two years.

At Saturday's mini-camp, he really stood out from the crowd of players because when they bent over to touch their toes, he was the only one whose front jersey number you could still read. He could not hardly bend over at all and seemed to be having trouble even getting to the ground and back up.

This young man has the opportunity of a lifetime and I would hate to see him blow it, for a couple of reasons. One, if he does shape up and get tough and get his head right, he will be a great asset to his team. Secondly, I don't know him at all, but it would be a shame for him to get cut or quit (like he tried to do last year) because I doubt if any other team would want him and what other skills or training does he really have? I ask that because I truly don't know, but I doubt if he could find employment that would pay him like being in the NFL. This is, of course, just my two-cent's worth.

oh i agree...i remember when Manny played his first year...he was drafted in the supplemental draft and STILL was great. i remember him pushing over OL and going right thru people. Manny needs to realize he has the chance of a lifetime. what he needs is to have some assisted living...have a tough a$$ coach live with him and get him into DT shape. he CAN easily be one of the best.

Back
Top Bottom