Anybody else worried about our secondary? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody else worried about our secondary?

Arturo Freeman & Sammy Knight made their fair share of blunders despite the fact that they had 4 INT's a piece. I'm confident that Tillman/Bell & T.Jones will do a good job.

As far as Surtain's replacement, that could be a bit tougher.

yea im a bit worried as well. FS is a position that needs to be filled. Hopefully one of our rookies or veterans on the team can fill it but i think sabans gonna get at least one more FS from June 1st just to make sure. With the new contact rule we r gonna use more zone than we used to so i think our corners will be good enough to do that. Surtain's specialty is man to man and thats not needed anymore.

I think with the attidute of this D we will see someone step up at the 2nd CB. When we let Vincent, and Buckley go we did pretty well with Madison and Surtain. Poole, and Edwards have the epeirince if needed to line up at eiher the slot or out side. THe wild card is Poole stepping up, and taking the starting spot.

Then of course this will not be last year where we line up in the same base D eery down, so the QB picks where he can go with the ball before he takes the snap. A defenisive line can dictate how well their secondary plays. Tampa Bay had moultiple players comming up with a lot of pics, but they were considererd great DBs. MVP DExter Jackson? Abraham leaes as the NFL's leader in INTS over 3 years with Tamps, and has hawked about 3 since he left Tampa.

NoblePhin said:
yea im a bit worried as well. FS is a position that needs to be filled. Hopefully one of our rookies or veterans on the team can fill it but i think sabans gonna get at least one more FS from June 1st just to make sure. With the new contact rule we r gonna use more zone than we used to so i think our corners will be good enough to do that. Surtain's specialty is man to man and thats not needed anymore.

I agree that we will be looking to pick up one more veteran S before camp. Perhaps Saban is waiting to see if anyone else gets released after June 1.

SS:
Tebucky Jones should be solid (and if Bua has been moved here already, he could be a decent back-up)

FS:
Tillman or Bell right now...definitely weak here...I'm hoping for a veteran signing after June 1...if not, perhaps Daniels gets groomed for this spot

CB:
Madison is a very good NFL CB (he was better in the past, but is still in the 2nd tier);
if Poole continues to progress, he should be solid (I'm not sure why he lost 10-12 pounds, though...maybe Madison was hinting that he should be quicker this year);
Howard, Edwards, and Daniels should be decent back-ups

Scheme:
From all accounts we should have much less pressure on the DBs this year: disguised coverages, variety and unpredictability of coverages; much better pressure from the front 7. So, we won't need to be as strong in our secondary as in the past.

Back
Top Bottom