anybody know why chilly wasn't hired... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anybody know why chilly wasn't hired...

BARF

...FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
...the only thing i could think of is that we are stupid

It would have been a complete change in the offense to the west coast. Plus, Childress did make the comment before even talking to Miami that he was leaning towards taking the year off.

With a work stoppage likely, there wouldn't be much time to start the over from scratch. The basic idea of the offense will remain, but will have more of a Patriot type feel with more five wide formations.

Regardless of why. I think that it is best, the last thing this team needs is a coach with getting along with player issues...

It would have been a complete change in the offense to the west coast. Plus, Childress did make the comment before even talking to Miami that he was leaning towards taking the year off.

With a work stoppage likely, there wouldn't be much time to start the over from scratch. The basic idea of the offense will remain, but will have more of a Patriot type feel with more five wide formations.

Do you like this hire (ignore the fans from Cleveland)?

How do we know that Chilly didn't give us a courtesy interview to hear us out? He has no incentive to become our OC especially with the offense in this much flux. You prepared to pay 4 million a year for a coordinator?

Do you like this hire (ignore the fans from Cleveland)?

It is not a sexy hire, but I am willing to give it a chance. I don't think it is fair to determine his future based on his short time in Cleveland. Guys like Saban, Belichick and Mangini all have good things to say about him and employed him on their staffs. I do think that Sparano will have a bigger hand in the offense, and I do think it can work out.

He is young and energetic and players do seem to like him, so it could work out. Don't know for sure that it will work, but it isn't the end of the world type hire that a lot of people think it is.

i didn't think childress was a match here from the start. talking to him is fine, installing a west coast offense was probably not going to happen at this time, especially with a work stoppage looming.

Because he is an idiot and doesn't belong coaching at any level. He should retire, thankful for the ill-gotten gains he has accumulated.

I am not a fan of Childress. I am not a fan of the guy we got. I was not a fan of many of the candidates we were rumored to be interested in.

What ever happened to looking for a NEW guy? The league is full of brilliant coaches and many of them haven't had the chance to be offensive coordinators yet but have loads of respect and a winning pedigree.

I feel like I'm talking to a wall with this organization sometimes. Perhaps it's just the 'orange carpet'.

he will be paid the same amount if he stays home or if he comes to work... why would he work?

Back
Top Bottom