Anybody Notice the back up for BATCH!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody Notice the back up for BATCH!!

nyjunc said:
it's not about us and ys I think we have more depth. Chad(when halthy and he is right now) is better than daunte, Ramsey and Harrington are a wash and Clemens has more potential than Lemon.

If I didn't know better, I would say you are playing the homer card to the extreme.

Can you offer (even a shread) of evidence that backs up your claim of Pennington being better than Culpepper?

And what makes you think Clemens has more potential than Lemon?

You honestly believe Chad is better than Daunte? That may be the funniest thing I have heard in years...next you will tell me he is better than Peyton too!

nyjunc said:
it's not about us and ys I think we have more depth. Chad(when halthy and he is right now) is better than daunte, Ramsey and Harrington are a wash and Clemens has more potential than Lemon.

WOW!!! Pennington better than Culpepper??? Take off your Jets glasses.
Pennington does absolutely nothing better than Daunte. Arm strength, mobility, accuracy all go to Daunte. You're not even remotely close on that one buddy boy!!

nyjunc said:

You're right, it isn't about the Jets...we were talking about winners with playoff potential this year.

Phinadict said:
If I didn't know better, I would say you are playing the homer card to the extreme.

Can you offer (even a shread) of evidence that backs up your claim of Pennington being better than Culpepper?

And what makes you think Clemens has more potential than Lemon?

Yes. In 5 full years as a starter in a crappy division and conf Daunte has led Minny to the playoffs just twice(once at 8-8) and since '00 when Daunte starts Minny is 4 games UNDER .500 and when someone else starts they are 4 games OVER .500.

Chad has been the starter since 2002, in 2 of the years he played at least 3/4 of games the Jets made the div rd in a MUCH tougher div and conf while in the 2 years he didn't play at least 3/4 of games the Jets won 10 games total. Since Chad took over the job when Chad starts the Jets are 5 games OVER .500 and when he does not start the Jets are 9 games UNDER .500.

Those #s above are MUCH more meaningful than fantasy stats, it shows the true value of the player and therefore Chad is better. You want to win take Chad, you want fantasy stats Daunte is your man.

TGall13 said:
WOW!!! Pennington better than Culpepper??? Take off your Jets glasses.
Pennington does absolutely nothing better than Daunte. Arm strength, mobility, accuracy all go to Daunte. You're not even remotely close on that one buddy boy!!

He does one thing better and that's WIN! oh and he's a more accurate passer, makes better decisions and protects the ball better. 3 keys to winning football from your QB.

placebo said:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187395

chads performance is fiedler like.

he only has 55 career tds, daunte had 39 in one season.

chad was and is a noodle arm nick carter looking fiedler style qb.

yep and in the year he had 39 TDs he led his team to EIGHT wins in a pathetic div and conf.

nyjunc said:
Yes. In 5 full years as a starter in a crappy division and conf Daunte has led Minny to the playoffs just twice(once at 8-8) and since '00 when Daunte starts Minny is 4 games UNDER .500 and when someone else starts they are 4 games OVER .500.

What an absolutely ridiculous post.. FYI, Minnesota during Culpepper's tenure never had a defense better than 23rd in points allowed. Plus they had no reliable running game to take the load off of him except for his rookie year when he handed off to Robert Smith ...

In Minny, they tried to build a team around C-pep. In Miami, he is an "addition" to a very good team. HUGE difference there kiddo !!

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
Thats a ridiculous post.. Minnesota during Culpepper's tenure never had a defense better than 23rd in points allowed. Plus the had no reliable running game to take the load off of him..

In Minny, they tried to build a team around C-pep. In Miami, he is an "addition" to a very good team. HUGE difference there kiddo !!

DAUNTE was a big contributor to the poor D w/ his ill timed TOs. Last year when aunte started the D allowed 28 PPG, when Brad started they allowed 17- that was not a coincidence. Brad protected the ball and didn't put his D in bad spots constantly.

As for the running game, Minny had one of the best running games in the league, just b/c they didn't have a feature back after Smith doesn't mean they couldn't run the ball. The #s below I posted a long time ago:

below is a breakdown of the Vikes RBs since '00(notice the YPC):

2000: Robert Smith 295 rushes, 1521 yds, 5.2 YPC, 7 TDs

2001: Only year w/o a good ground game. bennett had 172 carries for 682 yds but did have a respectable 4.0 YPC so they could run it they just chose not to.

2002: Bennett- 255 carries, 1296 yds, 5.1 YPC, 5 TDs and Moe williams added another 414 yds on 4.9 YPC w/ 11 TDs- this looks like a good running game to me, doesn't it?
Totals: 339 carries, 1710 yds, 5 YPC, 16 TDs

2003: bennett 90, 447 yds, 5 YPC, 1 TD
Smith- 107, 579 yds, 5.4 YPC, 5 TD
174, 745 yds, 4.3 YPC, 5 TDs
Totals: 371 carries, 1771 yds, 4.7 YPC, 11 TDs
This wasn't a good ground game?

2004: Bennett- 70, 276 yds, 3.9, 1 TD
Moore- 65, 379, 5.8
Smith- 124, 544, 4.4, 2 TDs
Moore- 30, 161, 5.4, 3 Tds
Totals: 289 carries, 1360 yds, 4.7 YPC, 6 TDs
Ground game a little down b/c they threw more.

nyjunc said:
Last year when aunte started the D allowed 28 PPG, when Brad started they allowed 17- that was not a coincidence. Brad protected the ball and didn't put his D in bad spots constantly.

Wasn't a coincidence ?? Look at the crap teams the Vikings played when BJ was in there !!! And look at those offenses.. Some of the very worst in the league bar none.

And, you are looking at just last year, when in fact Culpepper started the season with a nagging injury and played through it before blowing out his knee.. Notwithstanding, Johnson played against crappy teeams during their win streak.

As for the running game, Minny had one of the best running games in the league, just b/c they didn't have a feature back after Smith doesn't mean they couldn't run the ball. The #s below I posted a long time ago:

Those numbers are definitely nothing special.. Where are most of those backs now ? Any rated in the top 20 for backs ?? Please ..

Back
Top Bottom