Anybody Wanna Play Louisville? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody Wanna Play Louisville?

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
Louisville is trying to find a 12th game for the next 4 years. We'll play any "Big Boy" team but its got to be a home-and-home contract:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008802010479

Football scheduling has been a recurring headache at U of L, which has seen Duke, Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech back out of home-and-home series in recent years. Louisville has sued Duke, seeking either $450,000 for the three canceled games or another series with an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent.

Kevin Miller (associate AD) said yesterday that Georgia Tech, which was supposed to play U of L in 2008 and 2009 before backing out, recently agreed to delay the series instead of paying a buyout. The Cardinals and Yellow Jackets will play a home-and-home in the near future.

Ironically, Georgia Tech also is desperately searching for a 12th game in 2008 after Army bought out of its scheduled visit in October, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Miller said most of the teams who have shown interest in facing the Cards this year have been big-name BCS schools looking for a one-time-only game -- at their stadiums, naturally. Athletic director Tom Jurich's stance has been that U of L will play anybody home-and-home but that the program is big enough that it doesn't need to sign on for a non-return game or a 2-for-1 series.

Plus, Miller said, just taking a game for 2008 doesn't help much, because U of L has openings to fill in 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Please call or write your favorite team's AD and request U of L as an opponent.:up:

UCF expressed interest, but UL wanted no part of the Knights. God forbid they lose to a C-USA team.

UCF > Duke, so it's not like there would've been any dropoff.

the Gators don't have an opening. however would be nice to see an sec team step up

UCF expressed interest, but UL wanted no part of the Knights. God forbid they lose to a C-USA team.

UCF > Duke, so it's not like there would've been any dropoff.

Sorry, Louisville is trying to find opponents in BCS conferences. The rest of the country is knocking our schedule.

If we were going to play a C-USA team it would probably be Memphis since we had a long standing rivalry with them from the old days. I wouldn't mind UCF though, they're a good team!

the Gators don't have an opening. however would be nice to see an sec team step up

Currently U of L does have a contract with Georgia, but its not supposed to start until 2012 or something...

I know ND was talking with U of L, I dont think they have any openings now so it'd be in the future, if they play at all.

Sweet those should be some great games

Hopefully, but it doesn't always work out like that. Louisville signed a contract with Kansas State when their program was climbing and a few years later when it came time to activate the contract, KState had lost their coach and wasn't very good. National pundits start knocking us for playing them. People have to look at the big picture. I'm not saying Georgia is going to be a bad team in 2012, but you never know. Hopefully they won't buy their way out either.

The BCS system makes scheduling a nightmare.

I know ND was talking with U of L, I dont think they have any openings now so it'd be in the future, if they play at all.

There is ALOT of people in this city that would love this to happen. Louisville is a big Catholic city with quite a few ND football fans.

Tough finding quality opponents to come to your house ain't it?

Tough finding quality opponents to come to your house ain't it?

"Tough" is an understatement. The other BCS conferences are trying every which way they can to NOT legitimize the new Big East. Hey, its more money in their pockets. And going to play one game at a big opponent's home without a return game like USF does doesn't help matters.

You better watch out ACC fans, with FSU and UM being down the past few years, don't be surprised if the SEC, Big 10, PAC 10, and Big 12 take aim at your automatic BCS bid next...

I always look forward to seeing Cats/Cards play every year.

I always look forward to seeing Cats/Cards play every year.

And this year is a total mystery. I think you're going to see total different games played at the same time this year. U of L offense vs. UK defense will be completely different from UK offense vs. U of L defense. It will be interesting, and hopefully I've have a ticket. I think a buddy of mine has one for me...

ND will never do a home-n-home with Louisville. They will want 2 for every 1 or 3 for every 1.

And I don't blame them, because they will get it from teams. Actually have teams lined up to take that deal

Back
Top Bottom