Anybody Wanna Play Louisville? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody Wanna Play Louisville?

"Tough" is an understatement. The other BCS conferences are trying every which way they can to NOT legitimize the new Big East. Hey, its more money in their pockets. And going to play one game at a big opponent's home without a return game like USF does doesn't help matters.

You better watch out ACC fans, with FSU and UM being down the past few years, don't be surprised if the SEC, Big 10, PAC 10, and Big 12 take aim at your automatic BCS bid next...

since the BCS has started. The ACC champion has won 1 BCS bowl game. FSU over VT in 1999 for the national title. That's it!!!!!! ACC=1 BCS Bowl win in a decade!! Sad very sad

You better watch out ACC fans, with FSU and UM being down the past few years, don't be surprised if the SEC, Big 10, PAC 10, and Big 12 take aim at your automatic BCS bid next...

Hell will freeze over before that happens. The only other conference that's stronger top to bottom than the ACC is the SEC. All of the others are top heavy, particularly the Pac-10. The other two have been beginning to show more depth lately, but now that Miami has been somewhat rebuilt (not a national contender yet, but will be solid), the ACC will be much better. FSU is getting more talent, and even UNC has built a team that could become bowl-eligible and should compete very well against Rutgers and Notre Dame this year. Clemson and Va Tech will also be solid again.

since the BCS has started. The ACC champion has won 1 BCS bowl game. FSU over VT in 1999 for the national title. That's it!!!!!! ACC=1 BCS Bowl win in a decade!! Sad very sad

Current ACC teams have 4 BCS wins. If you want to make an argument about why the ACC shouldn't have an automatic bid, using misleading information hurts your cause.

Current ACC teams have 4 BCS wins. If you want to make an argument about why the ACC shouldn't have an automatic bid, using misleading information hurts your cause.

You can't count Miami and VT's wins when they were in the BIG EAST. That ain't fair!! Sorry

You can't count Miami and VT's wins when they were in the BIG EAST. That ain't fair!! Sorry

Those were just Miami's wins.

Let me ask you a question since you're so concerned with fairness. If School X is rated as an "A school" based on the students performance and School Y is rated as an "F school" based on the students performance, and all of the students from School X went to School Y and vice versa, is School X still an "A school"? Or do the "F school" students get to reap all of the rewards that the "A school" students earned?

Hell will freeze over before that happens. The only other conference that's stronger top to bottom than the ACC is the SEC. All of the others are top heavy, particularly the Pac-10. The other two have been beginning to show more depth lately, but now that Miami has been somewhat rebuilt (not a national contender yet, but will be solid), the ACC will be much better. FSU is getting more talent, and even UNC has built a team that could become bowl-eligible and should compete very well against Rutgers and Notre Dame this year. Clemson and Va Tech will also be solid again.

Wow that's a highly, highly debateable statement there. Many people would say that the ACC is mediocre top to bottom. That's why all of the teams appear to be equally tough because they are equally average. They say the same thing about the Big East.

Miami is somewhat rebuilt, but is still just a shadow of its former days. FSU is getting more talent? Are they getting better coaching too? UNC is on the way up but still has a way to go. I mean the ACC rep against Louisville in the Orange Bowl 2 years ago was Wake Forest. WAKE FOREST! Seriously...

Wow that's a highly, highly debateable statement there. Many people would say that the ACC is mediocre top to bottom. That's why all of the teams appear to be equally tough because they are equally average. They say the same thing about the Big East.

Miami is somewhat rebuilt, but is still just a shadow of its former days. FSU is getting more talent? Are they getting better coaching too? UNC is on the way up but still has a way to go. I mean the ACC rep against Louisville in the Orange Bowl 2 years ago was Wake Forest. WAKE FOREST! Seriously...

Of course it's debatable, but I think the best way is to look at how teams play out of conference non-bowl games. I'll exclude very top-tier wins/losses (i.e. Oklahoma, LSU losses, etc.) because we're talking about strength top-to-bottom, not just at the top.
Rutgers went against a major conference once last year - lost to Maryland at home. Louisville lost at Kentucky, but beat NC State. UConn beat Duke, but lost to Virginia. Pitt lost to Michigan State and Virginia. However, West Virginia beat Maryland and USF beat Auburn and North Carolina.

Clemson beat South Carolina. Florida State beat Colorado and Alabama, lost to Florida. GT lost to Georgia (and Georgia and Florida were both top 10 teams last year). Maryland's W's and L's were already talked about. Miami beat Texas A&M. UNC also lost to South Carolina. Wake Forest had a close loss against Nebraska but beat Vandy.

So it seems that the ACC lost most of its games against very top-tier programs, and SEC teams. The only quality OOC win I see from the Big East was USF over Auburn, but I see 3-4 quality OOC wins from the ACC, depending on whether you want to count FSU winning in Boulder.

These numbers change year to year I'm sure, I just think the ACC doesn't get enough credit for being strong top to bottom. People forget about the Virginia's and Maryland's that put up big wins each year, and the always solid teams like Clemson and Va Tech. Once Miami and FSU get going, we'll give the SEC a run for their money as the best conference. But that will probably be years away.

ACC lose its bid? Let's be serious, that was a bad statement to make. Especially with the additions of Boston College, Miami and Va Tech. Va Tech arguably should have been in the BCS title game last year and Boston College was ranked high last year as well. So the FSU and Miami powerhouses have been down a few years . . . they will get it turned around. The ACC is a very deep conference, they just haven't been superior at the top in a while. They are starting to get their act together. Saying they may lose their BCS bid is extremely laughable.

ACC lose its bid? Let's be serious, that was a bad statement to make. Especially with the additions of Boston College, Miami and Va Tech. Va Tech arguably should have been in the BCS title game last year and Boston College was ranked high last year as well. So the FSU and Miami powerhouses have been down a few years . . . they will get it turned around. The ACC is a very deep conference, they just haven't been superior at the top in a while. They are starting to get their act together. Saying they may lose their BCS bid is extremely laughable.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: They are deep alright. Deep in a pile of poop!

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: They are deep alright. Deep in a pile of poop!

Especially Clemson!! Supposedly the ACC's best team...what about VT? Seriously ECU? Sorry Kdawg, after yesterday I don't think its that much of a stretch...the ACC sucks.

Can we petition the BCS to replace the ACC's Orange Bowl bid with a team from Conf-USA!

LOL @ Louisville scoring only 2 points against UK.

They looked really impressive.

I can't really defend what you saw on Sunday, other than to say the football program is in a state of flux right now. The offense graduated a lot of skill position talent to the NFL.

It was only because we were called for intentional grounding in our own end zone..... :D

I wouldn't say much about offensive football if I were you kat fan. Our teams' collective offensive performances on Sunday set the game of football back 40 years.

Back
Top Bottom