Anyone besides me sick of losing within the division? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone besides me sick of losing within the division?

Everyone seems to get so touchy about so called leaders that have been on this team like Jason Taylor. Has it occurred to anyone besides me that we simply cant beat the Jets and Bills lately? Does losing to the Bills and Jets completely piss you off? It does me.

Since the beginning of the decade(the last 8 seasons) our beloved phins are a PATHETIC 17-31 within the division. Worse than that is if you didnt factor in that we were 12-12 and owned the Bills in the first four years of that stretch(6-2 vs the bills), it leaves a mark of 5-19 in the last 4 seasons vs. the division. And even worse(if it could get worse) is the fact that we have gone 3-5 vs the patsies in the last 4 seasons.

So its not as if the division record has been that bad due to the dominance of the patriots. No, our so called leaders like JT and Zach have bolstered a disgraceful 2-14 mark vs. the Jets and Bills in the last 4 seasons, including being swept in 3 of those 4 by each team. :(

Yea, it looks as though to me that the sooner we get rid of the players who have lead us to this point the better. And Im not talking about young guys like Ronnie, who arent wearing "C"'s on their uni's.(And Im sure Ronnie missed about half of those games anyway.:rolleyes:) Im talking about the men who are disingenuionously wearing "C"'s while finding other things to do besides be at "voluntary" workouts when their team needs leaders most.

Reality is simply JT continues to come up short against the Jets. Always has. Never makes the big play on a crucial 3rd down. Chad Pennington over the years has seemed to always find a way to make the play needed in these spots and wind up beating us by 4 points. Where was JT and his little heartbreaker celebration dance when we needed it?

And Zach? Hell he didnt even bother to show up to the first Jets game last season. What was stopping him from taking the flight with the team? A headache? Get real. Maybe he didnt go because Mawae left the Jets for Tennessee and he wasnt there to own him like he always had. Maybe Zach was afraid that being Mawae's personal beyotch on the gridiron wouldnt be there for his built in excuse by the fans to not make plays against the Jets. Fans couldnt say, "well the interior DL couldnt keep Mawae off Zach at all. What do you expect him to do against a C like that? Its the DLs fault." Yea right.

Yea I got a Zach jersey. And you guys can say whatever you want about the fact Im bashing the two former leaders of our D. But, when I look back at what they have done for us over a career, it kinda pisses me off. Basically they have been owned by the Jets and Bills and there is really nothing worse than that. Granted they never had a good QB(which IMHO has been the biggest problem of this franchise for the last 10 years), and that in turn lead to coaching changes every other week and alot of other problems. But, it seems like in every big spot over the last 10 years, even when the defense was highly ranked, they always came up short when they needed a crucial stop with the game on the line.

And for JT personally. I always thought a true "Captain" goes down with his ship. Not whines the whole seasons when the ship is finally hitting rock bottom, then start the process of spawning a hollywood career, and cap it off by requesting specifically to go to a big market or contender/both. Basically he wants to gravy train it and ride someones coat tails to a title, collect his 16 million he is due on the last two years of his contract, and ride off onto Rodeo Dr. with a little boost from either being in a big market or gravy training that title or a combination of both.

All this PREMATURELY I might add. Theres no reason JT cant play 4 more seasons if he wanted. No reason he cant stay here and be a TRUE CAPTAIN and be the foundation for Parcells' 4 YEAR PLAN to winning a world title.

But, somehow you guys are all for JT going somewhere else, and rooting hard for that team just for his sake, as if he gives a **** about you, me, or our team. I say whatever.

You guys can be ready to paste these guys all over the ring of honor if you want. I say JT is leaving with unfinished business that he wants no part of. I say they both got owned by the Jets and Bills and in my eyes that counts for ALOT. Theres nothing I hate worse than losing to the Jets and Bills. Am I bitter about it? You bet your *** I am.

I just cant tolerate it much more. And Im certainly glad the new man in charge wont tolerate it either. Im glad he feels like I do about the situation.

Zach had no choice about leaving so Im not upset with him personally about how he departed. He still got owned by Mawae and the Jets though. And for that reason I dont rate him as highly as other great players we have had. But, JT has lost all credibility with me. Im sorry. Thats just how I feel about it. Stop telling us the Jets "aint coming back on us" and actually make a play that keeps a 300 year old QB from doing just that.

So, heres to BILL PARCELLS and getting this franchise back where it should be. Its rightfull place. ATOP THE AFC EAST. Dominating the Jets and Bills. :hi5:

I blame JJ as being the worst, and most residual catastrophe that could have befallen the Fins. Sure his drafts were okay, not really as great as some would believe, and his fieldmanship was passable, but obviously the bottom-line is the bottom-line when it comes to advancing not "into" but "through" the playoffs. The way he treated Marino was bad but the worst was force-feeding Wannstedt down Wayne's and the fans' throats. I was reading the Bears newsgroups back then and when Wanny was fired, it sounded like Chicago was ready to erupt in a parade. By accepting a loser, we only intensified our downward spiral first into mediocrity and then even further into the abyss.

The mindset that the Fins will settle for being also-rans so long as they make the playoffs was seeded in the JJ era; if there was never a JJ here there'd have never been a Wanny here either! I don't blame players as much as I do GMs for being shortsighted if not downright stupid, and uninspired coaching which always found a bright spot in our humiliations - and like small malignancies, both these shortcomings which metastasized into the terminal cancer of 2007, can be traced directly back to Jimmy Johnson, the root of all problems IMO.

Come on lets stop over thinking things a bit. There are three names that own primary responsibility for our downfall and they have nothing to do with being 2006 AFC player of the year or leading tackler on our team for the last 10 years.

Oh and the same three are the ONLY reason we have not held our own in the division.

Wannstedt, Saban and Cameron

That’s it, no one else to blame, end of story.

Moving on….

As sick as I am of the losing in general, I agree that losing to bad teams like the Jets and Bills, time after time, every year, is extremely frustrating and discouraging. Beating those two teams on a regular basis would be an excellent start to changing the losing-is-inevitable mindset that has replaced our long time winning tradition.

I blame JJ as being the worst, and most residual catastrophe that could have befallen the Fins. Sure his drafts were okay, not really as great as some would believe, and his fieldmanship was passable, but obviously the bottom-line is the bottom-line when it comes to advancing not "into" but "through" the playoffs. The way he treated Marino was bad but the worst was force-feeding Wannstedt down Wayne's and the fans' throats. I was reading the Bears newsgroups back then and when Wanny was fired, it sounded like Chicago was ready to erupt in a parade. By accepting a loser, we only intensified our downward spiral first into mediocrity and then even further into the abyss.

The mindset that the Fins will settle for being also-rans so long as they make the playoffs was seeded in the JJ era; if there was never a JJ here there'd have never been a Wanny here either! I don't blame players as much as I do GMs for being shortsighted if not downright stupid, and uninspired coaching which always found a bright spot in our humiliations - and like small malignancies, both these shortcomings which metastasized into the terminal cancer of 2007, can be traced directly back to Jimmy Johnson, the root of all problems IMO.

This. JJ hosed us royally when it came to the face of the franchise and the aftermath of his leaving.

When I first read the thread title, I thought to myself, I really hate those teams. But it's no surprise, when you've been out of the playoffs as long as this team has, you definitely haven't been doing much winning within your division. I love the rivalries, love to hate those teams, and am thankful the Colts no longer reside in the AFCE with us.

To answer your question, yes. Do I put the blame on JT and Zach? No. But do I think they have always come up in the clutch when we needed them? No. Did they do so often? JT yes, Zach, well, I would have to think about it. I can remember many a fourth quarters where he looked run down and worn out. Bless his heart, he is a little jack rabbit out there, but Im not sure he could take the bruising the last 4 years or so. Im not going to knock you for the post, because I certainly think it has some validity, and its ballsy to come out here and post something negative about the two faces of our franchise. At the same time, you have to wonder where we would be WITHOUT them. Just a thought.

Excellent points. I agree.

To answer your question, yes. Do I put the blame on JT and Zach? No. But do I think they have always come up in the clutch when we needed them? No. Did they do so often? JT yes, Zach, well, I would have to think about it. I can remember many a fourth quarters where he looked run down and worn out. Bless his heart, he is a little jack rabbit out there, but Im not sure he could take the bruising the last 4 years or so. Im not going to knock you for the post, because I certainly think it has some validity, and its ballsy to come out here and post something negative about the two faces of our franchise. At the same time, you have to wonder where we would be WITHOUT them. Just a thought.

Well said.

Here's a thought...

HOW ABOUT WE STOP BLAMING PEOPLE AND JUST GO FORWARD AND NOT THINK ABOUT THE PAST?!?

We shouldn't worry about things we can't control. The things in the past, they are done with. The team is what it is now. Let's just look ahead and hope that things get better.

I am so sick of the patriots period . one thing tha twould help knock them off their pedastal is to rotate divsions foe awhile . for example we move buffalo and teh pats to the afc north and take miami and move to the afc south.

here is my dream rivials and divisions.

afc north
pittsburgh
buffalo
baltimore
new england

afc east
colts
jets
bengals
browns

afc south
miami
tenn
houston
jacksonville

this would be a 4 year thing so it would help keep a team from knowing too much about their rivials

Back
Top Bottom