Anyone catch that last statement by Ireland about we have a #1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone catch that last statement by Ireland about we have a #1?

MrEd

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
When Ireland discusses that 'yes' they are looking to obtain a big play WR that can get them chunk yards and is a big time need...he throws a little hint that they still consider Ginn Jr their #1. Did anyone else here that?

He states real fast before he changes topics, yeah, we have a #1 WR.

Now if I interpreted that correctly (I'm open to not having interpreted that correctly) then it could mean that he is looking for a big play WR that doesn't necessarily equate to a big tall #1 WR.

It could mean that they are just looking for a "supplement" guy to what we already have that can stretch the field 'also' and be a big play #2. :bobdole:

Then, they interview Tate "a small guy" on Friday. :err:

Can Miami be looking to obtain a big play TE and a deep threat guy like Tate? And in this case Bess' roster spot is going to be on notice, not Camarillo. Now, not saying that Tate is their guy in the 2nd round because they interviewed him. But last season, they didn't interview quite a number of guys that many thought they would.

I would think that everyone that they interview is at 'least' on their board. Doesn't mean that they are the #1 target at a specific round, but that they are 'indeed' on their board, or they wouldn't bother with them.

So if Tate is someone on their board, and they signed another shorty/speedster last month in Grice-Mullen. Could this be what they mean by a 'chunk player'?

I mean, Ireland just mentioned that Patrick Turner is a big redzone target that Henne is going to have 'for the future'. His exact words.

Am I missing it totally? Or 'could' I be on to something? :oops:

he throws a little hint that they still consider Ginn Jr their #1. Did anyone else here that?

I guess people hear what they wanna hear

I seriously doubt that Ireland is putting all his #1 receiver eggs in Ginns basket

if he is he is a moron, but I doubt he is a moron

maybe he means Ginn will stay a phin and be given every chance to compete for the #1 receiver. that would be the smart thing to say

I seriously doubt that Ireland is putting all his #1 receiver eggs in Ginns basket

maybe he means Ginn will stay a phin and be given every chance to compete for the #1 receiver. that would be the smart thing to say

How am I hearing what I 'wanna' hear? If I just made all those :bobdole: faces and stated I'm open to having misinterpreted that statement? C'mon, dude. My point was that interviewing Tate didn't fit into what I have been thinking Miami is looking at for a big play #1 chunks yard WR.

Then, again, let's not ignore that they also signed another shorty/speedster to compete in TC as well. The fact that he endorsed/implied that Patrick Turner is a big redzone target for the future...is also a sign to what I'm saying.

If I misinterpreted by those points. As I've said that I'm open to having misinterpreted that. Then, by all means, point out where they mean something else (as I would like them to mean something else, trust me.)

Tate may be small, but he isn't a "shifty little guy" like Bess. He is a big-play receiver...I just wish he was a little bigger....he would be a GREAT #2.

Tate may be small, but he isn't a "shifty little guy" like Bess. He is a big-play receiver...I just wish he was a little bigger....he would be a GREAT #2.

Yea, and since no one oblidged to help me see that I misinterpreted, I guess I will help myself with another possible theory to what this could mean...and this could actually be the better theory.

What this could mean also is that Tate/Grice-Mullen and whatever short/deepthreat they bring in could actually be a possible Ted Ginn Jr replacement. And what I mean by that and Ireland's comment about Ginn being a #1 is that maybe Ireland is preparing Ginn Jr for a trade for that Boldin type opposite of a Tate type, which would be the new deepthreat.

Grice-Mullen types could maybe be the FO preparing to find a replacement for him on KR/PRs. And Tate types his replacement in the starting lineup at deepthreat. Then, Ginn is shipped for a player like Boldin. And then in this scenario, Ireland is looking for a complete makeover to our WR corps starting lineup.:ponder:

How am I hearing what I 'wanna' hear? If I just made all those :bobdole: faces and stated I'm open to having misinterpreted that statement? C'mon, dude. My point was that interviewing Tate didn't fit into what I have been thinking Miami is looking at for a big play #1 chunks yard WR.

Then, again, let's not ignore that they also signed another shorty/speedster to compete in TC as well. The fact that he endorsed/implied that Patrick Turner is a big redzone target for the future...is also a sign to what I'm saying.

If I misinterpreted by those points. As I've said that I'm open to having misinterpreted that. Then, by all means, point out where they mean something else (as I would like them to mean something else, trust me.)

you started a thread based on your interpretation so you better own it

OR print verbatim what Ireland said

what a weak thread

This. I think you're hearing what you hearing what you wanna hear. Lol at Bess' spot being on notice. Bess is not going anywhere. Interviewing Tate means absolutely nothing at all. They're going to interview most of the WR's. And Tate is not a burner/speedy guy. Even though he's little, he's actually more of a scrappy/YAC type of guy. I'm also interested in hearing what Ireland said. If he indeed hinted at Ginn being a number 1 I may just jump off a bridge :crazy:

I think the OP may be reading too much into this. Even if they have plans involving a trade and Ginn they are not going to lead anything on. This FO will do the typical doublespeak organizations do. Its part of the 'game' behind the 'game'. Ginn is on paper closest thing to a deep threat and the speed you would like in a number one. Anyone who is paying attention knows we don't have a true number one. And, Bess aint' going anywhere. Interviewing Tate is non-consequential. They will interview more guys. This is a deep draft and all options will be explored.

you started a thread based on your interpretation so you better own it

OR print verbatim what Ireland said

what a weak thread

What a weak rebuttal. Liberal school debate again? :crazy:

Wow! You can't seriously be paying attention to anything the GM says this time of year, can you?????

Ireland has been lying like a rug since he arrived in Indiana.

Everything he says is part of a disinformation campaign to confuse other teams about how we may go in the draft.

C'MON MAAAN

Don't believe anything the Dolphins brass says. In fact perhaps your best shot would be thinking the opposite of what they say.

Wow! You can't seriously be paying attention to anything the GM says this time of year, can you?????

Ireland has been lying like a rug since he arrived in Indiana.

Everything he says is part of a disinformation campaign to confuse other teams about how we may go in the draft.

C'MON MAAAN

Don't believe anything the Dolphins brass says. In fact perhaps your best shot would be thinking the opposite of what they say.

Give me an example where he blatantly lied to us/media? He keeps it close to the vest, but his information is cloudy at best, but not misinformation.

And please don't give me that fake 'truly a misspeech' of a 'anchor of a defense' when he had the #1 overall pick and had no need to be faking anyone out. :bobdole:

No, Ireland is not Saban. He actually clarifies the obvious and then admits to "...I won't give that info out because I don't want to give away our cards..." But when he says that he'd rather trade for more picks, he's not blatantly lying. He is being truthful.

C'mon, dude. Let me guess then, so he was lying about why he was releasing Joey POrter? So it wasn't because of his performance? So why did he 'really' cut Porter? :rolleyes2:

What a weak rebuttal. Liberal school debate again? :crazy:

I am not debating anything

if I debated every horrible thread based on nothing at FH I would have carpal tunnel syndrome

I am not debating anything

if I debated every horrible thread based on nothing at FH I would have carpal tunnel syndrome

:lol: Fair enough, but it was you who first stated 'debate', not I. I was just going with your current. Like I said, just trying to figure stuff out while we sit desperately awaiting FA and the draft, like everyone else. :up:

This has nothing to do with 'I am a Ginn stickler, I hate Ginn' stuff. I just want to know who Miami "really" acquires and who they 'really' end up trading for/cutting etc.

I'm desperate to see our 2010 roster begin to develop.

Back
Top Bottom