Anyone catch that last statement by Ireland about we have a #1? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone catch that last statement by Ireland about we have a #1?

Wow! You can't seriously be paying attention to anything the GM says this time of year, can you?????

Ireland has been lying like a rug since he arrived in Indiana.

Everything he says is part of a disinformation campaign to confuse other teams about how we may go in the draft.

C'MON MAAAN

Don't believe anything the Dolphins brass says. In fact perhaps your best shot would be thinking the opposite of what they say.

exactly, what good would it do for Ireland to slam Ginn and Gerbil?

should Ireland rate our roster and then publish it with our draft board?

Well I would hope they interview every WR there! What happens when 1 of them becomes great and then look back and realize that they never even talked to the kid. Just doing their job, why that is suppose to tell you something else I don't know!

Well I would hope they interview every WR there! What happens when 1 of them becomes great and then look back and realize that they never even talked to the kid. Just doing their job, why that is suppose to tell you something else I don't know!
This. I believe MrEd is putting a bit too much stock in the Tate interview. We'll be interviewing many WR's.

AS lbmclean said, I'd like to see where he said what he said. But it seems to me that they are interested in getting a big playmaker at WR.

"Every offense needs big playmakers, Ireland said. "Every offense does. This offense is no different. We need big playamkers. We need players that make chunk yardage.We need players that score touchdowns. This offense is no different. We need chunk players."
"We do need a big-play playmaker in my mind .. We need to get more production out of the wide receiver position."
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...acker-position----be-it-because-everyone.html

Wow! You can't seriously be paying attention to anything the GM says this time of year, can you?????

Ireland has been lying like a rug since he arrived in Indiana.

Everything he says is part of a disinformation campaign to confuse other teams about how we may go in the draft.

C'MON MAAAN

Don't believe anything the Dolphins brass says. In fact perhaps your best shot would be thinking the opposite of what they say.

I think its more of telling a couple of lies here and there mixed with his true feelings, a la bp. you remember how well he talked about beck before he cut his ***?

When Ireland discusses that 'yes' they are looking to obtain a big play WR that can get them chunk yards and is a big time need...he throws a little hint that they still consider Ginn Jr their #1. Did anyone else here that?

He states real fast before he changes topics, yeah, we have a #1 WR.

Now if I interpreted that correctly (I'm open to not having interpreted that correctly) then it could mean that he is looking for a big play WR that doesn't necessarily equate to a big tall #1 WR.

It could mean that they are just looking for a "supplement" guy to what we already have that can stretch the field 'also' and be a big play #2. :bobdole:

Then, they interview Tate "a small guy" on Friday. :err:

Can Miami be looking to obtain a big play TE and a deep threat guy like Tate? And in this case Bess' roster spot is going to be on notice, not Camarillo. Now, not saying that Tate is their guy in the 2nd round because they interviewed him. But last season, they didn't interview quite a number of guys that many thought they would.

I would think that everyone that they interview is at 'least' on their board. Doesn't mean that they are the #1 target at a specific round, but that they are 'indeed' on their board, or they wouldn't bother with them.

So if Tate is someone on their board, and they signed another shorty/speedster last month in Grice-Mullen. Could this be what they mean by a 'chunk player'?

I mean, Ireland just mentioned that Patrick Turner is a big redzone target that Henne is going to have 'for the future'. His exact words.

Am I missing it totally? Or 'could' I be on to something? :oops:
Um every team has a "#1 WR" on their roster.

Every team has a No. 1 receiver on the depth chart, but it doesnt mean he is a good one just because he listed No. 1. Such is the case with Ginn.

Every team has a No. 1 receiver on the depth chart, but it doesnt mean he is a good one just because he listed No. 1. Such is the case with Ginn.
Which is exactly what Ireland is basically saying.

I am not debating anything

if I debated every horrible thread based on nothing at FH I would have carpal tunnel syndrome

That is because there is nothing to debate. Ginn is not our #1 and never will be. Ireland Parcells and Sparano knows this as a definite. That being said, Ireland definitely wasnt referring to Ginn in his comment. This is common sense.

Kory Sperry had just as many TD's as Ginn did.. :lol:

Who are they not talking too is who Miami will draft. Especially high in the draft.

That is because there is nothing to debate. Ginn is not our #1 and never will be. Ireland Parcells and Sparano knows this as a definite. That being said, Ireland definitely wasnt referring to Ginn in his comment. This is common sense.

Kory Sperry had just as many TD's as Ginn did.. :lol:

Care to reveal then, 'who' they were talking about?

Eh ... Ireland's just pre-draft posturing. Mis-information, slight of hand and disguising of true intentions is the norm this time of year, as it is every year at this time.

Yup, MrEd reading way too much into this.

And what do you expect them to say about Patrick Turner? That they expect to cut him soon and he has been a major disappointment?

Our GM should be likened to a politician when reading comments to the public - he is suppose to motivate our personnel not tear them down.

Don't over analyze the stuff Ireland says... you'll drive yourself nuts.

Back
Top Bottom